Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronco

The officials weren't undermined, their incorrect decision was rectified. That's what the appeal process is there for. As for your brown envelope accusation, that sort of unfounded libellous post is legally actionable and I would hope the moderators would remove it and/or you if you don't retract it.

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on September 16, 2020, 06:11:11 PM
Quote from: bannside on September 16, 2020, 10:40:07 AM
Big boost for Cargin. Mick and Marty both cleared to play in Sundays final.
Surprise Surprise. Must be a few brown envelopes going about.
I wonder how the officials feel now having been undermined by the county..

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Bronco on September 16, 2020, 07:42:51 PM
The officials weren't undermined, their incorrect decision was rectified. That's what the appeal process is there for. As for your brown envelope accusation, that sort of unfounded libellous post is legally actionable and I would hope the moderators would remove it and/or you if you don't retract it.

You're some craic bronco  ;D

Bronco

Am I to assume you will not be retracting your statement?

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on September 16, 2020, 07:45:11 PM
Quote from: Bronco on September 16, 2020, 07:42:51 PM

You're some craic bronco  ;D

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 16, 2020, 02:00:16 PM
Quote from: whatwillbwillb on September 16, 2020, 01:44:48 PM
Previous CCC's have stood referees down for " Mis-representing" in reports or blatantly telling fibs but this CCC or this Refs committee no chance, toothless tigers. No time has been put into referees or real recruitment apart from the usual, get one or your play away from home etc etc.. The players in question have all been there before and walked, its the usual story so why sound so shocked, and remember we all (Club Delegates) put them in at the top, so you reap what you sow.. If it had of been an O'Ds or Eire Og, Shane oneills etc you wouldn't have stood a pups chance.... The standard of officials at present is poor bar a few to say the least and whats in there have had no time or structure put into them to do the right thing always no matter who or what. Spoke with a national ref from Antrim recently at a match who is refereeing in Derry because he wasn't asked to stay on after he retired from national panel, but can referee in county finals elsewhere? Why? Its the Gaa, the story will never change.

We've also referee's that ref in other counties, One ref the Tyrone county final last week, another the Down semi final, and we have plenty ref's from Dpown and Derry refereeing in Antrim.

No time? I remember when I started you had the two or three day event in Dunsilly hotel, really good prep and training with various intercounty referees on board. no fitness test given and that was you.

It has evolved since, one year there was a health check on all referees, though they havent done it again as we lost a few after that with medical issues lol

Currently we follow the same protocol as all the other Ulster counties do, every Jan we have the in house day, includes going over rules new rules videos and reviewing what the county expects, talks from CCC and the main part of the night is done by two intercounty referees that are on the assessment panels also..

We have a beep test, thats a must pass, and you cant referee championship without passing it...

You have a rules test, again you must get 85% correct minimum, and the referee committee also email the referees questions on the rules throughout the year.

And you have the Assessors,  granted we could maybe do with more of this but struggling to get referees never mind an assessor, but they are being done, I'd 2 last year

I can't see what more you'd like them to do, but I'm interested in how you can improve whats being done already, anything extra would be of great help

So do all refs pass the beep test ?
Would it be level 7 or 8, they have to get to ?
If they dont get that level are they dropped from championship games ?
We had a ref, in IFC, who had no chance of making that level   his performance was terrible .Yet young fit and active refs were running the line at SFC matches.  Unfair on everyone involved

Milltown Row2

As I said in an earlier post the fitness test this year,  most people wouldn't have had it done due to COVID.

This was always stated every year, You must pass both fitness and rules test,  there's a level you've to get to, beep tests vary, it's run by various qualified coaching staff in Antrim, independent from the refereeing committee, I'm very fit run most day, gym most days, you'd need to be at a good enough level of fitness to get it.

At inter county it's a few steps above that as well.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ciaran1988

I seen a ref in the junior hurling championship semi finals and no harm to that man but he certainly isn't padding any bleep test. It's a Hard gig and fair play to anyone who does it

breakingball

Maybe thats why he was refereeing a junior game and not senior?

Quote from: ciaran1988 on September 17, 2020, 07:07:59 AM
I seen a ref in the junior hurling championship semi finals and no harm to that man but he certainly isn't padding any bleep test. It's a Hard gig and fair play to anyone who does it

Milltown Row2

Before posting this, you did read my post, I've like put it up about this year being different. Or did you just think f**k it, I'll put it up anyways?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Calm Down

Jesus lads comment on performance surely but do not be attacking any man about his personal appearance or fitness, I have a fair idea of who you are on about here and if you look through the County website and the SG you will see he is doing a huge amount of games in men's football, hurling and ladies football................giving people an outlet in these difficult times when you are sitting at home on your backside making cheap digs at him

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Calm Down on September 17, 2020, 08:55:38 AM

Jesus lads comment on performance surely but do not be attacking any man about his personal appearance or fitness, I have a fair idea of who you are on about here and if you look through the County website and the SG you will see he is doing a huge amount of games in men's football, hurling and ladies football................giving people an outlet in these difficult times when you are sitting at home on your backside making cheap digs at him

Agree totally with this.

Pretty easy for folk to sit behind a username and keyboard and then slate the ref and their performance but having a go at their appearance is just pathetic.

Again to echo the above im sure i know who they are on about and hes one of the hardest working refs in the county. He referees all 3 codes and whilst sometime i dont agree with his calls when im on the sideline he always does it fair and right. Like all our other refs hes out non stop and has a young family at home as well so maybe think about the sacrifices our refs make to be there.

without these folk the games will never happen. without these folk in your own clubs you wouldnt even have a home game to play!
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

There's some absolute weapons about hi.. 

I know the ref  and if you knew what the man has went through both mentally and psychically in his life then you'd should be shaking his hand rather than coming on a forum and having a pop at the man.

Calm Down

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 17, 2020, 10:12:13 AM
There's some absolute weapons about hi.. 

I know the ref you mean and if you knew what the man has went through both mentally and psychically in his life then you'd should be shaking his hand rather than coming on a forum and having a pop at the man.

Completely agree PJ, however in Ciaran's defence I do think he was trying to make a point, albeit made in a very poor and clumsy way, he did say fair play etc to any ref.....................Let's think twice lads before we hit 'Post' and that is myself included

BrendanAntrim

Can we move off the topic of referees? I think its unfair on those who put their hand up to do it.

We have loads of potentially great games coming up this weekend, Junior semi, Senior reserve final, IFC final, minor final, senior final and other fixtures. Could be some terrific games. Weather looks to be playing along too. Thats what its about surely

delgany

Quote from: breakingball on September 17, 2020, 07:47:25 AM
Maybe thats why he was refereeing a junior game and not senior?

So players at Intermediate and junior dont put in the same effort as a senior club ? The point being made is that a ref is an integral part of the match day and needs to have a reasonable level of fitness , these days , as most clubs at senior , intermediate and junior levels are training at a much higher level than they did in the past.

Na Glinntí Glasa

are the finals on saturday been streamed live?

On another note i see the minor B semi finals are up now and we didnt make the cut. Glenravel didnt play us as they had a shut down due to a covid case with one of their ladies footballers. We got the points and a 1 point win.

We finished level on points with Creggan and Glenravel and lost out on points difference to Glenravel! lol you couldnt make that up. how can points difference be used to decide places when one team didnt play a fixture meaning we lose out on potential points difference?

Granted we might not of beaten them in the first place but points difference is now irrelevant in this case.
hurl like f**k boi!