All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

NotedObserver

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 10, 2021, 08:46:11 PM
Anyone know if tickets with September 4th printed on them are definitely okay? I'd sleep a lot easier tonight known were 100% not gonna run into any issues on the day 😅

You know you're not going to be allowed in and Mayo are going to win their first in 70 years, right?

Hound

Not sure the GAA could have done a much better job on ticket allocation this year given the limited tickets (other than increase capacity of course!), but in general terms it is extraordinary the way tickets are allocated for finals. In particular the high number that goes to clubs in non-competing counties. Which inevitably means that atmosphere for semi finals is better than finals.

It'll never change, as GAA officialdom likes the way it is, but personally I'd much prefer the stadium to be full of Tyrone and Mayo heads who cheer and roar at every incident and will be delighted/gutted at the end of the game. rather than Cork, Laois, etc heads who nod appreciatevly and clap politely.

The 1995 All Ireland final was the only Dublin game in league or championship that I missed in that decade. Knowing how that felt, I would never go to an all Ireland final ahead of someone from a competing county. Thankfully, albeit a long 16 years later, I got over that disappointment!

Rossfan

Best atmosphere is always the Semis.
They're a kind of *people's day out while the Finals are a *GAA officials day out.

*Or bandwagoners/dedicated Volunteers if you prefer.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on September 11, 2021, 06:33:15 AM
Not sure the GAA could have done a much better job on ticket allocation this year given the limited tickets (other than increase capacity of course!), but in general terms it is extraordinary the way tickets are allocated for finals. In particular the high number that goes to clubs in non-competing counties. Which inevitably means that atmosphere for semi finals is better than finals.

It'll never change, as GAA officialdom likes the way it is, but personally I'd much prefer the stadium to be full of Tyrone and Mayo heads who cheer and roar at every incident and will be delighted/gutted at the end of the game. rather than Cork, Laois, etc heads who nod appreciatevly and clap politely.

The 1995 All Ireland final was the only Dublin game in league or championship that I missed in that decade. Knowing how that felt, I would never go to an all Ireland final ahead of someone from a competing county. Thankfully, albeit a long 16 years later, I got over that disappointment!

Good for you, but I love heading to the finals, the craic and atmosphere that it brings with such a great occasion thats is imbedded into GAA supporters from all counties....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Of course you love this, the present system is rigged for the likes of you. That is the problem.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: Hound on September 11, 2021, 06:33:15 AM

100% right. The final allocation makes no sense.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on September 11, 2021, 12:37:37 PM
Of course you love this, the present system is rigged for the likes of you. That is the problem.

Rigged? So you've been to Croke finals what twice? 3 times? Good for you
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

If it was "rigged" the other way, it would cause bigger problems.

Down referees got 2 tickets this year. I will never understand how any grown man after being a spectator at a few GAA matches could wish refereeing upon himself. It's a form of masochism. The least we should do each year is get them a ticket for the AI final.

Hound

If Down made the final, then every ref in Down should be guaranteed a ticket. But that wouldn't be the case because so many tickets go to non-competing counties.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on September 11, 2021, 03:40:40 PM
If Down made the final, then every ref in Down should be guaranteed a ticket. But that wouldn't be the case because so many tickets go to non-competing counties.

They'd get a ticket as they are members of their club thus entitled to the club tickets and draw for ref tickets

armaghniac

Quote from: thewobbler on September 11, 2021, 03:08:42 PM

If it was "rigged" the other way, it would cause bigger problems.

Down referees got 2 tickets this year. I will never understand how any grown man after being a spectator at a few GAA matches could wish refereeing upon himself. It's a form of masochism. The least we should do each year is get them a ticket for the AI final.

As I said, I do not disagee with rewarding people, only the currency used for the reward.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

StPatsAbu

At least 10k extra got in so likely by slipping a bribe on the gate. Are Dublin gaa "volunteers" still milking it? Do bears sh1t in the woods?

clarshack

Not a chance there was half capacity yesterday lol, have assumed that the GAA allocated more tickets than they let on.