All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 30, 2021, 11:39:27 AM
Quote from: clarshack on August 30, 2021, 10:05:29 AM
In previous years anyone who deserved a final ticket got one in the end. will it be the same this year? were there any stories coming out of Limerick or Cork about people who should have got a ticket not getting one?

Bit of a myth. And this year plenty that "deserve" tickets will not be in attendance. The double whammy is no homecoming for the winner and the Sam Maguire Cup kept in Croke Park. Many that didn't get tickets in previous years at least had the latter to look forward to/attend.
Are they seriously doing this shite again?

RedHand88

Quote from: Rossfan on September 07, 2021, 12:49:03 PM
I know a chap who works for AIG, who gets a freebie corporate ticket for every AI Final >:(
And he from  a Munster hurling County!!
How about offering Corporates and Club officers free tickets to the AI semi finals and then having a draw for Final tickets among those who took them up?
I don't know how many Tyrone season ticket holders there were but surely the CB could have reserved a few for them.
Our CB put 10 of their share of 1,049 for the SFC game v Galway.

I think I read a few years ago there are about 2500.

Cobra

Hearing a few stories of people who attend lots of games unable to get sorted and unlikely they'll get sorted at this stage.
I'm taking the wee lad and the wife (she hasn't been all year and not a big GAA fan tbh more of a day out for her). I got a ticket for her of a supplier so it'd been for some other eejit anyway. Some people are luckier than others.

larryin89

Quote from: Cobra on September 08, 2021, 11:55:01 AM
Hearing a few stories of people who attend lots of games unable to get sorted and unlikely they'll get sorted at this stage.
I'm taking the wee lad and the wife (she hasn't been all year and not a big GAA fan tbh more of a day out for her). I got a ticket for her of a supplier so it'd been for some other eejit anyway. Some people are luckier than others.

Hope you alm have a wonderful day .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

clarshack

Quote from: Cobra on September 08, 2021, 11:55:01 AM

Yes i'd say it's the typical season ticket holder that maybe wouldn't be associated with a club that is going to be the biggest loser in all this.

I think the county board could have done a draw for those who had purchased season tickets for the 2020 season to at least give them a chance.

And my daughter who has been all year won't be getting a ticket so I hope your wife has a wonderful day also.

Rossfan

She'll probably bring a book to read during the game ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cobra

Thanks lads. She's not into reading much so probably no book, just the programme so she can learn the names I'd say.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cobra on September 08, 2021, 12:57:41 PM
Thanks lads. She's not into reading much so probably no book, just the programme so she can learn the names I'd say.

Candy Crush would be a better option, probably struggle with the programme
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 01:30:27 PM

Handy though to have her there, she can nip on the 30 min mark to beat the snack queue

iorras

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 08, 2021, 10:14:29 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 30, 2021, 11:39:27 AM
Quote from: clarshack on August 30, 2021, 10:05:29 AM
In previous years anyone who deserved a final ticket got one in the end. will it be the same this year? were there any stories coming out of Limerick or Cork about people who should have got a ticket not getting one?

Bit of a myth. And this year plenty that "deserve" tickets will not be in attendance. The double whammy is no homecoming for the winner and the Sam Maguire Cup kept in Croke Park. Many that didn't get tickets in previous years at least had the latter to look forward to/attend.
Are they seriously doing this shite again?
Yes, there's a blond lady who has to follow the teams around to mind the cup, she's going to have her work cut out no matter who wins on Saturday. what are the odds of a pitch invasion? Quiet likely if its Mayo, also likely if its Tyrone even if they have obviously won it more recently, from where they were 4 weeks ago it'll seem like a miracle. Some craic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on September 08, 2021, 02:10:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 01:30:27 PM

Handy though to have her there, she can nip on the 30 min mark to beat the snack queue

Christ the queues were longer than they were with 80,000 at the ground for the hurling ffs, and by the time ya got to the front there was fcuk all left lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Was up in North mayo today, ballina stephites, knockmore and crossmolina all raffling 2 tickets by selling lines to all and sundry. Personally I think that's real shitty on their members, taking tickets away from members. Half the county going around moaning about no tickets and clubs doing that?

larryin89

112 euro I've spent on raffles , I'm embarrassed for myself
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: Itchy on September 08, 2021, 06:40:28 PM
Was up in North mayo today, ballina stephites, knockmore and crossmolina all raffling 2 tickets by selling lines to all and sundry. Personally I think that's real shitty on their members, taking tickets away from members. Half the county going around moaning about no tickets and clubs doing that?

I've given my own sob story but clubs doing that is nothing short of disgraceful

BennyCake

Quote from: Itchy on September 08, 2021, 06:40:28 PM

Is it any worse than the secretary/treasurer/chairman slipping a ticket to his son/daughter/partner/window cleaner? At least this way, they're up front about it,