The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Nakata

Ticket secured for Wembley. Toffees playing well and players are fighting for their jersey. Gueye looks to be nailed on now. This weekend in the smoke will either be heaven or hell. Didn't see any highlights of Liverpool over the weekend but heard Doni was flapping all over the place. With Jelavic and Cahill both great in the air, this gives me hope. What scares me is our continuous psychological meltdown when playing Liverpool, even when they are playing shite. Moyes better have them right. Roll on Saturday lunchtime....

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Orangemac on April 09, 2012, 05:19:37 PM
Another brilliant result today with a few key men rested. Yet again we are showing CL form since Christmas.Pity Pienaar wasn't available for the Liverpool game.

As I have said before things are going too well ahead of the weekend, I would rather we were not being talked up. That big donkey Carroll will probably have a stormer at the weekend.

if he does, it will more likely be at Aintree !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

johnneycool

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on April 09, 2012, 09:00:29 PM
Ticket secured for Wembley. Toffees playing well and players are fighting for their jersey. Gueye looks to be nailed on now. This weekend in the smoke will either be heaven or hell. Didn't see any highlights of Liverpool over the weekend but heard Doni was flapping all over the place. With Jelavic and Cahill both great in the air, this gives me hope. What scares me is our continuous psychological meltdown when playing Liverpool, even when they are playing shite. Moyes better have them right. Roll on Saturday lunchtime....

Moyes has a few big calls to make, two from three in Jagielka, Distin and Heitenga, probably Fellaini and Gibson with Gueye, and Osman wideish and Cahill just off Jelavich.
Has to be Baines and Neville in the two fullback berths for me.

This is do dog or shite the license for both clubs as Moyes has never won a trophy and Liverpool looking to finish off on a high after a recent poor run.

SHEEDY

its feels like now or never for everton tomorrow. hopefully moyes and the team are right at it from the start and we can get one over on the 'dark side' at wembley. cant see many surprises in the team. think itll be howard neville distin heitinga baines osman fellaini gibson gueye cahill and jelavic. winning goal an OG in off gerrards big head.
nil satis nisi optimum

EC Unique

Best of luck to everton tomorrow.. Hope they add to liverpool's woefull run. :)

boojangles

Come on the Toffees. Form and everything else that has gone on lately will count for nothing tomorrow. I really really hope for David Moyes sake we pull it off. He deserves it all and more.

SHEEDY

everton team for the semi; howard neville heitinda distin baines osman gibson fellaini gueye cahill and jelavic. COYB

nil satis nisi optimum

Carmen Stateside

When asked how did he choose the Red and Blue pubs for segregation for today, a London council official said it was easy, the Everton pubs only sell bitter!  :)

Main Street

Gibson's game has certainly thrived at Everton.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/13/darron-gibson-everton

"I wouldn't say the manager has been on my case but he has certainly had a few words about how he wants me to play. The football here is a lot different than it was at Manchester United. I was shocked at how hard we worked to be honest. It took me a few games to get used to it. Manchester United have the ball most of the time, don't they? It is different here. We don't have as much of the ball; we are running around a bit more. In recent weeks when we have been getting results we have been pressing teams and working really hard to do it, which is something we didn't do much of at Manchester United. I am probably the fittest I have ever been in my career."

Does he miss United? "No, not really," comes the response.

On the managers

"They are completely different," the midfielder claims. "Moyes is a lot more hands on; he wants to do everything himself whereas the years I was at Manchester United, Sir Alex used to let the coaches do most of the work. He did the team talks and the tactics but, on the training ground, it was the coaches who did the work. Their team talks are completely different too, although I can't explain why. Probably the only similarity is that they are both Scottish and sound the same."

SHEEDY

gutted. better team won. mistake from distin was big turning point. same old story for everton. seem to have a mental block when it comes to beating our neighbours.
nil satis nisi optimum

AZOffaly

Hard luck Sheedy. Everton the better team until half time, Liverpool a lot more lively in the second half. Everton's supporters were class, as I knew they would.

Ye'll probably finish ahead in the league.

boojangles

Absolutely sick after that result today. Everton just never came out in the 2nd half. Liverpool never looked like scoring until Distins mistake. After that we just fell apart. Jags would probably have handled Suarez better. Very disappointed in Cahill today also. Never gave Jelavic any support in 2nd half. I don't mind being bet by a better team but Liverpool were atrocious for 70 minutes.

AZOffaly

Quote from: boojangles on April 15, 2012, 12:11:48 AM
Absolutely sick after that result today. Everton just never came out in the 2nd half. Liverpool never looked like scoring until Distins mistake. After that we just fell apart. Jags would probably have handled Suarez better. Very disappointed in Cahill today also. Never gave Jelavic any support in 2nd half. I don't mind being bet by a better team but Liverpool were atrocious for 70 minutes.

I thought Liverpool were good for most of the second half. And never looked like scoring? According to EC Carroll had the miss of the century just after half time. In fact Everton never really looked like scoring until Jamie Carragher decided to play Leinster Junior League Division 5.

It was a pretty even game overall though, and Everton will be sick alright. I was disappointed (well, disappointed is the wrong word) at Cahill too. He normally gives Liverpool fits.

beer baron

Will you be able to keep Fellaini is the big question?Didn't see the 2nd half but 1st half he was the boss and any time i see him play the past 2 seasons he's been the same

SHEEDY

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 15, 2012, 11:13:42 AM
Quote from: boojangles on April 15, 2012, 12:11:48 AM

I thought Liverpool were good for most of the second half. And never looked like scoring? According to EC Carroll had the miss of the century just after half time. In fact Everton never really looked like scoring until Jamie Carragher decided to play Leinster Junior League Division 5.

It was a pretty even game overall though, and Everton will be sick alright. I was disappointed (well, disappointed is the wrong word) at Cahill too. He normally gives Liverpool fits.
think cahills time is up. he's no longer the player he was.he's been a brilliant servant to everton but he doesnt offer the same goal threat anymore and isnt able to influence the game like he once did.
nil satis nisi optimum