All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on September 07, 2021, 10:53:07 AM
Challenging times. 3 fully paid up members including myself at the club. We are very active and both participate and volunteer with teams...not one of us got a ticket. Wife and I would be season ticket holders also but no options to purchase...ah well! Suppose you have to expect it in current times but a real pain in the ar$e nonetheless!

You are the perfect example of who should get a ticket, you do everything right... that would piss me off
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mayo4Sam14

Another season ticket draw with no ticket, incredibly frustrating
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

clarshack

Challenging times. 3 fully paid up members including myself at the club. We are very active and both participate and volunteer with teams...not one of us got a ticket. Wife and I would be season ticket holders also but no options to purchase...ah well! Suppose you have to expect it in current times but a real pain in the ar$e nonetheless!

I just about got sorted by the skin of my teeth and I would consider myself an active member.  Was talking to another member who goes to the vast majority of our club matches (adult and youth) and who was at the last Tyrone 2 games in Croke Park and he hadn't got one.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: iorras on September 07, 2021, 11:01:02 AM
Whats peoples views on going up without one? I'd say there's very little chance of getting one on the day but I'm asking more about pubs and stuff and watching it up there. Talking to Cork people after the hurling they were saying pubs were rammed full and there were queues outside even when the match was going on, supposed to be table service and all that. Couple of pubs were shut down becuase they let people order at the bar and act like old times. The expectation is that the Guards will be all over it for the football knowing what mad hoors the Mayo and Tyrone gang are for the beer.
Its probably better to just stay at home if no ticket I imagine?

Was great atmosphere on the day and leading up to the hurling final match, every pub was full, Meagher's was decent, that was leading up to the match then it was like a ghost town! I've been up before looking for a ticket with a lad I know, I had a ticket he hadn't, so I sold mine rather than leave him standing there like a lost soul!

I'd say after the match everyone is looking to head back, I don't think I would go down again with being sure Id get a ticket.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 07, 2021, 11:37:18 AM

You are the perfect example of who should get a ticket, you do everything right... that would piss me off

Then I heard of employees of a sponsor being handed out multiple tickets because they can't give them away.

Rossfan

I know a chap who works for AIG, who gets a freebie corporate ticket for every AI Final >:(
And he from  a Munster hurling County!!
How about offering Corporates and Club officers free tickets to the AI semi finals and then having a draw for Final tickets among those who took them up?
I don't know how many Tyrone season ticket holders there were but surely the CB could have reserved a few for them.
Our CB put 10 of their share of 1,049 for the SFC game v Galway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tc_manchester

I've never seen tickets so tight. I'm a Tyrone man residing in Kildare. I'm secretary of the youth section of our club, manage 1 team and give a dig out for 2 others. 10 tickets where fed out to the Kildare clubs. A draw was done and 5 clubs got 2 tickets each. Still a member at home but had no joy there. Going to head up to Dublin anyway. As a Mayo man in the estate said to me it's best to win or lose amongst your own. At least the people around you will understand what your feeling.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 07, 2021, 11:43:10 AM
Whats peoples views on going up without one? I'd say there's very little chance of getting one on the day but I'm asking more about pubs and stuff and watching it up there. Talking to Cork people after the hurling they were saying pubs were rammed full and there were queues outside even when the match was going on, supposed to be table service and all that. Couple of pubs were shut down becuase they let people order at the bar and act like old times. The expectation is that the Guards will be all over it for the football knowing what mad hoors the Mayo and Tyrone gang are for the beer.

Was great atmosphere on the day and leading up to the hurling final match, every pub was full, Meagher's was decent, that was leading up to the match then it was like a ghost town! I've been up before looking for a ticket with a lad I know, I had a ticket he hadn't, so I sold mine rather than leave him standing there like a lost soul!

I'd say after the match everyone is looking to head back, I don't think I would go down again with being sure Id get a ticket.

What's the story with vaccine passports and all that craic? Needed or not  for a bite to eat and a few scoops pre match?
We a all fully vaccinated but just have the vaccination card you get in the north.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Milltown Row2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 07, 2021, 03:13:25 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 07, 2021, 11:43:10 AM

What's the story with vaccine passports and all that craic? Needed or not  for a bite to eat and a few scoops pre match?
We a all fully vaccinated but just have the vaccination card you get in the north.

No one asked me at the pub we were at and they were flat out serving drink, the Guinness guy never stop pulling pints the whole 2 hours I was there.

I'd say there are other pubs that will ask but good luck getting a bite to eat, maybe further out in the likes of the City North or somewhere way before you  head in.. the bars outside were rammed

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 07, 2021, 03:13:25 PM

But, you can get the cert up north too: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/coronavirus-covid-19-covid-certificate-ni-residents
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

joemamas

really feel for you.
I started a thread on attendence in June and the potential problems that one be faced, Never in my wildest drunkiness did I think we would be over 90% fully vaccinated and this same shit show would be present.

GAA deserve a good share of the blame, they only had three or four months to plan for staggered entry and ID check.
if you were told the only way you could get in to see game was to show up three hours before, would you. Answer Yes.
I think back to Mayo V Donegal in Castlebar two years ago, folks were in the ground two to three hours before.

Leo and Tony and HSE should be ashamed embarrased, that they are restricting attandence to 50%, in an outdoor arena, where 90+ % of population are vaccinated.
Anfield and Old Trafford dont have these restrictions. There should be a lot of Anger and frustration directed at both the GAA and Govt (sorry HSE)
Side note, last orders still at 10.45pm , what is the science behind this. Just embarrassing.

Cobra

Quote from: Rossfan on September 07, 2021, 12:49:03 PM
I know a chap who works for AIG, who gets a freebie corporate ticket for every AI Final >:(
And he from  a Munster hurling County!!
How about offering Corporates and Club officers free tickets to the AI semi finals and then having a draw for Final tickets among those who took them up?
I don't know how many Tyrone season ticket holders there were but surely the CB could have reserved a few for them.
Our CB put 10 of their share of 1,049 for the SFC game v Galway.

Listen it's an All Ireland Final, some tickets are of course going to be reserved for corporate sponsors.

JoG2

Quote from: joemamas on September 07, 2021, 03:42:42 PM

really feel for you.
I started a thread on attendence in June and the potential problems that one be faced, Never in my wildest drunkiness did I think we would be over 90% fully vaccinated and this same shit show would be present.

GAA deserve a good share of the blame, they only had three or four months to plan for staggered entry and ID check.
if you were told the only way you could get in to see game was to show up three hours before, would you. Answer Yes.
I think back to Mayo V Donegal in Castlebar two years ago, folks were in the ground two to three hours before.

Leo and Tony and HSE should be ashamed embarrased, that they are restricting attandence to 50%, in an outdoor arena, where 90+ % of population are vaccinated.
Anfield and Old Trafford dont have these restrictions. There should be a lot of Anger and frustration directed at both the GAA and Govt (sorry HSE)
Side note, last orders still at 10.45pm , what is the science behind this. Just embarrassing.

Over 80%

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

StPatsAbu

Quote from: larryin89 on September 07, 2021, 09:11:56 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on September 07, 2021, 09:05:09 AM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on September 06, 2021, 11:24:13 PM
Can any Armagh people holding 10 year tickets pass them over immediately to their Tyrone neighbours as you know you won't see Croker this decade!  ;D

And if we ever needed reminding as to why everyone outside of Tyrone are supporting Mayo :-)

Yep that's bad craic and that's why I always prefer Armagh over Tyrone.  Any ticket ?

You prefer Armagh cos they never win anything. The same way as everyone likes wee Leitrim.