Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

It's the same in most sports - you always hear refs in the EPL being praised for "letting the game flow". That generally means playing advantage where there is one and having a word with the aggressor without stopping the match. It's a fine balance though as they also need to ensure they aren't overly lenient. There is a reason why not many people sign up to be a ref!

playwiththewind1st

Milltown deserves it cos, by god, he never shut up when he was playing. I usually got both barrels from him! He even got uptight during his 'guest' appearances for BT.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on August 03, 2018, 04:46:27 PM
Milltown deserves it cos, by god, he never shut up when he was playing. I usually got both barrels from him! He even got uptight during his 'guest' appearances for BT.

Yes! Agreed and as a player we try to con the ref! Win frees take extra steps and move the ball forward!!

I'm hoping our lads go up! They might be in danger of going up, not sure if it's a good thing!

I might have to get back into training for the reserves!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

playwiththewind1st

Yes.  You were a well versed master of the dark arts, from what I can remember....the archetypal gurning corner forward lol. Great refereeing material!

imtommygunn

Is dunloy hammering st johns in the league while loughgiel drew with them a sign that dunloy are a good bit above the rest??

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 06, 2018, 07:25:01 PM
Is dunloy hammering st johns in the league while loughgiel drew with them a sign that dunloy are a good bit above the rest??

St Johns missing a few yesterday in fairness so wouldn't read to much into it. Our draw against cushendall is a more accurate reflection of our current state.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

tbf i was surprised at the result as St Johns have been playing very well at home this past few games so to get any result there is one worth taking.
as NAH says the draw against Cdall recently would sum where both teams are. 
hurl like f**k boi!

ciaran1988

St Johns had Ciaran Johnson, Stephen Tierney, Barry McFall and Michael Dudley all missing against Dunloy although a hammering like that right before Championship can't be good, does anyone know if these players are back for the Ballycastle game at the weekend. It's a very close balanced game between the two and can't see there being much score difference between them to see who gets into the group.

ciaran1988

Just seen betting prices for Sunday's game and have to say I'm quite shocked to see Ballycastle as suck strong favourites for the game. Ballycastle 8/13, st Johns 11/8

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ciaran1988 on August 08, 2018, 01:28:43 PM
Just seen betting prices for Sunday's game and have to say I'm quite shocked to see Ballycastle as suck strong favourites for the game. Ballycastle 8/13, st Johns 11/8

Tradition? Leagues are for playing Championships are winning? Castle at home must play a part in those prices surely?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

More likely just the bookies haven't a notion what is is going on in Antrim hurling and are guessing odds to an extent
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnnycool

Quote from: Minder on August 08, 2018, 01:53:21 PM
More likely just the bookies haven't a notion what is is going on in Antrim hurling and are guessing odds to an extent

No backdoors in the Antrim Senior championship?

Are Ballycastle harmonious this year? Is Cofi Annan managing them?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on August 08, 2018, 02:40:26 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 08, 2018, 01:53:21 PM

No backdoors in the Antrim Senior championship?

Are Ballycastle harmonious this year? Is Cofi Annan managing them?

If the Johnnies are serious this year then they could well push the big teams, forget about the game the other day as they were missing a good lot, still managed to knock over 19 points (let in 5-27) without playing well or anywhere near as well as they have of late, having 'seen' them a couple of times this year they have improved...

BUT!!!! Championship at Ballycastle will be a different affair, the Town wont suffer from fright playing against the Johnnies in their own backyard and if and that's a big if, they can get out their strongest team they won't be far away

Jesusjones

I'll be putting money on the Johnnie's at that price. St. John's are going well in the league. They drew with Loughgiel and beat ourselves. I'd say it's a long time since they had results like that. Ballycastle have been winning in Div 2 but not by big margins. Beat Armoy by 5 and Randalstown by 1 recently.

ciaran1988

Them prices are long gone now with St Johns now 10/11 and the Town at evens. Are Ballycastle missing Ciaran Clarke for championship anyone know?