Why are Posters obsessed about Dublin GAA??

Started by kerryforsam2018, September 12, 2018, 04:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the most obsessed about Dublin GAA

Dinny Breen
5 (17.9%)
Syfin
11 (39.3%)
From the Bunker
5 (17.9%)
Pricey Reilly
6 (21.4%)
RossFan
4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: September 12, 2019, 04:00:01 PM

dublin7

Quote from: JoG2 on September 13, 2018, 11:58:25 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on September 13, 2018, 11:49:20 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 13, 2018, 11:19:49 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on September 13, 2018, 07:53:19 AM
Because they are winning.

People always sneered and hated the Dubs, its just gone up a notch now since the winning.

I enjoy it and prefer not to be liked. Makes winning and wiping the floor with teams all that sweater.

Dublin increasingly sneering and belittling Mayo. Explain.

Sorry but this forum should be retitled the Dublin bashing thread given the amount of posts dedicated to criticizing the team, players and the funding the county board receive from Croke Park. The sheer hatred from some posters to everything Dublin GAA is sad really.

I'm sorry but you're just plain wrong here. There's very little team / player bashing. In most cases, posters qualify their posts with 'I'm not blaming Dublin here btw...'. And the 2nd bit in bold is just ridiculous tbh

I'm not not blaming you for your opinion, but I have to disagree.  The Money, Dublin & the gaa thread is nearly 100 pages at them moment and you can be certain it will go over 100 pages. Most of thes post posts vary from criticising dublin's funding, claims of professional players, sponsored cars to meals being delivered to players homes/workplace I could go on.

If people spent more time coming up with a plan for improving GAA participation/training/coaching in their own county/club and less time obsessing and researching how much money the dubs get, how it's spent etc it would be far more beneficial.

Why are nearly all the Dublin forwards for example two footed, but Mayo's forwards for example are not?

Why haven't Mayo brought through a top class forward in the last 15 years with all the clubs they have and underage success at minor and U21?

Derry are in division 4 of the league next year and at an all time low. What is the GAA participation rate in Derry city for GAA and what can be done to improve it?

Typical Irish attitude to knock/criticise those at the top rather try to improve your own standards

general_lee

Therein lies the problem. Why is it ok to throw money at Dublin but not Derry or Belfast?

priceyreilly

Quote from: dublin7 on September 13, 2018, 02:04:05 PM

I'm not not blaming you for your opinion, but I have to disagree.  The Money, Dublin & the gaa thread is nearly 100 pages at them moment and you can be certain it will go over 100 pages. Most of thes post posts vary from criticising dublin's funding, claims of professional players, sponsored cars to meals being delivered to players homes/workplace I could go on.

If people spent more time coming up with a plan for improving GAA participation/training/coaching in their own county/club and less time obsessing and researching how much money the dubs get, how it's spent etc it would be far more beneficial.

Why are nearly all the Dublin forwards for example two footed, but Mayo's forwards for example are not?

Why haven't Mayo brought through a top class forward in the last 15 years with all the clubs they have and underage success at minor and U21?

Derry are in division 4 of the league next year and at an all time low. What is the GAA participation rate in Derry city for GAA and what can be done to improve it?

Typical Irish attitude to knock/criticise those at the top rather try to improve your own standards

The issue with money and Dublin is serious, very serious. We're meant to be an amateur sport, once county going professional is wrong. This needs to be faced up to.

How do you think other counties will improve their standards? How do you think all the Dublin forwards became two footed? It all goes back to finance. With the millions of euro they received, Dublin have set up a system where elite players are first identified, coached and developed to the highest standards. Their elite player pathway is designed to have a huge number of athletic, strong, fast, skillful players leaving the system and joining the senior ranks. It's basically a copy of the Leinster rugby system. That's a professional system and so is Dublin's.

So instead of criticising other counties, why aren't Dubs saying, let's spread the money out? We've got enough of it. Why are no Dubs standing up and saying, enough is enough, this can't continue. Let's have some fair play in our association?

dublin7

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 13, 2018, 03:01:48 PM

The issue with money and Dublin is serious, very serious. We're meant to be an amateur sport, once county going professional is wrong. This needs to be faced up to.

