NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

The Payton Conference is now also set up with the defaults from last season. Any changes will have to be agreed by majority of both conferences(I'll add a poll here if I receive proposed changes). If you were in the Payton conference last year you should receive an invitation.

If you don't get the email, or you weren't in it last year, they league i is 305948
and the password is cardinals.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/305948

Capt Pat

Quote from: Oraisteach on July 28, 2011, 04:32:02 PM
Lads, I've played in fantasy football leagues but not this one.  Can anyone direct me to a site where the rules are laid out?  Is there a place to participate in a mock draft?

You will find all of those things on the yahoosports fantasy site.

Offalylad

The Iceman

Any chance we could reduce the number of teams per conference?
If necessary add a third and go no less than 10 teams per ocnference and no more than 12.
Last year a few of the teams stopped playing (or lost interest) so maybe if more than 4 games were missed they should be dropped this year..?
I dunno - just a few suggestions.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

Quote from: Offalylad on August 01, 2011, 02:25:20 PM
Will I have to set up a Yahoo account?

Yep, although I think you might be able to sign in with a gmail or facebook account.

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Iceman on August 01, 2011, 02:30:01 PM
Any chance we could reduce the number of teams per conference?
If necessary add a third and go no less than 10 teams per ocnference and no more than 12.
Last year a few of the teams stopped playing (or lost interest) so maybe if more than 4 games were missed they should be dropped this year..?
I dunno - just a few suggestions.

I've no issue with that, but we'll have to think of a better way to determine our overall winner in any case. I don't like the predictions thing, it's an anti climax.

How about trying to seperate the teams into 3 hierarchical divisions (or conferences, based on last year?) Top 10 scores from last year go into the Montana conference, and fight for the Division 1 or A championship. 2nd 10 go into the Payton conference to play for the B Championship, and the last 10 go into the C championship (along with newbies?)

Thoughts? Would we get 30?

The Iceman

I like that idea a lot!
we might be able to get 30 - we have 23 days now so see who is genuinely interested.

Even 20 would be fine.

Top 4 move up bottom 4 move down next year...

With only ten teams in a conference it would leave more players available instead of fighting for scraps..... Could make for an interesting year and a tight competition.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Oraisteach

AZ, I received the following message when I tried to sign up:

There was a problem
There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. To join, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)

If you do intend to expand, I'd like to join.  Would be quite happy to be the Junior C team of this league.  If there's no room, no bother.

AZOffaly

Try again there. We'll see how many we get, and then decide whether to split into A, B and C. If we get 24, I like 3x 8 less than 24, I think we go 2 division.

The Iceman

Maybe start a new SuperBowl VII thread?
This could be my year!

Offalylad

So. ... is it essentially going to be two tiered with two totally separate leagues?

AZOffaly

Yep OffalyLad, or maybe even 3. Last year we had 28 teams I think. The problem we've had is getting an overall winner. Yahoo doesn't allow for seperate leagues to have 'champions' that play against each other. Therefore we were using a predictions competitions where the two winners predicted the playoff games to give us an overall champion.

I'm kind of liking the idea of splitting into two or three leagues of 8-10 each, and each league is a seperate competition, with it's own playoffs etc, just like now. Except we tier them according to previous (2010) points totals so the top 8-10 are in Division 1, 11-20 in Division 2 and 20+ newbies are in division 3.

Anyone have a major issue with that? If not, I'll put up a proposed divisional split.

One other thing, I don't think Yahoo allows non playing commisioners, so I'll have to have a team in each league, no matter how good or bad I do. Is everyone okay with that?

Lone Shark

I like the idea of a promotion/relegation structure, but it's easy for me to say that since I'd get to be in the top division. Majority rule I suppose.

AZOffaly

Based on the points accrued last year, the following is the breakdown of the divisions.

Joe Montana Conference - Playing for GAA Superbowl VII

Coolera Bears 1893.10
Ballyhaise Bills 1848.14
Smackdown Clowns 1836.28
New York Jets IV 1827.45
Shower of Tramps 1699.98
Faithful Turfmen 'B' 1666.51
L'Esprit de Biff 1652.20
mayo warriors 1651.90
Galway Bay Tribesmen 1651.29
Hegan's Helmets 1650.03

Walter Payton Conference - Playing for the Superbowl B Championship

Rehab is 4 Quitters 1642.90
Crossmaglen Hitmen 1638.06
Craigyhill Terrors 1628.61
Captain Pats Vikings 1589.18
Faithful Turfmen 1584.13
Red Hand Helmets 1552.13
O'Neill's Chargers 1534.09
Ruthless Rossies 1513.06
The Royal Badgers 1503.01
Old Jack City 1500.00

Jerry Rice Conference - Playing for Superbowl C Championship

Big Apple Orchards 1441.35
The Curragh Rams 1420.23
puppet master 1410.89
Redbolt's Mighty Oaks 1406.16
Carlow for Sam 2011 1262.98
Shrek's Ogres 1261.27
North Antrim Nuggets 1228.09
The ConVICKS 1096.90
Offaly Lad - Newbie
Faithful Turfmen C - Newbie

Of course, this assumes all the old lads come back. If not, we move everone up a slot.