Armagh v Galway AIQF

Started by tonto1888, June 13, 2022, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 30, 2022, 02:28:05 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 30, 2022, 01:22:19 PM
Morgan has been like that for years and seems to know how to get away with it. I mind one of the first times I saw him was cross against dr crokes and he was on gooch. It wasn't pretty. Walsh did well all things considered to not rise too much tbh.
Show me a decent ever defender who wasn't a nasty f**ker on the pitch. Philly McMahon, Francie Bellew, any Tyrone player ever etc etc.

Tony scullion, Andy Mallon, Seamus Moynihan, Kieran Fitzgerald, mcanallen,  ...

A lot are tbh but he's not subtle though somehow got away with it in that match.

general_lee

So we are all in agreement the game was poorly officiated!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on June 30, 2022, 02:53:35 PM

Lets not have ref's at all, they all seemed to be the reason
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 30, 2022, 02:55:37 PM

Or just competent ones!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 30, 2022, 02:50:15 PM
Morgan has been like that for years and seems to know how to get away with it. I mind one of the first times I saw him was cross against dr crokes and he was on gooch. It wasn't pretty. Walsh did well all things considered to not rise too much tbh.
Show me a decent ever defender who wasn't a nasty f**ker on the pitch. Philly McMahon, Francie Bellew, any Tyrone player ever etc etc.

A lot are tbh but he's not subtle though somehow got away with it in that match.

Marked him. Gentleman

imtommygunn

Football or hurling? Like many Derry footballers I think he was a handy enough hurler too.

johnnycool

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 30, 2022, 03:42:14 PM

Marked him. Gentleman

Did he let you touch the ball?  ;)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 30, 2022, 03:48:57 PM
Football or hurling? Like many Derry footballers I think he was a handy enough hurler too.

Hurling

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on June 30, 2022, 04:00:56 PM

Marked him. Gentleman

Skinned him for 3 points lol

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on June 30, 2022, 03:36:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 30, 2022, 02:55:37 PM

Or just competent ones!

Judging by all accounts on here and every other game there are none. Take it up, judging by your armchair expertise you'd be at headquarters in your first year ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Leftmidfield

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 30, 2022, 04:13:04 PM

Marked him. Gentleman

Under 10 Derry quarter final 😂😂

Eire90

do some players do jujitsu

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Leftmidfield on June 30, 2022, 09:47:34 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 30, 2022, 04:13:04 PM

Marked him. Gentleman

Under 10 Derry quarter final 😂😂

Lol. Class, takes me back to u10 alright. The jokes I mean.

armaghniac

Not so good for Galway?
-----------------
Irish Examiner

Armagh's Tiernan Kelly is understood to have been given a hefty ban for the eye-gouging incident at the end of normal time in last Sunday's All-Ireland SFC quarter-final defeat to Galway.

Several players including Kelly across the two teams have received retrospective suspensions from the GAA's Central Competitions Control Committee (CCCC) arising from the brawl. While Kelly's penalty is expected to be time-based, the other sanctions are likely to involve matches as they are believed to relate to acting dangerously towards an opponent.

That number excludes Galway captain Seán Kelly and Armagh joint-captain Aidan Nugent who were both sent off by David Coldrick for contributing to a melee. The pair were issued with red cards prior to the start of extra-time.

Armagh are also understood to have received notice of Greg McCabe's one-match ban for his sending off in normal time against Galway being doubled as he was dismissed in February's Division 1 win over Tyrone in the Athletic Grounds and it is a repeat Category III infraction. Should he accept the penalty, he will miss the first two games of next year's Allianz Football League.

Armagh and Galway had been contacted by the CCCC about certain players as part of their review of the brawl in conjunction with Coldrick. An intense three-day examination of the violent scenes concluded on Thursday after the referee's report was received on Monday evening.

Kelly and possibly Nugent are expected to contest their penalties in front of the Central Hearings Committee (CHC) with the former's meeting anticipated in the coming couple of days ahead of facing Derry in Saturday week's All-Ireland semi-final. The pair are expected to have their bans quashed due to mistaken identity.

All the players can contest their bans to the CHC. If they are upheld, they have the option of seeking a meeting with the Central Appeals Committee and after that the Disputes Resolution Authority.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Blowitupref

Quote from: armaghniac on July 01, 2022, 12:36:52 AM
Not so good for Galway?
-----------------
Irish Examiner

Armagh's Tiernan Kelly is understood to have been given a hefty ban for the eye-gouging incident at the end of normal time in last Sunday's All-Ireland SFC quarter-final defeat to Galway.

Several players including Kelly across the two teams have received retrospective suspensions from the GAA's Central Competitions Control Committee (CCCC) arising from the brawl. While Kelly's penalty is expected to be time-based, the other sanctions are likely to involve matches as they are believed to relate to acting dangerously towards an opponent.

That number excludes Galway captain Seán Kelly and Armagh joint-captain Aidan Nugent who were both sent off by David Coldrick for contributing to a melee. The pair were issued with red cards prior to the start of extra-time.

Armagh are also understood to have received notice of Greg McCabe's one-match ban for his sending off in normal time against Galway being doubled as he was dismissed in February's Division 1 win over Tyrone in the Athletic Grounds and it is a repeat Category III infraction. Should he accept the penalty, he will miss the first two games of next year's Allianz Football League.

Armagh and Galway had been contacted by the CCCC about certain players as part of their review of the brawl in conjunction with Coldrick. An intense three-day examination of the violent scenes concluded on Thursday after the referee's report was received on Monday evening.

Kelly and possibly Nugent are expected to contest their penalties in front of the Central Hearings Committee (CHC) with the former's meeting anticipated in the coming couple of days ahead of facing Derry in Saturday week's All-Ireland semi-final. The pair are expected to have their bans quashed due to mistaken identity.

All the players can contest their bans to the CHC. If they are upheld, they have the option of seeking a meeting with the Central Appeals Committee and after that the Disputes Resolution Authority.

I'll be surprised if any Galway player misses the semi final. Sean Kelly should be successful in his appeal.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose