The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 06, 2017, 05:43:47 PM
My My, ye have been busy in this thread since I last looked.
I was expecting a lot of chat about Rooney coming and Lukaku going to Utd but alas it looks like the red shite fans have finally got fed up with Everton in the news too much and have come on to vent their anger.

Usually they have no interest in what we do so something must be rattling their cage.

Anyway, what do ye make of 75M for Romelu? Is it just his agent starting the ball rolling and they're expecting Chelsea to come back with an offer?

I would say the agent much prefers him to go to United, for his own cut
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Crete Boom

Quote from: Minder on July 06, 2017, 08:02:04 PM
I was expecting a lot of chat about Rooney coming and Lukaku going to Utd but alas it looks like the red shite fans have finally got fed up with Everton in the news too much and have come on to vent their anger.

Usually they have no interest in what we do so something must be rattling their cage.

Anyway, what do ye make of 75M for Romelu? Is it just his agent starting the ball rolling and they're expecting Chelsea to come back with an offer?

That's why I was thinking when Man U came into the picture!! I think Rom would prefer to go to Chelsea, Man City, Bayern etc. If the agent wants his cut then we should hold out for at least £95m for Rom.

Syferus

Quote from: Crete Boom on July 06, 2017, 08:11:48 PM

That's why I was thinking when Man U came into the picture!! I think Rom would prefer to go to Chelsea, Man City, Bayern etc. If the agent wants his cut then we should hold out for at least £95m for Rom.

He's moving whatever happens. Everton are not in a strong bargaining position. Lukaku is exactly the sort of player who will sulk ala Payet if he doesn't get his way and be a distraction.

quit yo jibbajabba

Main striker sold for 75mill. In other news the club has won the best kept flowerbeds outside of a stadium for the third year running so all in all its been a good day

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 06, 2017, 08:40:14 PM
Main striker sold for 75mill. In other news the club has won the best kept flowerbeds outside of a stadium for the third year running so all in all its been a good day
My favourite story about Everton is when they were building a new trophy room, they nipped across to Anfield to measure the European Cup(where else would the go in fairness) so as to build a cabinet big enough for when they won it.. ;D
I think that's where they keep their good china plates now...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

SHEEDY

Quote from: laoislad on July 06, 2017, 09:09:18 PM
My favourite story about Everton is when they were building a new trophy room, they nipped across to Anfield to measure the European Cup(where else would the go in fairness) so as to build a cabinet big enough for when they won it.. ;D
cool story man.  ::)
nil satis nisi optimum

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2017, 08:19:39 PM

He's moving whatever happens. Everton are not in a strong bargaining position. Lukaku is exactly the sort of player who will sulk ala Payet if he doesn't get his way and be a distraction.
what would you know?

everton can afford to leave him with the U20 team if they want

we'll measure the toilets over at the pit and make sure they're big enough to carry yer arses when ye come over to the new iconic stadium built along the city's waterfront

Crete Boom

Suarez went for £68m and how are your flowerbeds looking?

Crete Boom

Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2017, 08:19:39 PM

Agent gets next to nothing if he leaves on a free!! Sad to say but this is probably one of the most important factors in this move so I am going to guess he goes for £85m to Chelsea or Man U.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Crete Boom on July 06, 2017, 09:57:12 PM

Im sure youve a point in there somewhere

And jaysus this money has really gone to yermanfromdelmontes head, dont get too obsessed with the neighbours theres 4or5 other half decent teams kickin around too ye know

laoislad

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 06, 2017, 09:40:41 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 06, 2017, 09:09:18 PM
cool story man.  ::)
True story man.... ;D
Here ya go...fast forward to about 29mins and 35 seconds in
https://youtu.be/qLSwbxuPTZ4
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Crete Boom

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 06, 2017, 10:05:15 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on July 06, 2017, 09:57:12 PM

Im sure youve a point in there somewhere

And jaysus this money has really gone to yermanfromdelmontes head, dont get too obsessed with the neighbours theres 4or5 other half decent teams kickin around too ye know

He was your main striker, Christ he nearly won the league for you which put's ye in the same position as us i.e a small club compared to the big boys, but you're right Spurs Chelsea and the United Arab City will be the main teams I think next season with anyone from Arsenal to Leicester scrambling around inconsistently below them.
I'm old enough remember the false hope under Colin Harvey to be anointing Koeman as the second coming of Harry Cattarick and as for our new stadium , Kings Dock anyone!!! I do like that Moshari owns the liver building which would piss off the pool fans if any of them actually lived in Liverpool!! ;D ;D

quit yo jibbajabba

Im quite sure that wasnt the original point you were trying to make but if you dont mind can we just leave it now? My head hurts just a little bit  :o

gawa316

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 04, 2017, 10:57:49 AM
Yeah it's exciting times for Everton and we're finally showing we can compete financially with the bigger boys.

Were any of the bigger boys actually bidding for any of those players?

Crete Boom

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 06, 2017, 11:55:31 PM
Im quite sure that wasnt the original point you were trying to make but if you dont mind can we just leave it now? My head hurts just a little bit  :o

No problem I'm happy to quit this jibbajabba. ;D