Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Kidder81 on May 20, 2022, 08:59:36 AM
Quote from: clarshack on May 20, 2022, 12:21:24 AM
Quote from: SHEEDY on May 19, 2022, 10:57:34 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 19, 2022, 09:59:04 PM
Massive win. Fair play, although a pitch invasion probably a bit much  ;D
oh hello it's the celebration police 🙄
it's passion, emotion, relief rolled into one. Anyone that has any connection to a team in any sport can see that.

Reminded me of All-Ireland Finals at the final whistle before the PC Brigade stopped it all. Was great to see this evening.

I don't think it was the PC brigade, have players almost to a man not said since they were abolished they prefer it far more. They can get to celebrate with their team mates without having to dodge some pissed up yahoo in a straw hat

When some ballbag is waving his hands around Viera's head rather than celebrating his teams achievements and some Forest fan goes headlong into Billy Sharp then it's totally understandable why pitch invasions aren't allowed.

We in the GAA think we're above all that, but I have my doubts.

Kidder81

Quote from: johnnycool on May 20, 2022, 09:03:05 AM
it's passion, emotion, relief rolled into one. Anyone that has any connection to a team in any sport can see that.

Reminded me of All-Ireland Finals at the final whistle before the PC Brigade stopped it all. Was great to see this evening.

I don't think it was the PC brigade, have players almost to a man not said since they were abolished they prefer it far more. They can get to celebrate with their team mates without having to dodge some pissed up yahoo in a straw hat

When some ballbag is waving his hands around Viera's head rather than celebrating his teams achievements and some Forest fan goes headlong into Billy Sharp then it's totally understandable why pitch invasions aren't allowed.

I remember when they were done away with I thought it was the GAA being a killjoy until you heard the stories of how much players preferred it now. They can celebrate and share a special moment with players they have busted their balls with for years in many cases & also as much for the losers. Bad enough you have lost an All Ireland final but then have to dodge a lot of eejits, and I do think it would be much worse now. Every dick wants to film everything on their phone now for a bit of online clout

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on May 20, 2022, 09:03:05 AM

At club level when your team wins a county title for the first time in whatever years or wins an Ulster title or more, its very understandable to see supporters charge onto a pitch and celebrate with their friends/sons/brothers but of course there will always be an element of drunkards who'll f**k it up for the better natured celebrations that an occasion like that will bring!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

It's kind of hard to feel sympathy for that fan getting a kick from Viera though obviously he should have kept his calm too... The forest fan should borderline be put in jail for what he did. With the Viera thing he's very lucky it didn't kick something messy off. The same really happened with a sheffield united player too. Palace wouldn't have been as emotional because their season pretty much over anyway but Sheffield United players etc would be pretty emotional / pissed off with the penalty loss so the last thing they want is some fans in their face.

Huge result for Everton. Honestly thought this was the season we were finally going to get it but thankfully not. Where can we see highlights / watch it back? Have seen none of it bar Viera booting a fan!

mrdeeds

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 20, 2022, 09:10:34 AM
It's kind of hard to feel sympathy for that fan getting a kick from Viera though obviously he should have kept his calm too... The forest fan should borderline be put in jail for what he did. With the Viera thing he's very lucky it didn't kick something messy off. The same really happened with a sheffield united player too. Palace wouldn't have been as emotional because their season pretty much over anyway but Sheffield United players etc would be pretty emotional / pissed off with the penalty loss so the last thing they want is some fans in their face.

Huge result for Everton. Honestly thought this was the season we were finally going to get it but thankfully not. Where can we see highlights / watch it back? Have seen none of it bar Viera booting a fan!

The Nottingham Forest fan got 6 months jail and 10 year ban from football.

imtommygunn

Oh I hadn't read that. I am glad he did tbh - that was horrendous and I thought looked like something that would really merit jail time. I dunno why anyone would think that kind of thing was a good idea.

J70

What political correctness have to do with crowd and player safety?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: johnnycool on May 20, 2022, 08:59:05 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 19, 2022, 10:00:00 PM
Never in doubt...

2-0 down at half time against a team that walloped them in the FA Cup, I'll have what you're on.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Everton that

imtommygunn

Quote from: J70 on May 20, 2022, 10:31:08 AM

What political correctness have to do with crowd and player safety?

The Viera incident and the Billy Sharp incident have shown they're a bad idea...

brokencrossbar1

Skin of your teeth but you stay up.

The question now is how do you build on it?  This season is not a result of a bad run of results. There's been issues with the squad for a number of years. Frank has kept youse up but is he the man to really build on?  An awful lot of average players. Where can the fat be trimmed and who is likely to come in?  With Uzmanonvs money gone, will anyone of note come in?

imtommygunn

To start with you get defenders who can defend. Big question mark for me round Frank too. As per man united massive clearout needed.

laoislad

Racist abuse towards Brentford players the other night and attacking managers last night.
Not great from Everton fans..
manfromdelmonte staying quiet about it....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

The manager wasn't attacked. He was goaded...

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 20, 2022, 12:02:21 PM

It was very unsavoury whatever way you dress it up. He was wrong to react like he did but show me any man who wouldn't react....

J70

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 20, 2022, 12:44:55 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 20, 2022, 12:02:21 PM

It was very unsavoury whatever way you dress it up. He was wrong to react like he did but show me any man who wouldn't react....

Exactly. That Everton fan deserves zero sympathy.

Vieira should take whatever punishment comes his way (hopefully very light) but he did what most people would do. That idiot is lucky Vieira didn't deck him like Clough did all those years ago.