NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

magpie seanie

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 24, 2010, 01:51:43 PM
whats the story with bombidal 0-2 he seems to have no interest in it , he seems to be happy with the 1 ring  ;)

Not judging by the major surgery he undertook today! Think he dropped and picked up quite a few.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 24, 2010, 02:45:45 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 24, 2010, 01:51:43 PM
whats the story with bombidal 0-2 he seems to have no interest in it , he seems to be happy with the 1 ring  ;)

Not judging by the major surgery he undertook today! Think he dropped and picked up quite a few.

thats more like the bombidal we know and love  ;) :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Iceman

Just as a heads up there there are three proposed trade son the table for Vick.......

Anyone struggling at QB might be interested in this. If you have 2 or 3 decent RB's then Vick is a smart choice......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Minder

Quote from: The Iceman on September 24, 2010, 03:49:18 PM
Just as a heads up there there are three proposed trade son the table for Vick.......

Anyone struggling at QB might be interested in this. If you have 2 or 3 decent RB's then Vick is a smart choice......

Are you Rehab is 4 Quitters ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Iceman

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Minder

Quote from: The Iceman on September 24, 2010, 04:24:02 PM
yes sur

Gore is the only decent player I have so I will have to politely decline your trade offer. If the Cowboys ran the ball a bit more I also may have been more interested in Marion Barber. I do need a QB though. I signed David Garrard the other day, anyone is better than Matt Cassell.

AZOffaly

Payton Conference

The Faithful Turfmen B squad face a tough task in Week 2 as they attempt to bounce back from a bad loss in the Offaly derby to L'Esprit de Biff. The Baltimore offensive struggles have really held the Turfmen back Joe Flacco (QB) and Ray Rice (RB) haven't hit the heights as of yet. Cleveland may be an antidote to that this week however. Jamaal Charle's woes in terms of Thomas Jones taking his carries means he has to break one to be really dangerous. Of course he is more than capable of it, and if the Ravens duo explode, then the likes of Greg Jennings (WR-GB) and Charles may just spark the 'B' team into life. Facing down the Turfmen this week are the formidable 2-0 Ballyhaise Bills, and unlike their real life namesakes, the Bills are going very well in second place in the South-West division. Payton Manning (QB-IND) and Visanthe Shiancoe (TE-MIN) are the backbones, but there is an all round solid squad there, including Percy Harvin, Anquan Boldin, Arien Foster, Clinton Portis and even the mercurial CJ Spiller. Spiller is being held back in Buffalo, but if he breaks through the Fred Jackson roadblock, he may just be the player they, and Ballyhaise, thought they drafted.

Next on the docket is the clash of the 1-1 puppet master and the 0-2 Carlow for Sam 2011 squad. Carlow for Sam have really struggled thus far, gaining a mere 77 points in an almost double score spanking last week, and will be hoping for a radical change in fortunes soon. Donovan McNabb (QB-WAS) can't be blamed after a 21.52 point return in Week 2, and the Vikings 'D' have also starred. It will be important for the Carlow boys that the likes of Steve Smith (WR-NYG), Jeremy Maclin (WR-PHI) , Rashard Mendehall (RB-PIT) and DeAngelo Williams (RB-CAR) start to produce, but if they do then the Carlow squad might well re-emerge as a force in the North-East division. puppet master could easily be 2-0 at this point, losing a squeaker by less than 3 points in Week 2. However, it is hard to feel real sympathy when the target to win that game was just 88 points. One man could probably carry the can for the loss however, and that is Brett Favre, as old greybeard accounted for minus 3.50 points all on his own. It didn't help that puppet master fielded with an empty WR slot either, and that has been corrected for this week. The puppet master manager should probably look at his individual defensive players though, as two of them are NA for this week.It is a shame to waste a great week, but that is what happened the puppets in week 2, as Jahvid Bests 40+ points went unrewarded. You can't rely on a Detroit Running Back, a rookie to boot, to do that every week, so Favre, Chris Johnson (RB-TEN), Cedric Benson (RB-CIN) and co will have to raise their games to give the puppets a chance. Eddie Royal of Denver and Mike Wallace of Pittsburgh carry the WR threat, so perhaps a trip to the waiver wire or trade city is in order.

