NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on February 26, 2024, 05:34:23 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 26, 2024, 05:23:28 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on February 26, 2024, 05:18:34 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 26, 2024, 01:24:40 PMDerry last goal probably a square ball, but the Umpire raised his flag super quick.

He was clearly in the square. Thought it strange that no one questioned it

He definitely wasn't!

https://x.com/sporttg4/status/1761770141140816350?s=46&t=phQ2HHkWD0UVsLqr_FKpag

Looks pretty clear that he's outside the square when the ball leaves the other player's hands.

It wasn't a set play, so he's allowed to enter the square before the ball does.
It's not clear at all where the line is, but it looks like he is outside what we think is the square when the ball is played in.

Keyser soze

Quote from: Main Street on February 28, 2024, 01:04:33 AM
Quote from: J70 on February 26, 2024, 05:34:23 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 26, 2024, 05:23:28 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on February 26, 2024, 05:18:34 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 26, 2024, 01:24:40 PMDerry last goal probably a square ball, but the Umpire raised his flag super quick.

He was clearly in the square. Thought it strange that no one questioned it

He definitely wasn't!

https://x.com/sporttg4/status/1761770141140816350?s=46&t=phQ2HHkWD0UVsLqr_FKpag

Looks pretty clear that he's outside the square when the ball leaves the other player's hands.

It wasn't a set play, so he's allowed to enter the square before the ball does.
It's not clear at all where the line is, but it looks like he is outside what we think is the square when the ball is played in.

With eyesight like that you should take up reffing.

screenexile

Dublin @ 6/5 to win is massively overpriced!!!

I really hope we can get a win but based on how Dublin and ourselves played last weekend I just can't see it. I thought we were quite poor against a very average Galway side and could have lost only for certain decisions going against them. Celtic Park is a factor of course but I just think the Dubs would have to be favourites given how they dismantled Kerry last week.

The game was basically over after 20 mins!

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on February 28, 2024, 05:22:29 PMDublin @ 6/5 to win is massively overpriced!!!

I really hope we can get a win but based on how Dublin and ourselves played last weekend I just can't see it. I thought we were quite poor against a very average Galway side and could have lost only for certain decisions going against them. Celtic Park is a factor of course but I just think the Dubs would have to be favourites given how they dismantled Kerry last week.

Dublin have 4 points after 4 matches but one of those wins was against Kerry. They may not want Derry to develop any notions.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

Quote from: screenexile on February 28, 2024, 05:22:29 PMDublin @ 6/5 to win is massively overpriced!!!

Going by the bookies and their punters they think history will repeat itself with Derry to beat Dublin in round 5 by one point.  Derry at home as a team should defend a lot better than Kerry did in Croke park last weekend but I'm sure Dublin will be determined to not allow what happened in Celtic Park last year be repeated.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tbrick18

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 28, 2024, 07:03:15 PM

Going by the bookies and their punters they think history will repeat itself with Derry to beat Dublin in round 5 by one point.  Derry at home as a team should defend a lot better than Kerry did in Croke park last weekend but I'm sure Dublin will be determined to not allow what happened in Celtic Park last year be repeated.

Injuries to key derry players will be a huge factor. If McKinless and Conor Doherty are out, that's a huge swing factor.
It would also be a huge step up for Scullion in goals.

seafoid

Derry started the year on 9/1 but are now priced at 6/1. Kerry and Dublin are neck and neck at 11/4
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

Quote from: tbrick18 on February 29, 2024, 11:36:40 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on February 28, 2024, 07:03:15 PM

Injuries to key derry players will be a huge factor. If McKinless and Conor Doherty are out, that's a huge swing factor.
It would also be a huge step up for Scullion in goals.

Injuries won't help Derry's cause, I'm still expecting a good competitive battle between the two in what could well be the dress rehearsal for the league final at the end of March.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 01, 2024, 04:05:43 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 01, 2024, 03:52:57 PMhttps://www.irishnews.com/gaa/derry-set-to-rest-key-men-and-avoid-dublins-cross-examination-LZ4E4NXQGFCYLC6YHN3VZNAF4Q/

Eight points secured four points ahead of the rest. Would be a sensible decision to rest players.

