Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarterbackk

Quote from: restorepride on May 20, 2023, 09:55:39 PM
Tyrone are much better than their recent results. Still think they will improve when they reach the quarter finals and have excellent forwards.
Excellent forwards??? Who do we have apart from darragh and Darren

In the ast 2 games we have had 0 return from our half forward line.

Contrast that to any other top 4 team....

Quarterbackk

Quote from: CK_Redhand on May 20, 2023, 09:10:03 PM
Quote from: Tyrone11234 on May 20, 2023, 07:15:11 PM
Surely that ends Frank burns career in the red and white
Harsh. He was one of our best players in the league. A couple of bad games (ok he probably cost us the chance to win today) and he should be banished?

Can he kick a score?

BrotherMore6592

Very heartening performance I thought.

Although they came up short; Galway should be the ones looking at themselves - yes the got the result and that's all that matters but they scraped over the line.

Tyrone showed a lot of fight with 14 men for 2/3rd or more of the game.

I do think some of the subs could be blooded in better or even better, start, but we don't see what goes on in training.

We need to switch it up a wee bit for Armagh try something else

Under Lights

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: An Watcher on May 20, 2023, 10:15:13 PM
Looking at the incident on the Sunday Game it just looks like a badly timed challenge.  A guy of his experience should know better but we need to cut him some slack at the same time.  Think we can have sone complaints about gough as well.  Clothes line from galway player n then Morgan gets black carded!!

The truth is somewhere between "banishing" him and "cutting him some slack". It's more than badly timed, it's a ridiculous challenge which pretty much ended our hopes yesterday and undermined what went on to be a very good team effort in tough circumstances. I would hope the management make clear to Frank Burns that what he did was totally unacceptable and cannot be repeated. I'd have a word in the ear of Kennedy too, another who is a good player but prone to daft challenges. As a team there are lessons to be learned here.

There was a lot to admire about Tyrone yesterday. The situation at 0-7 to 0-3 against a good team and a man down looked dire yet they ended up within a score at the end. But the discipline must improve or we'll do nothing. Too easy to blame Gough as well. Yes he made a string of increasingly erratic calls but the players have to be much smarter.

sam03/05

Thought they played well yesterday - it was a big effort with 13/14 men
Could have been much tighter but for a few dubious decisions from Gough - they could have had frees and then Galway  broke and got free at the other end, which brought Galway a couple of points clear

Fuzzman

Looks to me the management want to bring in a good few of the U20 lads from last year's winning team.
I suppose they see more hunger or hard work from the younger lads.
McKenna gone, huge drop off in performance from McGeary, Sludden, McShane, ONeill and I suppose you'd say Burns too.
Harte and Mattie played quite well yesterday but it looks like we don't really play half forwards any more and Mattie spends most of the time in defence as does ONeill.
I keep asking myself are they trying to not show their hand or try out new players.
At least yesterday we showed a bit of bite, work rate and didn't concede any goals.
Canavan didn't score from play and didn't look as lively as he did v Monaghan.
Oguz found it tough going against McDaid but hopefully it's a bit more open at home to Armagh who will feel they could even top the group now having Galway in a neutral venue.

The Coddfather

Benny gallen has been given the boot from the Tyrone panel after playing 60 mins in midfield vs Derrylaughan on Friday.

NotedObserver

Quote from: The Coddfather on May 22, 2023, 09:55:29 AM
Benny gallen has been given the boot from the Tyrone panel after playing 60 mins in midfield vs Derrylaughan on Friday.

The dropouts got to have something to say about the camp surely.

square_ball

Quote from: The Coddfather on May 22, 2023, 09:55:29 AM

Did we have a back up keeper in Galway then or was it Petey Harte?

omagh_gael

Surely there was a back up keeper, I'd say they put Petey in as they didn't want to use up a sub at that stage. Especially being down to 14 and likely to need to freshen up later in 2md half.

square_ball

Oh yeah definitely would have been stupid to use up a sub for that 10 minutes but just wondering did we get someone in last minute to cover for Gallen. I had heard on Saturday morning that he played v Derrylaughan.

GlenMan

Quote from: square_ball on May 22, 2023, 10:54:05 AM
Oh yeah definitely would have been stupid to use up a sub for that 10 minutes but just wondering did we get someone in last minute to cover for Gallen. I had heard on Saturday morning that he played v Derrylaughan.

Lorcan Quinn is still in the squad. Has been injured until recently I believe

sam03/05

Lorcan Quinn was there. Makes more sense not to use up a sub and ride out the 10 mins just wasting time. Seems to be the thing to do

Under Lights

Whats your thoughts on axing Gallen from the panel for playing football? I've never been a fan of excluding players that dont make match day panels from club football, surly they would be better served getting some game time.