How do you think other counties will improve their standards? How do you think all the Dublin forwards became two footed? It all goes back to finance. With the millions of euro they received, Dublin have set up a system where elite players are first identified, coached and developed to the highest standards. Their elite player pathway is designed to have a huge number of athletic, strong, fast, skillful players leaving the system and joining the senior ranks. It's basically a copy of the Leinster rugby system. That's a professional system and so is Dublin's.

So instead of criticising other counties, why aren't Dubs saying, let's spread the money out? We've got enough of it. Why are no Dubs standing up and saying, enough is enough, this can't continue. Let's have some fair play in our association?

Dublin had a short term/long term plan for their funding. How many any other counties can say that? No point just throwing money at a  county and expecting them to magically improve. You only have to look at the HSE to see just throwing money into a black hole doesn't work.

If I was in charge of funding the bare minimum requirement before handing over a cent would be an outline of how the grant would be spent. I'd also have a review every few years to see if the county board are actually spending the money as they suggested and if the ir plans are working

Ball Hopper

Quote from: dublin7 on September 13, 2018, 03:51:22 PM
Quote from: priceyreilly on September 13, 2018, 03:01:48 PM

Dublin had a short term/long term plan for their funding. How many any other counties can say that? No point just throwing money at a  county and expecting them to magically improve. You only have to look at the HSE to see just throwing money into a black hole doesn't work.

If I was in charge of funding the bare minimum requirement before handing over a cent would be an outline of how the grant would be spent. I'd also have a review every few years to see if the county board are actually spending the money as they suggested and if the ir plans are working

You might be on to something here...put the Dublin County Board in charge of the HSE!!!

GalwayBayBoy

People always sneered and hated the Dubs, its just gone up a notch now since the winning.

I enjoy it and prefer not to be liked. Makes winning and wiping the floor with teams all that sweater.

Sorry but this forum should be retitled the Dublin bashing thread given the amount of posts dedicated to criticizing the team, players and the funding the county board receive from Croke Park. The sheer hatred from some posters to everything Dublin GAA is sad really.

I'm sorry but you're just plain wrong here. There's very little team / player bashing. In most cases, posters qualify their posts with 'I'm not blaming Dublin here btw...'. And the 2nd bit in bold is just ridiculous tbh

What underage success? Mayo have won one minor AI in the past 25 odd years and two U-21 AI's in the past 13 years. There are maybe 5 or 6 counties who have won more at underage during that time.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 13, 2018, 04:21:30 PM

What underage success? Mayo have won one minor AI in the past 25 odd years and two U-21 AI's in the past 13 years. There are maybe 5 or 6 counties who have won more at underage during that time.

Shhh don't let facts get in the way of a good argument.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

sid waddell

Quote from: Syferus on September 13, 2018, 01:51:03 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2018, 09:21:15 PM
Kilkenny used 55 different players in winning All-Ireland hurling finals from 2000 to 2015.

I'd like somebody to tell me how that wasn't a conveyor belt, whether Kilkenny are dominant now, and what state hurling is in now.

People are arguing that Dublin's dominance is unprecedented. It would be unprecedented only for the fact that there is copious precedent there.

They used 55 players over the course of fifteen fĂșcking years? Your point is?
What's anybody else's point regarding the amount of players Dublin have used in finals?

priceyreilly

So you don't think the money should be spread? Keep it all for Dublin GAA?

The GAA, Dublin county board and the government of the day (Bertie Ahern) made the plan. There was numerous highly paid people put in place to ensure the plan came to fruition. This is a major scandal, it needs to be investigated fully. It could be argued that this whole episode has seen Dublin GAA bring our games into disrepute.

Dublin GAA were granted major funding by disgraced former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern with the backing of the GAA. Most of this money comes from public funds. It was granted under the pretence of developing Gaelic Games participation in Dublin. What has happened is that Dublin GAA have set up a professional system of developing elite talent along with providing most clubs with paid full time coaches, some with more than 1.
How many new clubs have been formed in Dublin since 2005? What new areas have Dublin GAA being able to increase it's playing numbers? Where is the data on it's fight against sports such as rugby and soccer? We have seen and an investigation will show that the money has developed elite level athletes at all grades and levels. Underage hurling and football, club hurling and football, senior hurling and football in both mens and womens versions of our games.
The money has been used to create a professional set up. The Gaelic Athletic Association is an amatuer organisation. At a minimum Dublin GAA has defied the ethos of the GAA. I think it go further than that, as i said it needs to be investigated but I'm off the belief that Dublin GAA have contravened the rules of our association.

dublin7

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 13, 2018, 06:22:29 PM

The GAA, Dublin county board and the government of the day (Bertie Ahern) made the plan. There was numerous highly paid people put in place to ensure the plan came to fruition. This is a major scandal, it needs to be investigated fully. It could be argued that this whole episode has seen Dublin GAA bring our games into disrepute.

