The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RedHand88

johnnycool

johnnycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 16, 2021, 08:36:10 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on December 16, 2021, 07:43:39 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on December 14, 2021, 10:37:37 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on December 14, 2021, 10:16:29 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on December 14, 2021, 09:44:50 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 14, 2021, 09:17:04 PM
Would be shocked if they went down. Newcastle and Norwich are clearly worse than them. Burnley, Leeds, Watford and Southampton all much of a muchness and Everton should have enough to stay above them. They could be pulled into it over the next few games as I see Richarlison is out for a few weeks and DCL still not back so goals will be hard to get.

Had to lay the blame at Rafas door all the same. The quality is simply not there and no matter how much coaching some get, they are still shite!
Ancellotti got 59 points last season with basically the same squad which most other years would comfortably have got European football, this year it's 4 points from last 30 available and the football is shocking, the fans are split and disillusioned. The club are lucky Newcastle, and Norwich are as bad as they are.

Ancellotti had a front line of DCL, Richarlison, James, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Iwobi, & Bernard. This season they haven't had DCL, James, sigurdsson, Walcott and Bernard for differing reasons and replaced them with Gray and Rondon. That's a massive difference for me
Walcott was at Southampton last season, Bernard only played a bit part. Sigurdsson is obviously unavailable, Benitez got rid of James, Iwobi is still there. So only difference is replacing James and Sigurdsson with Townsend and Gray who many said were an upgrade. Rondon signed by Benitez again, less said the better 🙄

Everton consistently had a front 4 of DCL, James, Richarlison, and Sigurdsson last season. This season they've had Richarlison, Gray, Rondo, and Townsend...you think Rafa should be getting the same note outta those 4?

Look at the line up they have out today...absolutely brutal and you expect them to be getting similar points to last year?
James played very infrequently last season

Rondon was bought by Rafa! He also let King leave (who is actually able to play in PL)

I expect 3-0 loss tonight

Ancelotti was still in charge when King was let go, big mistake by Brands and Co as it was pretty certain that Ancelotti was going to leave in the pending weeks but it's done and dusted now.

As for last night. it was always going to be a rear-guard action for most of the 90 minutes and it was that alright.

Impressed by Branthwaite, not only for his goal but the way he came out with the ball and showed a bit of composure with it, sorely lacking from others at times, Gordon showed a bit more tonight as well, looked to be a bit more central, Godfrey seemed more assured at LB than at the weekend and managed to get forward more.
I liked the cut of Dobbin when introduced, highly regarded in the youth ranks at Everton and has a sharpness in his movement and touch.

Benitez might get a little less grief from the Everton supporters if he played the young lads more often than Rondon and Iwobi.

brokencrossbar1

Great set of results last night, Everton take points off LFCs title rivals and LFC take points off Everton's relegation rivals...the city sticking together....

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: gawa316 on December 16, 2021, 08:53:35 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on December 16, 2021, 08:36:10 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on December 16, 2021, 07:43:39 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on December 14, 2021, 10:37:37 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on December 14, 2021, 10:16:29 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on December 14, 2021, 09:44:50 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 14, 2021, 09:17:04 PM
Would be shocked if they went down. Newcastle and Norwich are clearly worse than them. Burnley, Leeds, Watford and Southampton all much of a muchness and Everton should have enough to stay above them. They could be pulled into it over the next few games as I see Richarlison is out for a few weeks and DCL still not back so goals will be hard to get.

Had to lay the blame at Rafas door all the same. The quality is simply not there and no matter how much coaching some get, they are still shite!
Ancellotti got 59 points last season with basically the same squad which most other years would comfortably have got European football, this year it's 4 points from last 30 available and the football is shocking, the fans are split and disillusioned. The club are lucky Newcastle, and Norwich are as bad as they are.