The third game on the slate is the South-West clash of the 1-1 L'Esprit de Biff and the 0-2 ConVICKS. With almost 60 points between them in points scored, and a direct formline through the Faithful Turfmen 'B' team, you would have to make L'Esprit de Biff favourite. Drew Brees (QB-NO) is a fantasy stud, as are the likes of Larry Fitzgerald and Jason Witten normally. However, Larry Fitzgerald at WR is up against Nnamdi Asomugha this week, and also has to contend with Derek Anderson's accuracy issues. However Fitz is still Fitz, and he's a hard man to miss, so he'll catch his fair share. It might not be Andre Johnson territory is all. Jason Witten had other issues, namely being unable to remember his name after a hit, but he should be okay for the battle of Texas against the Houston Texans. the Texans pass defense has been poor, so it could be an opportunity for Tony Romo and the Cowboys to get their offense moving, which should help TE Witten. The ConVICKs have struggled, and really need to do something about QB. Matt Stafford (DET) is down and out for a while with a seperated shoulder, so he needs to be replaced. Reggie Wayne (WR-IND) will gather points as long as he stays healthy, while Steve Smith (CAR-WR) and Antono Gates (TE-SD) are also reliable. Running back is a problem though, as Thomas Jones (KC) is fighting for carries with Jamaal Charles and Ryan Matthews (SD) has let the twitterverse know that he has a high ankle sprain. That normally spells a week at least on the bench, as that's a troublesome injury for Running Backs, and it stops them cutting back. All that considered, it's hard to see a ConVICKS bounce back here, and moves may be necessary, at least at QB.

The pivot game sees the 0-2 rookies of the Rehab is 4 Quitters squad face up against doughty veteran, 1-1 mayo warriors. The Quitters squad hada good week from Michael Vick in Week 2, but unfortunately left an even better week in Matt Schaub (QB-KC) sitting sadly on the bench. Schaub is reinstated for Week 3, against Dallas, and the Quitters will be hoping this roll of the dice pays off. Andre Johnson (WR-HOU) had a monster week last week, and Quitters will be hoping the Schaub-Johnson double act will fire again. The Other Johnson, Calvin, WR-DET is another serious threat at WR, and his trip to the Vikings might be a big opportunity for him. Again, as is common in this conference, RB seems to be an issue for the Quitters. Last week was Marion Barber (DAL) and Fred Taylor (NE - Running by committee). This week Mike Tolbert (SD) gets his chance as a replacement for the likely injured Ryan Matthews, and might be a good play. Either way, it's a safe bet that the Johnsons, Schaub and even TJ houshmanzadeh will have to be big scorers to secure a win here. The mayo warriors bounced back from an opening week loss to top the Old Jack City team 116.42 - 112.19, and will be delighted to see a 1-2-3 punch of Jay Cutler (QB-CHI), Roddy White (WR-ATL) and DeSean Jackson (WR-PHI) all pile up the points, along with Darren McFadden (RB-OAK). Cutler is going to throw all year, for good or bad, and should score v Green Bay. White will have a tougher secondary this week in the Saints, but not a frightening one, while Jackson should be okay against Jacksonville. McFadden will be hopeful against a Cardinals D that has yet to stop anybody, but if they do the likes of Ahmad Bradshaw (RB-NYG) and Chad Ochocinco (WR-CIN) will have to show something.

On now to the North-East 3rd versus 4th clash as the 1-1 pair of Old Jack City and North Antrim Nuggets get up close and personal. Old Jack City was on the receiving end of that result for the mayo warriors in round 2, and will be hoping to get back to winning ways. Tom Brady (QB-NE) was uncharacteristically quiet last week, but against a very good Jets defense. You can almost chalk down 15 points + this week against the hapless Bills, especially in Roxboro. Miles Austin (WR-DAL) has been a beast thus far, and should be again against Houston, while Wes Welker (WR-NE) should be the target for a lot of Brady's throws in New England. Yet again, running backs are an issue. Shonn Green (NYJ) and Jerome Harrison (CLE) have fallen way below expectations so far, but they both have undoubted potential. If they fail to spark, then there will be serious pressure on the likes of Derek Mason (WR-BAL) and Zach Miller (TE-OAK) to show much more than they have done to date. The Nuggets, on the other hand, rebounded in week 2, with a strong showing of 136 points to see off the Red Hand Helmets. This win came despite a horror show from KC quarterback Matt Cassel, as Mike Sims-Walker (WR-JAC) and Frank Gore (RB-SF) especially, carried a huge load. Brandon Marshall (WR-MIA) and Mercedes Lewis (TE-JAC) are two potential match winners as well, but Jonathan Stewart (RB-CAR) and Chester Taylor (RB-CHI) are suffering in the shadow of DeAngelo Williams and Matt Forte respectively. This matchup features two of the better team defenses as well, as the Nuggets Steelers D faces off against the Old Jack City's Bengals, however it might be the triple threat of Brady, Welker and Austin that swing it the way of the Old JAck City squad.

