American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

cadhlancian

Nagy is going nowhere , the bears are done probably for the season, I'd imagine they'll just play out the season now.
I'd think Freddie Kitchens is in serious trouble in Cleveland , beat agin today by a bad Denver team. They have a soft schedule the rest of the way , I think he could be gone tomorrow or Tuesday. Probably should never have gotten that job, but that's Cleveland for you I guess. Raiders have turned it around , and are actually very good offensively , but their D is brutal....
Pats and Ravens about to start , I think the Ravens could chin them tonight...

lurganblue

Quote from: cadhlancian on November 04, 2019, 01:22:50 AM
Nagy is going nowhere , the bears are done probably for the season, I'd imagine they'll just play out the season now.
I'd think Freddie Kitchens is in serious trouble in Cleveland , beat agin today by a bad Denver team. They have a soft schedule the rest of the way , I think he could be gone tomorrow or Tuesday. Probably should never have gotten that job, but that's Cleveland for you I guess. Raiders have turned it around , and are actually very good offensively , but their D is brutal....

Good call that.

magpie seanie

That's why he should be sacked!

Minder

Khalil Mack trade not looking so ridiculous now from Raiders point of view, Jacobs the RB who has been very good and Raiders getting Chicago's first rounder in 2020 which could be top 10 the way they are going.

cadhlancian

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 05, 2019, 03:36:05 PM

The QB will get the blame first , that's typically how it is , I'm not sold on Naggy either.
I still believe the Bears should have traded for Bridgewater last week. Trubiskey isn't the answer , it's hard to know what they do now. Cam Newton probably done in Carolina and some other free agent QBs will be on the market next year .

magpie seanie

Quote from: cadhlancian on November 06, 2019, 03:26:47 AM

The QB will get the blame first , that's typically how it is , I'm not sold on Naggy either.
I still believe the Bears should have traded for Bridgewater last week. Trubiskey isn't the answer , it's hard to know what they do now. Cam Newton probably done in Carolina and some other free agent QBs will be on the market next year .

Ya. I'm just sympathetic to Trubisky because there's a lot more wrong with the offense than him. They're not or they can't run the football so defenses are keying in on Trubisky. Getting rid of Howard and drafting a RB (of equal ability) made no sense with so few picks available. An extra o-line man would have made more sense. It's frustrating because this is a good roster and it will probably start to fall apart now. Maybe next year will be sh1t or bust.....could see the Bears going after Cam Newton in free agency alright which may not be the wisest either.

Crete Boom

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 06, 2019, 11:45:01 AM

Ya. I'm just sympathetic to Trubisky because there's a lot more wrong with the offense than him. They're not or they can't run the football so defenses are keying in on Trubisky. Getting rid of Howard and drafting a RB (of equal ability) made no sense with so few picks available. An extra o-line man would have made more sense. It's frustrating because this is a good roster and it will probably start to fall apart now. Maybe next year will be sh1t or bust.....could see the Bears going after Cam Newton in free agency alright which may not be the wisest either.

I am rooting for Trubisky too Seanie as he seems like a dedicated fella and by all accounts is a great leader and works his ass off to try and get better but the problem is, as bad as the offensive unit has been this year with inconsistent o line, inconsistent wr's( apart from Robinson) and missed assignments in every game killing us, the fact is Trubisky has regressed badly this year and is heading towards Rex Grossman levels of bad or for the older more scared fans like me Cade McKnown levels of bad (if that can be even called a level!!).
He has 8 games left to really show something and even if he does light it up for the last 8 games I would still bring in real competition in the off season be it a vet ( Bridgewater/Mariota etc..) or a draft pick (Jake Fromm/Sam Elingher etc..) because he is nowhere near a franchise qb at all and getting worse!!
I am wiling to cut Nagy a little slack because apart from the Saints game we have been in every game this year and not blown out like the Trestman years and also the team is young and unfortunately these young guys like Floyd, James Daniels, Eddie Jackson, Anthony Miller and Roquan Smith have been very up and down so far so lets see how the season plays out. Nagy has tried to run the ball more in the last two games but the O line has been so inconsistent so far this year and was absolute trash in the first half against the Eagles. Plus Trubisky cannot process the pre snap and post snap reads quick enough for Nagy to run anything more than a bare bones offence at the moment. The Eagles had eight stacked in the box leaving their secondary in one on one situations the whole game daring Mitch to beat them from the pocket and he couldn't which is a huge problem!!
I do think Montgomery is a better running back than Howard and if we had tight ends that could actually block at all along with a consistent O line like last year you would see how much a better fit he is for this offence than Jordan Howard. I loved Howard but he just doesn't fit what Nagy wants to scheme.
On the tightends they have been muck all year in passing downs or blocking in the run game. Maybe Burton is banged up but if Shaheen doesn't pick up soon he will surely be a strong cut candidate in the off season and the Bears definitely need to draft a tightend at some stage next April!!

magpie seanie

Quote from: Crete Boom on November 06, 2019, 12:50:06 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 06, 2019, 11:45:01 AM

I am rooting for Trubisky too Seanie as he seems like a dedicated fella and by all accounts is a great leader and works his ass off to try and get better but the problem is, as bad as the offensive unit has been this year with inconsistent o line, inconsistent wr's( apart from Robinson) and missed assignments in every game killing us, the fact is Trubisky has regressed badly this year and is heading towards Rex Grossman levels of bad or for the older more scared fans like me Cade McKnown levels of bad (if that can be even called a level!!).
He has 8 games left to really show something and even if he does light it up for the last 8 games I would still bring in real competition in the off season be it a vet ( Bridgewater/Mariota etc..) or a draft pick (Jake Fromm/Sam Elingher etc..) because he is nowhere near a franchise qb at all and getting worse!!
I am wiling to cut Nagy a little slack because apart from the Saints game we have been in every game this year and not blown out like the Trestman years and also the team is young and unfortunately these young guys like Floyd, James Daniels, Eddie Jackson, Anthony Miller and Roquan Smith have been very up and down so far so lets see how the season plays out. Nagy has tried to run the ball more in the last two games but the O line has been so inconsistent so far this year and was absolute trash in the first half against the Eagles. Plus Trubisky cannot process the pre snap and post snap reads quick enough for Nagy to run anything more than a bare bones offence at the moment. The Eagles had eight stacked in the box leaving their secondary in one on one situations the whole game daring Mitch to beat them from the pocket and he couldn't which is a huge problem!!
I do think Montgomery is a better running back than Howard and if we had tight ends that could actually block at all along with a consistent O line like last year you would see how much a better fit he is for this offence than Jordan Howard. I loved Howard but he just doesn't fit what Nagy wants to scheme.
On the tightends they have been muck all year in passing downs or blocking in the run game. Maybe Burton is banged up but if Shaheen doesn't pick up soon he will surely be a strong cut candidate in the off season and the Bears definitely need to draft a tightend at some stage next April!!

Ya, all true. If the o-line had stayed as consistent as last year I'm sure we wouldn't be having this conversation. I think a lot of the offense is based on that and without the protection Trubisky can't cope.

Losing Akiem Hicks has hurt the defense too.

Gmac

Big nfc west game tonight sf vs Seattle should be a cracker and biggest game for sf since harbaugh left
Niners by 6

Gabriel_Hurl

Myles Garrett will not be playing in the NFL again for a while. What was he thinking??

lurganblue

Mad stuff! 53 trying to do a bit of punching and head kicking too!

Capt Pat

Garrett is suspended for at least the rest of the season. Both clubs have been fined as well. He is lucky he didn't make better contact or he could be out a lot longer.

Minder

Hip fracture for Tua by the looks of it