Ancellotti had a front line of DCL, Richarlison, James, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Iwobi, & Bernard. This season they haven't had DCL, James, sigurdsson, Walcott and Bernard for differing reasons and replaced them with Gray and Rondon. That's a massive difference for me
Walcott was at Southampton last season, Bernard only played a bit part. Sigurdsson is obviously unavailable, Benitez got rid of James, Iwobi is still there. So only difference is replacing James and Sigurdsson with Townsend and Gray who many said were an upgrade. Rondon signed by Benitez again, less said the better 🙄

Everton consistently had a front 4 of DCL, James, Richarlison, and Sigurdsson last season. This season they've had Richarlison, Gray, Rondo, and Townsend...you think Rafa should be getting the same note outta those 4?

Look at the line up they have out today...absolutely brutal and you expect them to be getting similar points to last year?
James played very infrequently last season

Rondon was bought by Rafa! He also let King leave (who is actually able to play in PL)

I expect 3-0 loss tonight

Rafa brought Rondon in on a free as it's better than having no players. Was it Rafa's decision to let King and James go?
Rondon is actually worse than Tosun, if that's possible.
Can't run, hold up the ball or be aggressive in the box

Also, i think Coleman is finished in the PL and should be let go to a championship club

johnnycool

Left back and right back bought this window already so that's progress although almost certain Digne is gone but if he goes for the £40M being muted then that'll cover the cost of these other two lads and some to spare.

Don't know much about them but can only be better than playing Hogate (period) and Godfrey out of position. Godfrey needs to be a centre back along with AN OTHER, Keane is having a mare at the minute so I'd prefer Branthwaite in there TBH..

lurganblue

What has happened with Digne?  Why the falling out?

johnnycool

Quote from: lurganblue on January 04, 2022, 03:24:05 PM
What has happened with Digne?  Why the falling out?

He was critical of Benitez's defensive set ups.

Can't say they've been a success as Everton leak goals like a sieve

He was back in the matchday squad for Sunday past, but chose to play Coleman as a left back instead and Godfrey as a right back.
Much criticism of Benitez for that disaster..

imtommygunn

I honestly wouldn't be sure Benitez will last that long at current rate. If he's getting those results and losing players that isn't good.

SHEEDY

Quote from: johnnycool on January 04, 2022, 03:09:19 PM
Left back and right back bought this window already so that's progress although almost certain Digne is gone but if he goes for the £40M being muted then that'll cover the cost of these other two lads and some to spare.

Don't know much about them but can only be better than playing Hogate (period) and Godfrey out of position. Godfrey needs to be a centre back along with AN OTHER, Keane is having a mare at the minute so I'd prefer Branthwaite in there TBH..
there's no chance anyone is paying 40milllion for Digne especially knowing Benitez wants him out. 20-25 million max.
The owners seem to have gone all in with Benitez and are backing him despite results and fan unrest.
nil satis nisi optimum

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 04, 2022, 03:41:11 PM
I honestly wouldn't be sure Benitez will last that long at current rate. If he's getting those results and losing players that isn't good.
Benitez is just a stubborn man. every supporter knew Rondon was a waste of space yet he kept playing him, Gordon offers far more even though he is a different sort of player.
He will also pick players just to prove a point (as with Rondon)
He is tactically brutal, when compared to the previous manager

He won't last till Paddys Day

brokencrossbar1

Rafa is a football hero of mine for so many reasons. Istanbul, reviving and reforming a lot of the ways of the club, how he managed himself and the club under the dreadful tenure of Hicks and Gillett and most importantly what he has done outside of the playing and management side through his work with charity around the city and the Hillsborough campaign. People talk about how managers or players 'get' a club, each club has its own identity and Rafa clearly for LFCs identity. He also 'gets' the identity of Everton and the city as a whole.

All that being said he is going to fail at Everton as the expectation is too high for the level of players that are there. Also I think tactically he is stubborn and this is his great blind spot. I honestly believe if patience is shown he will improve them dramatically but he is hampered by the clusterfuck of previous transfer policies and he has to operate on a shoestring. He needs 3 more transfer windows to change that. He won't get it as the expectation is that there must be immediate success. Everton need to stop the chop and change policy of management but they won't.