Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on January 18, 2022, 04:00:22 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 18, 2022, 03:48:42 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 18, 2022, 03:25:32 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 18, 2022, 01:17:38 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 18, 2022, 01:15:34 PM
Quote from: mouview on January 18, 2022, 11:16:42 AM
Former Real Madrid and Spanish winger Paco Gento dies. Only man to win 6 European Cup medals, a record that will hardly be exceeded.

In 60 / 70 years time, they'll be announcing the death of a former Man City player who won 7/8/9 European Cup medals

They'll have to win 1 first....
So did Crossmaglen...

Difference being we were a established club for decades and had won in excess of 20 county titles. We had an in built 'tradition'. City don't and it's hard to develop that. Show me any club in any sport that can come basically from nothing to the pinnacle and sustain it?
Chelsea did it when Abramovich put the money in. They had no glorious history. 1 league title
Money sports are different to GAA.

That one made me laugh!  ;D

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on January 21, 2022, 08:01:36 AM
Meatloaf!

I know. That shows how old we are getting!  I remember him playing the Oasis in Carrickmacross in the late '80's. His performance as Eddie in The Rocky Horror Picture Show was legendary! 

He's away to join the Bats in Hell!  RIP

johnnycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 21, 2022, 08:05:57 AM
Meatloaf!

I know. That shows how old we are getting!  I remember him playing the Oasis in Carrickmacross in the late '80's. His performance as Eddie in The Rocky Horror Picture Show was legendary! 

RIP Meat.

I too remember them touring a lot of small venues throughout Ireland back then before he got big again with Jim Steinman and BOOH2.

Prefer the original stuff myself.

Tyrdub

I seen him in the Kings Hall in 1993, great show.

We are going to the "Bat Out of Hell" musical in the Grand Opera House in August, now that's a sign of getting old!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on January 21, 2022, 08:51:16 AM

We are going to the "Bat Out of Hell" musical in the Grand Opera House in August, now that's a sign of getting old!!

That'll be a brilliant show, probably sold out, or will be in the next day or so, My mate was kicked out of that concert at the Kings Hall, got into a bit scuffle with someone who had his girl on his shoulders and he couldnt see, a short arse like me! as he was getting carried out, Bat out of Hell was playing, summed him up lol!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

naka

Meatloaf!

jeez remeber going to that concert in the oasis myself, had a few tins of southern Harp on the way

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: naka on January 21, 2022, 10:25:23 AM
Meatloaf!

jeez remeber going to that concert in the oasis myself, had a few tins of southern Harp on the way

https://www.bookdepository.com/Irishography-Ronan-Moore/9780717171217

Shamrock Shore

Saw him in The Point in early 90s as some lad had free tickets.

Was the worst gig ever. He was in bad form and effed and blinded his way on, did about 30 mins, and then effed and blinded his way off.

But he is responsible for some mighty tunes, along with Jim Steinman, so he will be a legend always.

J70

Wow!

Steinman only died last summer if I remember correctly.

Don't remember exactly when, but at one point in one of his career dips Meat Loaf was playing in Bundoran.

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2022, 09:53:17 AM
Quote from: Tyrdub on January 21, 2022, 08:51:16 AM

That'll be a brilliant show, probably sold out, or will be in the next day or so, My mate was kicked out of that concert at the Kings Hall, got into a bit scuffle with someone who had his girl on his shoulders and he couldnt see, a short arse like me! as he was getting carried out, Bat out of Hell was playing, summed him up lol!

Yah, looking forward to that night out, will be a bit poignant now.

Why does it not surprise me you and your mates getting into a scuffle

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 21, 2022, 11:10:11 AM

Was the worst gig ever. He was in bad form and effed and blinded his way on, did about 30 mins, and then effed and blinded his way off.

But he is responsible for some mighty tunes, along with Jim Steinman, so he will be a legend always.
Yes classic songs and will always be a legend.

Last seen him live in July 2008 in a tent on the beach in Bundoran, it was lashing with rain and he refused to perform claiming the tent would collapse and kill us all.

He played the following night with many including ourselves having to book a 2nd night of accommodation.

rrhf

Seen him at Ravenhill about 14 -16 years ago.  Played with the quo on before.  Was not my scene, but looking back was glad to have been there.  I was surrounded by headers and maniacs who loved the gig.  Each to their own I guess. RIP Meatloaf..

J70

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 21, 2022, 12:27:44 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 21, 2022, 11:10:11 AM

Yes classic songs and will always be a legend.

Last seen him live in July 2008 in a tent on the beach in Bundoran, it was lashing with rain and he refused to perform claiming the tent would collapse and kill us all.

He played the following night with many including ourselves having to book a 2nd night of accommodation.

Didn't realize he was back in Bundoran around 2008.

The time I was thinking of was the early 90s, before the Bat Out of Hell II comeback.

I guess the place must have left a mark on him. :D

J70

Quote from: rrhf on January 21, 2022, 01:14:05 PM
Seen him at Ravenhill about 14 -16 years ago.  Played with the quo on before.  Was not my scene, but looking back was glad to have been there.  I was surrounded by headers and maniacs who loved the gig.  Each to their own I guess. RIP Meatloaf..

Meat Loaf and Status Quo?

Perhaps not the deepest, most artistic stuff, but for a live gig that sounds like it would have been fun.