NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

magpie seanie

AZOffaly

November 12th. But Waiver wire pickups will continue all the way through to the end.

declan85

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 28, 2010, 12:46:24 PM
November 12th. But Waiver wire pickups will continue all the way through to the end.

Is it just me or is that very early to stop all trades? Theres 5 "league" games left after that date then the playoffs...

AZOffaly

It's actually a week later than default. It's a device to stop dead teams trading away good players. With 5 weeks left everyone should still be interested.

magpie seanie

Deel Rover - sent you one that might interest you there.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 28, 2010, 01:05:25 PM
Deel Rover - sent you one that might interest you there.

sound seanie i'll have a look at it this evening
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Iceman

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 27, 2010, 09:34:44 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 27, 2010, 09:13:01 AM
Nope. The two winners of the divisions will be seeded 1 & 2. Seeds 3 & 4 will be the 'wildcards' with the best record, so you could have 3 & 4 from the same division. Then 1 v 4, 2 v 3.

i think next year you should just look at a straight league then Az like it was before  because you could be the winner of one of the divisions and yet be maybe 5 or 6 best overall (probably not expaining myself too well here ) plus with the divisions epecially this year its a balls for our divison as we have to play the top 2 teams in the league twice . i think i may be taking this fantasy football a little too serious  :D

Some very valid points. I think it makes a lot of sense. Trouble is in the interest of getting more people involved we open the doors then people lose interest or have a shit team because they were not sure what they were at during the draft.

I definitely think a revised approach next year would be worth considering.
The only chance I have of getting anywhere is divine Intervention and the top teams lose some of their star players to injury. Nobody is really trading and there isn't much left to pick up on Waivers at this point.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Lone Shark

Quote from: The Iceman on October 28, 2010, 03:38:53 PM
Nobody is really trading and there isn't much left to pick up on Waivers at this point.

In fairness, you're in a similar boat to myself - it's not that nobody is trading, it's that nobody is trading running backs that are likely starters. These players have huge value, to the point that last week I ended up trading a second receiver in a pass-happy team for a third down back - and while that might sound stupid, it's because I know that I'll be able to pick up a receiver on the waiver wire each week, while I won't get any RB's that are worth anything.

I'm not trying to pick a row and I appreciate what you're saying, but you were on this thread looking to offload a QB who was a 50/50 long term starter in a league with 32 starting QB's every week, and to get a starting RB in exchange? My best RB is Joseph Addai, who only hits 100 yards every 10 games but does start when fit. There's no way I'd give him up for Tom Brady or Payton Manning, never mind somebody like Vick. It's not fair to say that no-one is trading. 

Capt Pat

I might not be one to talk about bad trades after trading Tom Brady and Brand on Jacobs for Jerome Harrison and Joe Flacco, but I think it was a bad idea to trade a good receiver for an average running back. This league is all about receivers with the points for receptions and only 1 point for 20 yards.

A running back could have a big week with 160 yards and only gets 8 points. if he had a couple of fumbles it would be back down to 4 points. All a receiver needs to do to match that is 2 receptions and 40 yards. THe only running backs that are worht a lot are the ones who score touchdowns and catch the ball.

Lone Shark

That's all very well, but the point is that receivers that are projected to score 7 points or so are easy enough to find. Of course I expect Jabar Gaffney to outscore Justin Forsett, but the point is that I can't play Gaffney as a RB, while I still have two competent receivers on the bench to cover me for bye weeks and the like, and that's with three receivers starting since I have Mike Thomas as the flex player. It's just supply and demand and if you go through the league, there are probably 10-20 decent receivers being dropped every week by teams, while there are very few (if any) good RB's left unused.

Your logic would stand up if it was an option to just start any player in any position, but it isn't so that's why RB's attract a premium.

mc_grens

Miles Austin is up for grabs if anyone in Payton is interested.

As far as Waivers go... I got Marshawn Lynch and Ryan Torain off the waiver wire in the last three weeks- both are now starting RB's!

The Iceman

in fairness Lone shark I made a trade at 0-3 and it was the turning point for me. When I traded vick he was the starting QB.
Some of it was good luck on my part in that Vick and Johnson both got injured the week after the trade and I am 3-1 since that trade with a good chance to win again this weekend. Some of that luck seems to be coming full circle and Puppet Master is doing ok again - I honestly felt bad about the injuries.....

With 14 in the league, teams are so spread thin and injuries are definite that people dont want to trade. I was also caught out on the Draft being blocked here in work so had to rely on auto picks so my options are very limited. I've done OK but don't have the solid teams some of the other lads have (and as was mentioned we have to play them twice in our divisions).
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Lone Shark

Quote from: The Iceman on October 28, 2010, 06:50:21 PM
in fairness Lone shark I made a trade at 0-3 and it was the turning point for me. When I traded vick he was the starting QB.
Some of it was good luck on my part in that Vick and Johnson both got injured the week after the trade and I am 3-1 since that trade with a good chance to win again this weekend. Some of that luck seems to be coming full circle and Puppet Master is doing ok again - I honestly felt bad about the injuries.....

With 14 in the league, teams are so spread thin and injuries are definite that people dont want to trade. I was also caught out on the Draft being blocked here in work so had to rely on auto picks so my options are very limited. I've done OK but don't have the solid teams some of the other lads have (and as was mentioned we have to play them twice in our divisions).

I wouldn't argue with the trade you made at all - I thought it was a fair swap at the time and nobody can predict injuries. I was just putting together some of the trade requests you were suggesting on here with the idea that there's no trading to be done and there was a degree of causality there.

The Iceman

Lets break down the trade proposal put forward by Mcgrens

Miles Austin.
Top WR ranked well at the beginning of the season. Has since drifted to about #60 with hot and cold performances and poor service from Romo who is now out.....

With the depth he has at WR, Mcgrens is probably hoping for a RB. He needs a starter, of which there are few unless you pick up someone who is a kick return guy. He has Greene on the bench but LT seems to be getting more of the carries. Nobody is in a position to trade because of the 14 players in the league. Teams are so thin that nobody has starters on the bench worth talking about or of major value.......I wouldn't swop any of my starters for greene or austin right now.....

eiled in the bushes

Quote from: The Iceman on October 28, 2010, 06:50:21 PM

not half as bad as i did :(  but it was a fair trade at the time. cant believe i lost this week,thought it was in the bag. scumbags have turned of my internet at work,said it was infecting the whole system. bustards  >:(
get some metal in your life