The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 27, 2022, 04:41:58 AM
Rodri's handball wasn't given as an Everton penalty, because Richarlison was offside in the buildup.

So why did VAR take about 90 secs and multiple angles to check where the ball hit Rodri?

Milltown Row2

The Liverpool fans reaction to Everton losing a game is very funny, when they lose their next game it'll be refreshing to see a change in their response
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SHEEDY

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 27, 2022, 04:41:58 AM
Rodri's handball wasn't given as an Everton penalty, because Richarlison was offside in the buildup.

no he wasn't. Premier league have said after the game there was no offside in the build up, and the var decision was the wrong. Bit late after the game is over.
nil satis nisi optimum

Armamike

Rodri was unsighted - he didn't know who was behind him and instinctively he moved his arm to control the ball. That's a penalty.
That's just, like your opinion man.

manfromdelmonte

Everton screwed by VAR again.
quelle surprise

johnnycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 27, 2022, 03:13:09 PM
Everton screwed by VAR again.
quelle surprise

Keane is having a mare of a season, he's Ok with Mina beside him, but too many errors emanating from him is costing soft goals. Stuck in the ground for that goal on Saturday evening, VAR aside.

Problem is Holgate beside him ain't great either so playing Branthwaite along side Holgate would be a huge risk for the young lad.

VDB is offering more in midfield and that's a bonus but there's no out and out striker able to put away the very few chances they create.

Relegation is going to go down to the wire this season and Everton are most definitely in the mix.

lurganblue

I think Watford and Norwich will go down but i have a sneaking suspicion that Burnley do enough to get out of trouble.  Everton, Brentford and Leeds all in a bit of trouble. 

SHEEDY

Always loved maddison and vardy, great bunch of lads.
nil satis nisi optimum

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: lurganblue on February 28, 2022, 12:19:56 PM
I think Watford and Norwich will go down but i have a sneaking suspicion that Burnley do enough to get out of trouble.  Everton, Brentford and Leeds all in a bit of trouble.

Norwich, Brentford and Watford for me.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

manfromdelmonte

I'd say the new stadium will be dead in the water, literally.
Usmanov was clearly bankrolling a lot of spending in the club through Moshiri.
I think the club will be up for sale within 6 months if this Ukraine conflict continues

johnnycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 02, 2022, 08:39:13 PM
I'd say the new stadium will be dead in the water, literally.
Usmanov was clearly bankrolling a lot of spending in the club through Moshiri.
I think the club will be up for sale within 6 months if this Ukraine conflict continues

The way the UK Gov is so lax on these Russian Oligarchs he's probably fine for another few years, but yes Moshiri recently put another £100M into the club, wonder where that came from??

brokencrossbar1

https://www.forbes.com/sites/giacomotognini/2022/03/02/germans-seize-russian-billionaire-alisher-usmanovs-mega-yacht/

EU starting to grab his assets. It's amazing how the UK Gov happily allow the oligarchs to sail away into the sunset effectively. Usmanov has assets worth a few hundred million in England through property, as does Abramovich yet Boris is doing nothing about them. You would have to wonder why someone called Boris wouldn't be doing anything against Russians?  If it wasn't so serious you would think it was like a Monty Python sketch!

imtommygunn

The corruption in the UK government is off the scale. This further highlights it.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 03, 2022, 11:02:29 AM
The corruption in the UK government is off the scale. This further highlights it.

The Tory Party are almost dependent on Russian money to stay afloat evidently and turning that tap off is proving too painful for them.

GB News is also Russian funded it seems, Arlene is taking the rubles it seems.

imtommygunn

I doubt it's stay afloat - stay accustomed to the current status quo would be more like it. I dunno if it's self preservation or just sheer greed. They're pretty good at both.