The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Carragher entirely right, championship back 4...

Tony Baloney

Relegation material. No Barry Horne or Graham Stuart in this squad.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 07, 2022, 09:48:50 PM
Relegation material. No Barry Horne or Graham Stuart in this squad.

They're in their 50's now lad....might be better than some there still though

seafoid

Everton relegated would be a massive shock.
No team has been in the top division longer.

Big Frank was a bad choice even if they avoid the drop.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on March 08, 2022, 05:45:24 AM

He made a big call last night hauling Keane off who was having an absolute mare. His OG was avoidable and he and Holgate parted like the red sea time and time again and even for Kanes goal whether he was potentially fouled or not in the build up, he needs to get ignorant with Kane when Kane gets up to his sneaky stuff, Mina wouldn't have let that happen.

Godfrey and Mina can't get back soon enough if Everton are to have a sniff of avoiding relegation. Young Branthwaite was OK when he came on last night but he needs a decent defender beside him and there wasn't.

toby47

Quote from: seafoid on March 08, 2022, 05:45:24 AM

I honestly didn't get the decision at all. Underwhelming at Derby, Went straight to Chelsea and got sacked by a team who went on and won a CL in his absence. I also find him severely unlikeable.

Armamike

New managers are supposed to get a bounce in the first 6 or games.  It was a big big call to appoint Lampard - high risk.  I honestly hope it doesn't prove to be the wrong one.  It would be a weird season without the derby (and a handy six points  :))
That's just, like your opinion man.

manfromdelmonte

we're probably going down.
sold Digne (a full international player), and now a wrong sided player covering for him

maybe WW3 will come before relegation and we wont have to worry about it

imtommygunn

quit yo jibbajabba

I know Calvert Lewin has had his injuries but is he now lookin like a boy looking out a la pogba/rashford/lingard? Didnt see last nites match..

Id also put keane in same bracket as maguire just now, looks low on confidence and centre half is no hiding place

laoislad

Everton won't be relegated. It will be tight but the teams around them are just as bad and probably worse than them which will probably save them. They have a couple of games in hand also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 08, 2022, 01:19:00 PM
I know Calvert Lewin has had his injuries but is he now lookin like a boy looking out a la pogba/rashford/lingard? Didnt see last nites match..

Id also put keane in same bracket as maguire just now, looks low on confidence and centre half is no hiding place

By all accounts he is on the way out.

Dunno LL - where do the points come from.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 08, 2022, 01:22:42 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 08, 2022, 01:19:00 PM

By all accounts he is on the way out.

Dunno LL - where do the points come from.

A shoot out between yourselves and Burnley I suspect, though Leeds are still potentially in the mix. I think 32/33 points will be the safety valve this year and you should be able to pick up 10-12 points in 13 fixtures.

laoislad

Leeds are definitely in the mix BC1. Gonna be very tight.
Actually just had a look at Everton's remaining fixtures  :o
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

SHEEDY

The next 2 games are massive, Wolves and Newcastle both at home, minimum 4 points needed.
nil satis nisi optimum