Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TyroneClubs

Quote from: Under Lights on May 22, 2023, 09:07:59 PM
Whats your thoughts on axing Gallen from the panel for playing football? I've never been a fan of excluding players that dont make match day panels from club football, surly they would be better served getting some game time.

He was named on panel as sub keeper - after all the crying Aghyaran did about GC playing players hat shouldn't have been playing a couple of years back. Surely they should be docked the points now then for playing him during a stared game 🤔

square_ball

I agree in theory with players not getting any game time with the county to play club but it would put the whole starred system up the left.

GaelTheGael

Quote from: square_ball on May 22, 2023, 09:54:15 PM
I agree in theory with players not getting any game time with the county to play club but it would put the whole starred system up the left.
We now have a situation where Liam Rafferty and Benny Gallens exits from the panel have put the starred system up the left as Galbally and Aghyaran are playing starred teams with their full quota of players.

square_ball

That it true and that's been happening for years as well. Didn't something like that happen with Clonoe players a few years ago I think? I'm in favour of lads getting football but it would require clubs accepting that sometimes it will go in their favour and sometimes it won't.

Eugene Brannigan must have got released by Down to have been able to carry out his little act of thuggery? Not sure what the policy is in Down.

WT4E

Owen roes goin to benefit too from starred games now I hear.

NotedObserver

Quote from: WT4E on May 22, 2023, 11:02:10 PM

Gone?

Under Lights

Quote from: TyroneClubs on May 22, 2023, 09:50:36 PM
Whats your thoughts on axing Gallen from the panel for playing football? I've never been a fan of excluding players that dont make match day panels from club football, surly they would be better served getting some game time.

He was named on panel as sub keeper - after all the crying Aghyaran did about GC playing players hat shouldn't have been playing a couple of years back. Surely they should be docked the points now then for playing him during a stared game 🤔

If thats the case then players who leave the Tyrone panel after the starred fixtures are arranged shouldn't be eligible to play ie Liam Rafferty and the likes.

tyrone08

Quote from: NotedObserver on May 22, 2023, 11:56:50 PM
Quote from: WT4E on May 22, 2023, 11:02:10 PM

Gone?
I assume this is mcshane? If so what has happened him since 2021 when he started to show good form again

square_ball

I would take a guess and say that he never 100% fully recovered from that ankle injury in 2020 to push on again and to get back to the sort of form that won him an all star. I know he had a big impact off the bench in 2021 and could be argued we wouldn't have won the All Ireland without that impact.

clarshack

Quote from: Under Lights on May 23, 2023, 08:42:43 AM

If thats the case then players who leave the Tyrone panel after the starred fixtures are arranged shouldn't be eligible to play ie Liam Rafferty and the likes.

This should be the case and it's surprising that there isn't a rule to allow for this as it's not the first season this has happened in. If you play a county player (or one that has left the panel) in a starred game you lose the points if you win or draw simple.

The Coddfather

Quote from: clarshack on May 23, 2023, 09:56:28 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on May 23, 2023, 08:42:43 AM

This should be the case and it's surprising that there isn't a rule to allow for this as it's not the first season this has happened in. If you play a county player (or one that has left the panel) in a starred game you lose the points if you win or draw simple.

This is not fair on players.

statto

Don't see the logic in trying to not allow players who belong to the clubs play for their clubs.  Are you really suggesting it is fair that a lad gets no football if decides to walk away from County Panel or that his club is forced to play a meaningless game?  Players will miss games through one reason or another suspension, injury etc during league games especially not uncommon to not be playing with a full deck. 

smort

Players know when they join, or are with, the county that the will miss 5 starred games

BrotherMore6592

Why is there no stand tickets available yet for Armagh game? Terrace only on ticketmaster

square_ball

I think its just season ticket holders and clubs that are getting stand tickets. Terrace only on general sale at the minute.