The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 14, 2012, 02:48:56 PM
gutted. better team won. mistake from distin was big turning point. same old story for everton. seem to have a mental block when it comes to beating our neighbours.
Almost a carbon copy of Gary Stevens in 86. Sickening as someone said you wouldn't mind getting outplayed. Anyone can make a mistake but a game like yesterday which was so tight, it has to be row Z every time. Everton didn't create much though which was almost as disappointing as this is a poor Liverpool team.

SHEEDY

what a match that was. brilliant to come back from 2 goals down at old trafford.  thought we played today with a bit of freedom that was missing last week. right from the start the players were up for it and credit for that has to go to moyes for lifting them after the semi final disappointment. fellaini and jelavic caused utd all sorts of problems and pienaar showed how valuable he is. the look on fergies face at the end was a priceless.
nil satis nisi optimum

Orangemac

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 22, 2012, 03:29:37 PM
what a match that was. brilliant to come back from 2 goals down at old trafford.  thought we played today with a bit of freedom that was missing last week. right from the start the players were up for it and credit for that has to go to moyes for lifting them after the semi final disappointment. fellaini and jelavic caused utd all sorts of problems and pienaar showed how valuable he is. the look on fergies face at the end was a priceless.
Unbelievable result today particularly after the disappointment of last week. Jelavic seems like the bargain of the season already. If we can keep the team together, sign up Pienaar and maybe another striker and midfielder the signs are good for next season.

The Worker

Quote from: Orangemac on April 22, 2012, 04:24:44 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on April 22, 2012, 03:29:37 PM
Unbelievable result today particularly after the disappointment of last week. Jelavic seems like the bargain of the season already. If we can keep the team together, sign up Pienaar and maybe another striker and midfielder the signs are good for next season.

cisse?

boojangles

Mr. Nakata

Still distraught about how badly we played last week. Don't think I've ever seen a worse half from the blues. Sickening...Showed some great desire today, but that performance only infuriates me more. How can they play with such passion today and with such fear last Saturday lunchtime. I'm still too gutted too enjoy that performance today. I hate football....

Orangemac

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on April 22, 2012, 08:16:37 PM
Still distraught about how badly we played last week. Don't think I've ever seen a worse half from the blues. Sickening...Showed some great desire today, but that performance only infuriates me more. How can they play with such passion today and with such fear last Saturday lunchtime. I'm still too gutted too enjoy that performance today. I hate football....
Share your frustration Mr Nakata. It has to physchological, you see the result Liverpool had again today. We can regularly beat Chelsea,Spurs,City all who are better teams than Liverpool.

johnneycool

Quote from: Orangemac on April 22, 2012, 10:01:46 PM
Quote from: Mr. Nakata on April 22, 2012, 08:16:37 PM
Share your frustration Mr Nakata. It has to physchological, you see the result Liverpool had again today. We can regularly beat Chelsea,Spurs,City all who are better teams than Liverpool.

It seems Everton don't handle expectation well, probably not used to it in fairness. Yesterday they had nothing to play for and went for it, something Moyes doesn't really do that often. Granted Utd opened up the defence very easily at times.
Nice to see my mate hibbert put in the odd cross rather than boot it as far as he can.

Would like to see more of Drenthe but highly unlikely now that he's blotted his copybook!

gawa316

Quote from: johnneycool on April 23, 2012, 01:00:26 PM

Would like to see more of Drenthe but highly unlikely now that he's blotted his copybook!

What did he do?

johnneycool

Quote from: gawa316 on April 23, 2012, 01:14:21 PM

What did he do?

Don't know the specifics but he was 'disciplined' by the club for something or other.

SHEEDY

Quote from: johnneycool on April 23, 2012, 01:19:38 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on April 23, 2012, 01:14:21 PM

What did he do?

Don't know the specifics but he was 'disciplined' by the club for something or other.
apparently drenthe wont play again for everton. he's been disciplined by the club for turning up to training 2 hours late on several occasions and then lack of effort when he was there.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

everton flying again at the end of the season ( in the premiership anyway ). thats 4 goals in our last 3 league games. 1st time we've done that since 1964 apparently. what a steal jelavic is proving to be. another shrewd signing from moyes. if only we could start the season the way we finish.
nil satis nisi optimum

Orangemac

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 28, 2012, 06:45:43 PM
everton flying again at the end of the season ( in the premiership anyway ). thats 4 goals in our last 3 league games. 1st time we've done that since 1964 apparently. what a steal jelavic is proving to be. another shrewd signing from moyes. if only we could start the season the way we finish.
Read that this the 1st time a team has scored 4 goals 3 games in a row in Prem league.Jelavic is fastest player to score 10 goals for Everton in a 100 years.Most natural finisher we have had since Tony Cottee.

See we are being linked with Clint Dempsey.Him and Jelavic would make a great partnership. Sign up Pienar and either Landon Donovan or Hoillett from Blackburn and we would have some team for next year.

johnneycool

Quote from: Orangemac on April 29, 2012, 09:19:18 AM
Quote from: SHEEDY on April 28, 2012, 06:45:43 PM
Read that this the 1st time a team has scored 4 goals 3 games in a row in Prem league.Jelavic is fastest player to score 10 goals for Everton in a 100 years.Most natural finisher we have had since Tony Cottee.

See we are being linked with Clint Dempsey.Him and Jelavic would make a great partnership. Sign up Pienar and either Landon Donovan or Hoillett from Blackburn and we would have some team for next year.

Talk of Fellaini going to Chelsea for 20 odd million pounds, possibly idle paper gossip, but a big decision for Moyes. I like Fellaini a lot but midfield (with Pienaar back) is probably the strongest sector at Everton at the minute!

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...