Next to last on the schedule is the suprise leading 2-0 Shrek's Ogres putting their unbeaten start on the line against the 0-2 Red Hand Helmets in a North-East division matchup. The Ogres squeaked past the puppet master in week 2, registering only 88.03 points, while the Helmets scored 104 points in defeat. The Ogres will suffer with Reggie Bush's broken leg, but Aaron Rogers (QB-GB), Donald Driver (WR-GB) and Dallas Clark (TE-IND) will be asked to carry the load. Nate Washington(WR-TEN), Brandon Jacob (RB-NYG) and Devin Aromashodu (WR-CHI) have not given much yet (apart from JAcobs throwing his helmet into the crowd) and will need to give some support or Bush's injury may prove catastrophic. On the Helmets sidelines, the manager will be looking at the likes of Adrian Peterson (RB-MIN) and Pierre Thomas (RB-NO) to continue their momentum gained last week, and will look to the likes of Vernon Davis (TE-SF) and Eli Manning (QB-NYG) to provide solid support. Wide Receiver is a bit of a weakness on this team, with Steelers Wideout Hines Ward being the most dangerous, and he is a bit long in the tooth at this stage. Steve Breaston (ARI) is having a good start to the season, but also might suffer from the Derek Anderson factor, while Braylon Edwards (NYJ) seems to be on a one man mission to get kicked out of the NFL.

Finally (phew, I need a voice recognition software pack) we come to the story of the year so far as rookie Coolera Bears put their 2-0 record and 142 point average on the line against the 1-1 Crossmaglen Hitmen. The Bears have been a breath of fresh air so far as Philip River (QB-SD), Randy Moss (WR-NE), Marr Forte (RB-CHI) and Austin Collie (WR-IND) have lead a supporting cast including Steven JAckson (RB-STL) to a very quick start. There may be a couple of flies gathering around the ointment though. Can Rivers really keep throwing all over the field when Vincent Jackson is sitting out, especially now that Ryan Matthews is out of action? Will Randy Moss start sulking in New England? And can Matt Forte really keep up this pace? Even if the answer to some of those questions are negative, you would suspect that the Bears have enough to keep competitive every week, in a fine debut season. This week they'll see a Fantasy old timer in the Hitmen. Tony Romo (QB-DAL) and Maurice Jones Drew (RB-JAC) are the big names here, and both have been below par to average so far. Romo is up against the Texans on Sunday, and Drew takes on a Philly D that got slaughtered by Jahvid BEst last week. Could this be the week where you see 20 points + from each of them? If so, then LeSean McCoy (RB-PHI), Kevin Walter (WR-HOU) and co may just earn enough to eek out a win, but I think my money will still be on the upstart Sligo team.

the Deel Rover

great stuff Az . Especially like the Doughty part  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Iceman

good work lad

you should seriously consider submitting a write up to UTV or the Belfast Telegraph. A mate of mine started writing about the UFC fights (no reporting background) and now is writing about every event for UTV. Not a whole pile of money but they help with expenses etc when there is a show in town....press pass for interviews etc....worth considering. If you want I could put you in touch with him for his contacts....

Capt Pat

Boldin is carrying my team this week. 35 points and the rest could have stayed at home.

The Iceman

Another solid performance from Vick this week lads - 28 points and he is sitting on my bench.....

He's a cert now to be the starter this year at Philadelphia.

I'm willing to trade Vick or even Schaub at this point for a decent RB.....or combination...

Open to offers in the Peyton Conference - Rehab is 4 Quitters

mc_grens

Julius Peppers- I love you for that blocked Field Goal!

Minder

Quote from: mc_grens on September 28, 2010, 06:32:58 AM

f**k Peppers. Beaten by 0.44 pts.

mc_grens

Quote from: Minder on September 28, 2010, 07:16:31 AM
Quote from: mc_grens on September 28, 2010, 06:32:58 AM

f**k Peppers. Beaten by 0.44 pts.

Ahhh Minder, don't be like that... It's all part of the fun!
;D

declan85

My fantasy team is going down hill fast after a good win in week one but at least the bears are giving me a reason to be happy :)