PPI

Started by Gaffer, December 05, 2015, 01:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Just wondering...

Anyone here try to see had they a claim on PPI?

Heard about a local girl getting 7 grand when she went looking a claim. She tried her luck and wasn't expecting anything. Think she had been paying some sort of insurance on her monthly credit card bill when it wasn't required.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Denn Forever

I think I've seen ads were companies will look into it for you. I assume if  you win, they get  their leagal fees.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Throw ball

If you google PPI reclaims Martin Lewis or Which magazines have template letters to send. Try this first before giving any of the reclaim companies a quarter of what you are due. Can be worth a try.

bennydorano

Funny, a work colleague was going on about this a while back, got a letter out of the blue from his bank (Co-operative i think), saying they'd miscalculated his loan early repayment fee & he got 1k. Nice, especially  as no legal fees.

redcard

Quote from: Throw ball on December 05, 2015, 04:22:41 PM
If you google PPI reclaims Martin Lewis or Which magazines have template letters to send. Try this first before giving any of the reclaim companies a quarter of what you are due. Can be worth a try.

A long term project where you apply to the banks, they rule you out, then you go to financial ombudsman, they rule informally in your favour, the banks stretch it out with lesser offers, more evidence, more time asked for. The ombudsman string along with this (as they have thousands to deal with) and may eventually refer it formally to the ombudsman decision makers. I think it's a tactic by the banks to slow the whole process so they can stretch their liabilities over a longer period. Only thing is if it's ruled in your favour years later it's expected the banks give you an interest rate for all the Tim you have been waiting