The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

SHEEDY

it looks like Roberto Martinez is set to be the new everton manager. everton have asked wigan for permission to speak to Martinez about the vacant managers job and wigan have now confirmed that he will be leaving the club.
nil satis nisi optimum

deiseach

Any thoughts on the new badge:

Whoops, I mean:

Orior

From the Daily Mash

Everton fans weird
28-05-13

A FURIOUS protest over badges suggests Everton fans may not be normal.

The club has unveiled a new shirt badge which experts say is 6.4% different to the old badge.

But supporters insisted the new badge was 'odd', 'clownish' and a 'betrayal of the club's heritage' leading to suggestions that they may be the sort of people who receive daily instructions from their goldfish.

Julian Cook, a badge dispute analyst, said: "To describe the new badge as 'odd' seems... odd.

"There's also significant levels of fury at the absence of the club's Latin motto, which translates as 'nothing but the best is good enough'. Given Everton's recent history, this would seem to be both untrue and redundant.

"Perhaps they could replace it with 'David Moyes is a total fucknut'. In Latin."

Cook added: "Both badges feature the same ugly little tower, both feature the club's founding date and both are the same basic shape. But such is the level of anger that I sense this is not actually about the badge.

"Gary Lineker needs to tell someone to have a word with them."

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/everton-fans-weird-2013052870165

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

deiseach

And the best bit is that Evertonians will react as if that article is serious.

SHEEDY

Quote from: deiseach on May 28, 2013, 03:19:20 PM

Whoops, I mean:

over 22,000 fans have now signed an online petition against the new badge. a lot of fans up in arms and rightly so. looks like it was designed by a 5yr old.
not sure on Martinez either. after several seasons of trying he finally managed to get wigan relegated. :-\
nil satis nisi optimum

Orior

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 28, 2013, 06:07:55 PM
Quote from: deiseach on May 28, 2013, 03:19:20 PM

Whoops, I mean:

over 22,000 fans have now signed an online petition against the new badge. a lot of fans up in arms and rightly so. looks like it was designed by a 5yr old.
not sure on Martinez either. after several seasons of trying he finally managed to get wigan relegated. :-\

Ah Sheedy, come on be serious and don't let the Daily Mash appear right!

johnneycool

Not up in arms about Martinez either, he's today's next big thing but no real substance to back up this hype. If its true then its a bit of a lazy appointment by Bill.

Also,
  If he's resigned then why would Dave Whelan be looking compensation from his next employers?

deiseach

Quote from: johnneycool on May 29, 2013, 08:25:49 AM
If he's resigned then why would Dave Whelan be looking compensation from his next employers?

Because Dave Whelan is a loud-mouthed parasitic Tory robber baron.

Orior

Quote from: deiseach on May 29, 2013, 10:02:09 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on May 29, 2013, 08:25:49 AM

Because Dave Whelan is a loud-mouthed parasitic Tory robber baron.

What are you trying to say?

johnneycool

Nice to see Bill considering outside managers the british meeja haven't heard of in Rangnick in Germany as well as the Spaniard Vitor Pereira, bet he still plumps for Martinez though, mores the pity.

Fuzzman

Yeah I'm delighted he's taking his time and looking outside of England.
Of course it might be far off fields look green but I like the sound of Rangnick.

I read somewhere that Dave Whelan is looking for £2M in compensation should he go to Everton.
How does that work if a manager resigns from his role but then goes to another club.
Does there need to be a definite time between he joins a new club or does he have to buy himself out of his contract when he resigns?

It's kinda weird but I read yesterday that Fellaini is talking of staying now. Maybe its all just talk by him but we could probably do with the money we'd get for selling him. Hopefully if he goes it won't be at the last minute and we've no time to buy any replacements.

johnneycool

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 31, 2013, 11:47:30 AM
Yeah I'm delighted he's taking his time and looking outside of England.
Of course it might be far off fields look green but I like the sound of Rangnick.

I read somewhere that Dave Whelan is looking for £2M in compensation should he go to Everton.
How does that work if a manager resigns from his role but then goes to another club.
Does there need to be a definite time between he joins a new club or does he have to buy himself out of his contract when he resigns?

It's kinda weird but I read yesterday that Fellaini is talking of staying now. Maybe its all just talk by him but we could probably do with the money we'd get for selling him. Hopefully if he goes it won't be at the last minute and we've no time to buy any replacements.

There was money in January set aside to buy Fer, so you'd hope that that money is still there, still like to see an out and out striker with pace akin to little pea who plays a bit part at ManU, its the least Moyes could do..

With Distin touching 35, another option at centre back would be good as Heitinga is looking out, thought he was poor last year and Duffy needs a loan to a championship club to get game time IMO.

NAG1

Really hope Fellaini signs a new contract, dont want him ending up at OT.