Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

Next week's immigration bill vote looks like it could be fun. Immigration minister Jenrick resigned because, like the far-right fringe, he believes it doesn't go far enough. Cruella Suella is spreading poison all round. Moderate centrists don't like it because it probably removes them from the ECHR, putting them in company with such as Russia and Belarus. Labour are not going to bail Sunak out - why should they? It's not a problem of their making. The UK Supreme Court says that it's probably illegal anyway.

What's a PM to do? GE early in the new year?

trailer

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 03, 2023, 01:15:09 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 03, 2023, 11:11:53 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on August 03, 2023, 11:05:06 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on August 03, 2023, 08:21:30 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 02, 2023, 11:50:42 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on August 02, 2023, 11:22:56 PM
Quote from: Orior on August 02, 2023, 11:08:44 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on August 02, 2023, 10:20:42 PMFT saying the UK government are not going ahead with the import checks on goods from Europe known as the Target Operating Model. Fifth time they've postponed it.  They stalled on the CE mark earlier this week as well. It has become an absolute disaster for them, as many predicted.

What is the impact of the UK not doin import checks?
Trade from the EU keeps flowing in without the extra cost and delay of veterinary certificates and inspections, but leaves them wide open from a biosecurity perspective and at a trade disadvantage because GB exporters have to meet all the requirements moving goods the other way.  They must be laughing their heads off in Brussels. The farmers and foodies won't be happy.

They don't have a huge biosecurity problem, any more than they had when they were in the EU. But they have ensured that imports are easier than exports, and for a country with a trade deficit that is madness.
You don't have a biosecurity problem until you do.  GB has no biosecurity import control on trade from anywhere in the world, an accident waiting to happen.

I'm going to ask a stupid question, what do you mean by biosecurity problem? Genuine question...

Keeping out disease, pests etc. The wrong thing coming in could wipe out a specific crop or animal, causing mayhem to the farming industry. Should see how serious Australia and New Zealand take this stuff. They'll wash the dirt off your shoes coming in.

Obvious answer when you see it written down!
Cheers.

Foot and Mouth.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Brexit means that UK inflation is higher than in the eurozone . It just brings economic ruin closer.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

I see 62% of North(East)erners would like to rejoin the EU.
DUPUDA and Allister neanderthals most opposed to so doing of course.

Nanderson

Out of interest, if the entire UK voted again today on Brexit knowing everything that we know now would it still be a narrow leave win. I'd probably back something closer to 55-60% win for Remain

JoG2

Quote from: Nanderson on February 18, 2024, 11:10:37 AMOut of interest, if the entire UK voted again today on Brexit knowing everything that we know now would it still be a narrow leave win. I'd probably back something closer to 55-60% win for Remain

Would be a remain win, but it would get very ugly from the leave side knowing the lies everyone now knows re new trade deals, NHS etc... The fight would be against the non-whites coming into Britain, there's nothing else

seafoid

Quote from: Nanderson on February 18, 2024, 11:10:37 AMOut of interest, if the entire UK voted again today on Brexit knowing everything that we know now would it still be a narrow leave win. I'd probably back something closer to 55-60% win for Remain
There will be no second vote because both big parties are controlled by the ultra rich

http://dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-13095069/PETER-HITCHENS-General-Election-vote.html......  "Our democracy is now a closed circle, in which secret cliques select candidates like themselves, and we then vote for them, urged on by slick advertising campaigns and broadcasters who are part of the system"

blasmere

Quote from: seafoid on February 18, 2024, 04:51:50 PM
There will be no second vote because both big parties are controlled by the ultra rich

http://dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-13095069/PETER-HITCHENS-General-Election-vote.html......  "Our democracy is now a closed circle, in which secret cliques select candidates like themselves, and we then vote for them, urged on by slick advertising campaigns and broadcasters who are part of the system"

Irony of this article being in the daily heil, who are a huge part of the problem.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

seafoid

Quote from: blasmere on February 18, 2024, 05:39:46 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 18, 2024, 04:51:50 PM

Irony of this article being in the daily heil, who are a huge part of the problem.
I was thinking the same thing

bennydorano

Peter Hitchens is a ****, Christopher was a man I greatly admired, a man that deserves to be read whether you agree with him or not.

seafoid

Quote from: bennydorano on February 18, 2024, 06:47:03 PMPeter Hitchens is a ****, Christopher was a man I greatly admired, a man that deserves to be read whether you agree with him or not.
I don't really like him but he is on the ball about Brexit and this

Rossfan

imtommygunn

Just listening to Diarmuid O'Sullivan on that GAA social - he didn't feel too safe on his first few visits  ;D

Denn Forever

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 22, 2024, 05:05:00 PMJust listening to Diarmuid O'Sullivan on that GAA social - he didn't feel too safe on his first few visits  ;D
lUCKY HE WASN'T COMING UP IN THE 70s OR 80s.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...