Dublin GAA were granted major funding by disgraced former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern with the backing of the GAA. Most of this money comes from public funds. It was granted under the pretence of developing Gaelic Games participation in Dublin. What has happened is that Dublin GAA have set up a professional system of developing elite talent along with providing most clubs with paid full time coaches, some with more than 1.
How many new clubs have been formed in Dublin since 2005? What new areas have Dublin GAA being able to increase it's playing numbers? Where is the data on it's fight against sports such as rugby and soccer? We have seen and an investigation will show that the money has developed elite level athletes at all grades and levels. Underage hurling and football, club hurling and football, senior hurling and football in both mens and womens versions of our games.
The money has been used to create a professional set up. The Gaelic Athletic Association is an amatuer organisation. At a minimum Dublin GAA has defied the ethos of the GAA. I think it go further than that, as i said it needs to be investigated but I'm off the belief that Dublin GAA have contravened the rules of our association.

Did I use too many words and you got tired reading and couldn't get to the end???

I made the perfect reasonable point that before a county board is given a grant they should have to show how they'd spend it.

It's what state agencies do if you apply for a grant and I think it makes sense. When you grow up and start work you'll learn things like budgeting and planning. You can't live off mammy and daddy forever. It's a big bad world out there once you leave the classroom. It must be nice to still have your innocence like you though

priceyreilly

Quote from: dublin7 on September 13, 2018, 06:45:54 PM
Did I use too many words and you got tired reading and couldn't get to the end???

I made the perfect reasonable point that before a county board is given a grant they should have to show how they'd spend it.

It's what state agencies do if you apply for a grant and I think it makes sense. When you grow up and start work you'll learn things like budgeting and planning. You can't live off mammy and daddy forever. It's a big bad world out there once you leave the classroom. It must be nice to still have your innocence like you though

Personal abuse - check
Deflection - check
The usual Dub response.  ;D

I'll have to spell it out for you. Other counties went to Croke Park with costed plans but the door was slammed shut on them. This was for money within the association. You and others can try to ignore it all you like but the majority of Dublin's windfall has been provided by public money, by ordinary citizens. This was not possible for any other county as none of them disgraced former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern on their side. He was the king of dodgy deals and this one has bought Dublin 54 titles since 2005.

dublin7

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 13, 2018, 07:04:02 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on September 13, 2018, 06:45:54 PM

Personal abuse - check
Deflection - check
The usual Dub response.  ;D

I'll have to spell it out for you. Other counties went to Croke Park with costed plans but the door was slammed shut on them. This was for money within the association. You and others can try to ignore it all you like but the majority of Dublin's windfall has been provided by public money, by ordinary citizens. This was not possible for any other county as none of them disgraced former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern on their side. He was the king of dodgy deals and this one has bought Dublin 54 titles since 2005.
So it's like Scooby doo then??? Dubs would have got away with of it wasn't for you pesky kids. Can you list the 54 titles the dubs have WON? That would make an awesome screensaver for my computer in work. If you could spread them out to fill the screen that would be great

larryin89

Is there any advantages and disproportionate funding the dubs will concede on ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

priceyreilly

Quote from: dublin7 on September 13, 2018, 07:21:23 PM
So it's like Scooby doo then??? Dubs would have got away with of it wasn't for you pesky kids. Can you list the 54 titles the dubs have WON? That would make an awesome screensaver for my computer in work. If you could spread them out to fill the screen that would be great

;D You can't even attempt to argue against the case I put forward. I know it's hard to accept. Everyone wants their county to win things fairly. Unfortunately it's not the case with Dublin. 54 titles have an asterisk beside them. If a proper investigation is undertaken then Dublin could get stripped of them all.

sid waddell

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 13, 2018, 06:22:29 PM

To quote the psychiatrist in Fawlty Towers, "there's enough material there for an entire conference".

And that's without even getting to the rest of your posts.

You could probably base an entire year's worth of lectures on them.