NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

andoireabu

Lads I'll probably stay out of these votes incase I affect something in a negative way without realising.  As I'm new to this theres little point in me voting anyway because I'm not totally sure what ye are all on about anyway!! :D
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

AZOffaly

A bit of a gap opening up at 9-5 at the moment in favour of change. If I got 2 more votes and the gap remained at 4 or more, I'd probably call it passed.

turk

Hi AZ and lads.

I'm not online enough to follow all these polls. My main issue with deviating from yahoo standard scoring is that if you're not online the day of the draft then the team you get is picked on the basis of yahoo standard scoring and not any system we pick. Yes, i know all the players can be reranked. Ok I would vote for a w/r/t position

AZOffaly

OK, It's 12-6 now. 18/30 is a decent quorum, so I'm calling this 'passed'.

I'm proposing that this be the final change, so unless you have anything you really want to get in, that's it.

mc_grens

Yeah AZ I'd agree, that's gonna make it a pretty deep draft as it is.

AZOffaly

I have made one small change on all leagues as well. I've added a Roster Spot for IR. (Injury Reserve). Basically if on of your players is on IR, or goes on IR, you can put him in here so you don't take up a roster spot, but you don't have to get rid of him.

Generally speaking IR means you're gone anyway, but occasionally lads come off IR after the season starts.

GalwayBayBoy

AZOffaly

That was my next question to ye :) Remember I have to do 3 drafts. Now with 10 teams it should be shorter than last year.

Our options are either Weekday (nights) Irish time, but that discommodes the American based lads who work, or else Weekends.

Given that there are 3 weekends between now and the launch of the season on 8th Sept, we have to get our house in order.

On the basis of my own availability (selfish I know), I would prefer three drafts on the following times.

This weekend - Sunday Evening (after the Football Semi Finals)

Next Weekend - Sunday Evening (after the Football Semi Finals)

Saturday 3rd September Evening OR Sunday 4th September Evening (after the hurling finals).

In fact, if it is Sunday evening, then the later the better. I'm talking Sunday game time. What do ye think?

mc_grens

Minder

Yeah any weekend is better, i have never been able to make any of the previous weekday drafts.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Oraisteach

Anything EXCEPT this weekend.  Given a choice, I'd go Sunday, Sept. 4. But, of course, I'm merely a newly formed Junior team yearning for the intoxicating heights of Intermediate status.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Oraisteach on August 17, 2011, 03:40:56 PM
Anything EXCEPT this weekend.  Given a choice, I'd go Sunday, Sept. 4. But, of course, I'm merely a newly formed Junior team yearning for the intoxicating heights of Intermediate status.

OK. How about as follows.

Walter Payton - This Sunday 9pm Irish Time (should be over by 10-10.30)

Jerry Rice - Sunday 28th 9pm.

Joe Montana Superbowl - Sunday September 4th 9.00 pm.

The Iceman

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

declan85

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 17, 2011, 01:08:40 PM
I have made one small change on all leagues as well. I've added a Roster Spot for IR. (Injury Reserve). Basically if on of your players is on IR, or goes on IR, you can put him in here so you don't take up a roster spot, but you don't have to get rid of him.

Generally speaking IR means you're gone anyway, but occasionally lads come off IR after the season starts.

Is this the same as an extra bench place or are there any specific rules with the IR spot?

AZOffaly

Quote from: declan85 on August 17, 2011, 04:00:32 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 17, 2011, 01:08:40 PM

Is this the same as an extra bench place or are there any specific rules with the IR spot?

You can only have people there who are on IR in real life. In the NFL IR is used for people who are injured. If you are put on IR you cannot come off it that season, so if one of your guys goes on IR he's gone. However, I think you can be on IR from a previous season, and come off it during the current season. That's the only reason you would pick up someone on IR.