20 years of the PSNI

Started by Truth hurts, November 02, 2021, 09:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: Mourne Red on February 22, 2023, 10:40:33 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on February 22, 2023, 10:26:04 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on February 22, 2023, 10:12:23 PM
Dissidents apparently - Daniel McCrossan SDLP put out a statement

Not saying he is wrong but how would he know?

He's MLA for the area and probably been talking to police etc.. Look at link I posted earlier in the thread, apparently dissidents been active in the area

Yeah. I since read that

Walter Cronc

Quote from: clarshack on February 22, 2023, 10:38:15 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 22, 2023, 10:33:42 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on February 22, 2023, 10:27:22 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 22, 2023, 10:12:44 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 22, 2023, 10:08:25 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on February 22, 2023, 10:07:14 PM
Was playing football here last night. The policeman's kids were there and witnessed it. Policeman involved has been in the media a lot recently with a very high profile case in the North.

Utter scum, hearing multiple different sources suggesting that this might not be straightforward dissidents.

Can you share what the high profile case involved OG? No bother if not

Think of the world cup final

Too cryptic big lad.

HH I'm not the sharpest at the best of times man! :-X

Think of the high profile murder here on the date of the World Cup final.

Lurgan did come to mind but jeez can't see it.

square_ball

Think it would be more to do with another high profile murder in Lurgan short time after that rather than the one mentioned.

LeoMc

Rumours of it being part of a drug fued make absolutely no sense. With Dissidents the killing of a Police man is a goal in itself.
What is the end goal for a drug gang? They don't want to bring the police down on them, they want to carry on their trade and make their money without police scrutiny.

tonto1888

Quote from: LeoMc on February 22, 2023, 11:00:34 PM
Rumours of it being part of a drug fued make absolutely no sense. With Dissidents the end goal is the killing of a Police man. What is the end goal for a drug gang? They don't want to bring the police down on them, they want to carry on their trade out of the spotlight.

Not talking about this guy but sometimes drug gangs have cops on their pay roll and will kill then if they are no longer useful/doing what the gang require.

I'd be inclined to believe this was dissidents

Armagh18

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 22, 2023, 11:02:41 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on February 22, 2023, 11:00:34 PM
Rumours of it being part of a drug fued make absolutely no sense. With Dissidents the end goal is the killing of a Police man. What is the end goal for a drug gang? They don't want to bring the police down on them, they want to carry on their trade out of the spotlight.

Not talking about this guy but sometimes drug gangs have cops on their pay roll and will kill then if they are no longer useful/doing what the gang require.

I'd be inclined to believe this was dissidents
More than likely you'd imagine. Who else would want to? Talk of dirty cops beingnbumped off by drug gangs sounds abit too tv show to me?

Nanderson

Was playing football here last night. The policeman's kids were there and witnessed it. Policeman involved has been in the media a lot recently with a very high profile case in the North.

Utter scum, hearing multiple different sources suggesting that this might not be straightforward dissidents.

Too cryptic big lad.

I never really followed the case that closely. Was the guy charged dodgy?

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: Nanderson on February 22, 2023, 11:13:58 PM

Too cryptic big lad.

I never really followed the case that closely. Was the guy charged dodgy?

Don't think anyone is implying that it is linked to that murder. Just highlighting that the officer shot was very much involved in the manhunt. Various different televised public statements, which he led.

This crap has no place in the North.

trileacman

Thoughts with the poor man's family.

I don't know who's more deluded, the arseholes who think assassinating a cop pursues some political agenda or the clowns on here who's first reaction is "oh this suit the DUP, it must have been MI5. Ussuns wouldn't do something like this so it had to be themmums"
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Armagh18

Quote from: trileacman on February 22, 2023, 11:28:59 PM
Thoughts with the poor man's family.

I don't know who's more deluded, the arseholes who think assassinating a cop pursues some political agenda or the clowns on here who's first reaction is "oh this suit the DUP, it must have been MI5. Ussuns wouldn't do something like this so it had to be themmums"
Realistically there are no dissidents around now and any that are a full of moles, thats pretty common knowledge. Hardly that much of a stretch.

Gold

Quote from: Mourne Red on February 22, 2023, 09:16:31 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 22, 2023, 09:12:26 PM
I see rumours about a PSNI officer shot in Omagh tonight. Not sure of details yet.

Edit:up on bbcni now. Off duty apparently.

Yep not rumours - Apparently shout outside sports complex. If it's anything paramilitary related they really are f**king clowns

Wankers

f**king senseless
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Eamonnca1

Tele says he's critical but stable.

Eire90

apparently he was involved  in a big drug bust maybe drug addicts or drug dealers involved

Eire90

According to sky news he was coaching a youth Gaelic football team