Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Peter john on February 01, 2020, 08:58:43 AM
MR,surely there'll be teams in both codes(FB 2/3_H2/3/4)that will depend on their last yr minors to field,Sen/Res teams,and what you are basically saying as a county is,no adult football or hurling for a last year minor,in what people are talking about the age group between 19-21 is the hardest group to retain numbers,now lads at 18 will just drift away too,just my opinion

I know what you're saying but, you've got to as a club look at your numbers before planning things, it's unfair to the players also to be asked to play too many games and the fact that minors who have a whole year of playing games at their level could be stopping the development of that age group you talk about, 19-20 year olds.. there are arguments for both definitely and the smaller sized clubs that do  need those young lads will feel it the most.

We'll probably end up doing reserve and senior games this season  >:(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ardtole

I'm from a relatively small junior club, intermediate for spells too and I would doubt if our senior team have ever fielded without at least one minor player. At times id say we have fielded 3 or more.

bannside

Cahir O Kane predicts Sligo by two points in his match preview Thinks that Sligo will have the stronger bench! As if he has one notion about the Sligo bench...but I suppose that fits his pre competition prediction that Antrim will not gain promotion this year. I said before and I say it again, the man knows nothing about Antrim football. How does he get the remit to write about us. Go on 2moro lads....I want to see this particular Derry hack eat a large slice of humble pie until he learns to treat us with a bit more respect.

Antrim by 4.

bannside

Wexford 2 -10 Carlow 1 - 06 result. Our victory last week not too shabby by the look of things!

Belfast GAA man

Yes . Good luck to Lenny and the team tomorrow. If they work as hard as last Sunday they won't be far away

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 01, 2020, 08:21:23 PM
Yes . Good luck to Lenny and the team tomorrow. If they work as hard as last Sunday they won't be far away

But what if Antrim are paying for his petrol? Would you be supportive?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: bannside on February 01, 2020, 01:30:51 PM
Cahir O Kane predicts Sligo by two points in his match preview Thinks that Sligo will have the stronger bench! As if he has one notion about the Sligo bench...but I suppose that fits his pre competition prediction that Antrim will not gain promotion this year. I said before and I say it again, the man knows nothing about Antrim football. How does he get the remit to write about us. Go on 2moro lads....I want to see this particular Derry hack eat a large slice of humble pie until he learns to treat us with a bit more respect.

Antrim by 4.

Yeah why doesent a perennial Div4 team get more respect, it's a mystery
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

bannside

I'm hoping in 6 weeks you can drop the "perennial" jibe. In fact I'm confident of it! Take it you're not heading down tomorrow yourself?

shawshank

Quote from: bannside on February 01, 2020, 09:43:09 PM
I'm hoping in 6 weeks you can drop the "perennial" jibe. In fact I'm confident of it! Take it you're not heading down tomorrow yourself?

You never learn🙈

Belfast GAA man

What was performance like BS ? Seemed to be close whole wAy through...

bannside

Just in the door and sick as a dog. It was close from start to finish, a real dogfight - the type of one you hate to lose. Sligo were a bit better than I had thought, a young fast hungry team, in your face all over the pitch. Midway through the first half, when we were a point up we missed an absolute sitter for a goal. That might have settled us, but only might. Oran Eastwood scored a beauty but shaved the outside of the post for an equaliser with 2 minutes left. Small margins that Cahir must have a crystal ball to see, because their wasnt a kick of the ball between the two teams all day. Those misses usually balance themselves out but Sligo were more economical in their wastage. A very frustrating day for all concerned! It means our next two against London away and Carlow at home are must wins in order to get back in the race.

Ernesto

I'm sure you'll feel much better after a nice cup of tea and a large slice of that humble pie you'd intended for Mr O'Kane.

Milltown Row2

Did the sin bin make a difference today? I noticed we were level then 3 down during that period?

bannside

I'll have a slice of that if we dont get promoted Earnesto. Cahir predicted we wouldnt, then devalued our victory against Wexford by saying he wasnt sure we beat much. (Wexford won their next game by 7 points). Maybe Cahir can be a bit more generous of spirit towards the county that hes writing about and you'll find I will meet him halfway.

bannside

There is no doubt that was a factor MR2. It made our job much more difficult. The player himself will know that, theres no point in hanging him out here.