Favourite chocolate bars from your youth

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, July 26, 2007, 11:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

'An honorable mention also has to go to the free ones we had just nicked from Wellworths in the Square. Always nicer when you didnt pay for them. '

Ahhh, Wellworths in the Square ... the pick 'n' mix counter was an open invitation for widescale thievery by the Dalriada boys.  

Me Ma used to work in it and I remember in the Seventies after a bombing outside the cop shop (not a scratch on it, the rest of the Square was flattened) her arriving home with a van load of different ice lollies that had to be disposed off.  We had a big f***-off chest freezer in the garage them days ... kept the youngsters in the estate fed with Quenchers, Jokers, Choc Pops, Choc Ices etc for three months.  My favourite was the Dracula lolly ... bit into it and this red sauce seeped out round your lips, like you'd just sunk your fangs into the neck of some unfortunate Romanian virgin.

BTW, the website www.aquarterof(dunno if it's .com or .co.uk) still supplies a lot of those 70s/80s chocolate bars and sweets

girt_giggler

Quote from: inisceithleann on July 26, 2007, 11:43:52 AM
I used to love Club bars, i think there were orange and mint ones. The ad for them was brillant as well.

If you like
Alot of choclate
On your biscuit
Join our CLUB

or somethin like that

inisceithleann

Quote from: girt_giggler on July 26, 2007, 11:51:34 AM
Quote from: inisceithleann on July 26, 2007, 11:43:52 AM
I used to love Club bars, i think there were orange and mint ones. The ad for them was brillant as well.

If you like
Alot of choclate
On your biscuit
Join our CLUB

or somethin like that

If i remember correctly Club bars may have been featured on the sitcom The Royle Family. Glad to see such a great bar getting global recognition
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

ludermor

The mint highland toffees were fanfuckintastic!

gawa316

The Real Laoislad

5,4,3,2,1's god they were lovely

Someone mentioned the new peanut butter Kit Kat.I took one bite and nearly puked all over the van they are disgusting
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Cloc Mor

Loved the Texan bar and Spangles(I know they're not chocolate).

neutral

I used to love the cheap snickers wannabee bars ye'd get in Lidl.

qub la la la

jammy wagon wheels. atein all the chocolate off and tring 2 keep the marshmallow bit til the end.. great craic..

Goin Down

Remember This.

Fluffy Che

Aztecs and Jamaican Rum mmmmmmm.....loverly..

Big shout for the wee Walkers..
Midnight to Six..

neutral

I believe that eventually kiddy choco...late bars get replaced by favourite    ....late bars and eventually by .... ba.s