Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

seafoid

No deal is about shafting the NHS and giving the savings to the ultra rich in the form of tax cuts.
The ERG don't care about trade.
I still don't understand what the DUP is doing
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: seafoid on January 18, 2019, 10:05:40 AM
No deal is about shafting the NHS and giving the savings to the ultra rich in the form of tax cuts.
The ERG don't care about trade.
I still don't understand what the DUP is doing

Yes the ERG do care about trade, their chairman is starting up in Dublin in full knowledge that the Brexit they have been pushing is going to effect business in the UK

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/jacob-rees-mogg-s-group-launches-second-irish-fund-1.3573675%3fmode=amp

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Keyser soze

Is there any scenario or outworking of such that won't weaken the DUP from the position they were in prior to the referendum?

No Brexit/Soft Brexit/Hard Brexit/Deal with Backstop/Deal without Backstop/Hard Border/Soft Border/Any degree of fudge between any of these scenarios, are all going to make the DUP look like fools for one reason or another as far as I can see.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Keyser soze on January 18, 2019, 10:29:51 AM
Is there any scenario or outworking of such that won't weaken the DUP from the position they were in prior to the referendum?

No Brexit/Soft Brexit/Hard Brexit/Deal with Backstop/Deal without Backstop/Hard Border/Soft Border/Any degree of fudge between any of these scenarios, are all going to make the DUP look like fools for one reason or another as far as I can see.

Completely agree but Will the fact  they have went against the will of the people in their constituency's (on Brexit) and have alienated the business and farm communities effect them come local election time especially when they are one of the main contributors to the stormont impasse. Knowing this place they will probably increase their vote.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

gallsman

Farmers who vote DUP will continue to vote DUP until they're six feet underground.

Franko

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: gallsman on January 18, 2019, 10:58:50 AM
Farmers who vote DUP will continue to vote DUP until they're six feet underground.

That says all you need to know about their voters never mind the DUP themselves. It might make a handful sit up and consider where to place their X or 1,2,3 but when push comes to shove and they are standing in the polling booth they just can't bring themselves to vote for someone else incase one of them'uns got it.

naka

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on January 18, 2019, 01:13:54 PM

That says all you need to know about their voters never mind the DUP themselves. It might make a handful sit up and consider where to place their X or 1,2,3 but when push comes to shove and they are standing in the polling booth they just can't bring themselves to vote for someone else incase one of them'uns got it.
to be fair our side is as bad
I have family who will vote like sheep to stop the other side
no rationale simply to make sure the other side don't get elected

johnnycool

They could be burying a lot of Dairy cattle before that if no one will take their milk.

haranguerer

Quote from: naka on January 18, 2019, 01:23:40 PM

Voting to attempt to deny the DUP a seat sounds perfectly rational to me.

playwiththewind1st

We should try that in South Belfast to get rid of thon bitter & twisted gun runner's daughter.

trailer

Quote from: haranguerer on January 18, 2019, 01:43:15 PM
Quote from: naka on January 18, 2019, 01:23:40 PM

Voting to attempt to deny the DUP a seat sounds perfectly rational to me.

Yes an the other side does the same, Vote DUP to deny SF. Hence you've two big parties that people don't really want.
People get the politicians they deserve. Sad.

haranguerer

Who do people really want?