The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on April 18, 2017, 05:27:29 PM
Trump is quite clearly more dangerous than Kim Jong Un.

Since World War II the US has a proven record of starting wars, invading countries, launching coups and fomenting unrest around the world.

North Korea, not so much.

Also, only one country has used nuclear weapons.

Some people think Kim Jong Un might be unstable and attack another country, based on precious little evidence.

A lot less evidence than we have that Trump is unstable and will attack another country.

One country that's used it though it was an allied force I believe, plenty have the bomb though so for me any country is capable of using it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on April 18, 2017, 05:36:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 18, 2017, 04:44:23 PM
So we are in agreement that the US isn't even close to the top ten of nations/dictatorships/movements that amassed millions of deaths?
Who are the top 10?

I'd say the Romans must be up there! Egyptians be close then various Russian empire Tsars, then Mao, Japan must have done some damage also back in the day... then your invading Europeans and numerous wars throughout Europe before the Americans even became an armed country!!  It's fair to say there are not too many countries which haven't had a bit of blood letting...

To put all the ills of the world at americas door seems a bit daft
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Arthur_Friend

So we are in agreement that the US isn't even close to the top ten of nations/dictatorships/movements that amassed millions of deaths?

You can really only start counting since 1776 but the figures aren't good.

Genocide of Native Americans - quite an opening act for the land of the free.

Also, when you take into account ww2 Atomic weapons war crimes, proxies in Central and South America, Vietnam, Cambodia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya and on and on I'd say the US makes the top ten no problem.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on April 18, 2017, 08:09:59 PM

Also, when you take into account ww2 Atomic weapons war crimes, proxies in Central and South America, Vietnam, Cambodia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya and on and on I'd say the US makes the top ten no problem.

Was it an allied war or did you just watch the American war movies??

Milltown Row2

Why start with the Americans?? Genocide was a European and Asian thing

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 18, 2017, 09:32:13 PM

Why start with the Americans?? Genocide was a European and Asian thing

You asked if they make the top ten. I say they are in with a good shout.

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on April 18, 2017, 03:17:26 PM

Jasus but the Yanks certainly removed all you critical faculties especially that great Irish trait of seeing through bullshit.

Oh really? And how useful was that trait during the bank bailout?
Then sit on your hands and do nothing about the bullshit you see. Par for the course on most topics.

Pat on the back all round. Well done.

The irish. So wise and clever. Great bunch of lads.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 18, 2017, 09:25:05 PM

You were asking about the US. The crimes of Britain, France etc. are well known also.

Why do you use two question marks??

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 18, 2017, 05:37:55 PM

Since World War II the US has a proven record of starting wars, invading countries, launching coups and fomenting unrest around the world.

Some people think Kim Jong Un might be unstable and attack another country, based on precious little evidence.

A lot less evidence than we have that Trump is unstable and will attack another country.

One country that's used it though it was an allied force I believe, plenty have the bomb though so for me any country is capable of using it
You seem to be a bit confused here.

The only country to use nuclear weapons in war is the USA.

Not "an allied force", the USA alone. Twice.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sid waddell on April 18, 2017, 10:27:34 PM

Are you completely daft not to think Churchill and the rest didn't know??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on April 18, 2017, 10:26:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 18, 2017, 09:25:05 PM

You were asking about the US. The crimes of Britain, France etc. are well known also.

Why do you use two question marks??

Seafoid brought in the yanks I'm saying that there was far more murderous countries/ regimes long before the yanks, but if you continue to be blinded by hatred of America then so be it, America has a lot to answer to but wise up..

Question marks ?? I could use two one or six, won't change anything ffs

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 18, 2017, 10:56:25 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on April 18, 2017, 10:27:34 PM

Are you completely daft not to think Churchill and the rest didn't know??
What anybody else knew is utterly irrelevant. The Soviets and the Brits had no hand, act or part in Hiroshima or Nagasaki. The US alone developed the bombs and used them as weapons and by the time the Brits and the Soviets were even informed of the bombs' existence, Truman had already made the decision that they would be dropped.

Milltown Row2

Milltown Row2

Bazil Douglas

What anybody else knew is utterly irrelevant. The Soviets and the Brits had no hand, act or part in Hiroshima or Nagasaki. The US alone developed the bombs and used them as weapons and by the time the Brits and the Soviets were even informed of the bombs' existence, Truman had already made the decision that they would be dropped.
[/quote]

The two atomic bombs released on Hiroshima, and Nagasaki, were the result of an experiment called the Manhattan project, America,Britain,and Canada being the three countries involved, I believe.
Scientists from all three countries were on board a plane observing the results of their invention.