No idea if that's right or not as Derry name their team very late on these days but Cahair is prob not far off the money. A sensible decision if it turns out to be the case. We could be playing the Dubs again in a month in a league final.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 01, 2024, 04:36:04 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 01, 2024, 03:52:57 PMhttps://www.irishnews.com/gaa/derry-set-to-rest-key-men-and-avoid-dublins-cross-examination-LZ4E4NXQGFCYLC6YHN3VZNAF4Q/

Eight points secured four points ahead of the rest. Would be a sensible decision to rest players.

No idea if that's right or not as Derry name their team very late on these days but Cahair is prob not far off the money. A sensible decision if it turns out to be the case. We could be playing the Dubs again in a month in a league final.
Cahair has good sources he doesn't normally post articles up without getting his information correct. Will likely play Dublin in a month in the final though a League final would probably be more winnable if Dublin wasn't in it however Mickey Harte is looking at the long term and championship and feels now is the ideal time to rest players.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 01, 2024, 04:51:04 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 01, 2024, 04:36:04 PM

Cahair has good sources he doesn't normally post articles up without getting his information correct. Will likely play Dublin in a month in the final though a League final would probably be more winnable if Dublin wasn't in it however Mickey Harte is looking at the long term and championship and feels now is the ideal time to rest players.

Hard to disagree with it. After all the keyboard experts here have been saying we've been playing too strong a team to date  ;D

Blowitupref

Mayo with six changes from the team that started last weekend in Omagh. Into the starting fifteen come Colm Reape, Donnacha McHugh, Jack Carney, Bob Tuohy, Aidan O'Shea and Ryan O'Donoghue.

1. Colm Reape (Knockmore)
2. Jack Coyne (Ballyhaunis)
3. Rory Brickenden (Westport)
4. Sam Callinan (Ballina Stephenites)
5. Donnacha McHugh (Castlebar Mitchels)
6. Stephen Coen (C) (Hollymount Carramore)
7. Enda Hession (Garrymore)
8. Matthew Ruane (Breaffy)
9. Jack Carney (Kilmeena)
10. Bob Tuohy (Castlebar Mitchels)
11. Fergal Boland (Aghamore)
12. Jordan Flynn (Crossmolina Deel Rovers)
13. Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)
14. Tommy Conroy (The Neale)
15. Ryan O'Donoghue (Béal an Mhuirthead)

Subs - TBC

Roscommon one change from last weekend with Niall Daly coming into the side. Are boosted by the return from injury of Ronan Daly,Ultan Harney both named on the bench.

1 Conor Carroll (Oranmore/Maree)
2 David Murray (Pádraig Pearses)
3 Brian Stack (St. Brigid's)
4 Niall Higgins (Elphin)
5 Niall Daly (Pádraig Pearses)
6 Eoin McCormack (St. Dominic's)
7 Dylan Ruane (Michael Glaveys)
8 Enda Smith (Boyle)
9 Shane Cunnane (St. Brigid's)
10 Robbie Dolan (St. Brigid's)
11 Diarmuid Murtagh (St. Faithleach's)
12 Ruaidhrí Fallon (St. Brigid's)
13 Donie Smith (Boyle)
14 Daire Cregg (Boyle)
15 James Fitzpatrick (Oran)

Subs: Colm Lavin (Éire Óg), Patrick Gavin (Clann na nGael), Conor Hussey (Michael Glaveys), Evan Flynn (Tulsk Lord Edwards), Tadhg O'Rourke (Tulsk Lord Edwards), Ultan Harney (Clann na nGael), Ronan Daly (Pádraig Pearses), Cathal Heneghan (Michael Glaveys), Conor Cox (Éire Óg), Andrew Glennon (Michael Glaveys), Cian Connolly (Roscommon Gaels).