All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clarshack on September 05, 2021, 09:42:08 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 05, 2021, 06:52:06 PM
Can anyone shed light on how many tickets Tyrone gave to clubs ?

Not sure yet but have some clubs allowed ticketmaster to sort their tickets while other clubs have done it themselves? Anyone else confirm this?

Confused about this one, clubs have given ticketmaster their allocation of tickets to hand out to its members or just random Tyrone supporters?

Is that because the club couldn't find enough people to take them or do they make money off it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 05, 2021, 10:09:43 PM

Not sure yet but have some clubs allowed ticketmaster to sort their tickets while other clubs have done it themselves? Anyone else confirm this?

Confused about this one, clubs have given ticketmaster their allocation of tickets to hand out to its members or just random Tyrone supporters?

Is that because the club couldn't find enough people to take them or do they make money off it?

It is very confusing. The way I've taken it is that some clubs have possibly handed in a list of names of club members to ticketmaster to sort therefore washing their hands of it all, whereas some clubs have decided to not risk that scenario in case a club member that deserves a ticket doesn't get one? You only have to look at different clubs Facebook pages to see that not all clubs are reading off the same script on this.

Milltown Row2

Surely do the live Facebook draw from the club rooms? Our club has been doing that for years!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Redhand Santa

I'm not sure why but I believe the tickets were in two batches. Clubs put a list for the online tickets but were also given some physical tickets to give out. A lot of members left disappointed in clubs with the numbers being well below the requests - I've heard of clubs with 350 requests for just over 200 tickets. In terms of the numbers the clubs got I'm assuming it must have been 8/9,000 anyway. A lot of the bigger clubs seemed to have around 200, have heard of a smaller one with 150 (their is around 50 clubs in Tyrone).

larryin89

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 06, 2021, 07:58:29 AM
I'm not sure why but I believe the tickets were in two batches. Clubs put a list for the online tickets but were also given some physical tickets to give out. A lot of members left disappointed in clubs with the numbers being well below the requests - I've heard of clubs with 350 requests for just over 200 tickets. In terms of the numbers the clubs got I'm assuming it must have been 8/9,000 anyway. A lot of the bigger clubs seemed to have around 200, have heard of a smaller one with 150 (their is around 50 clubs in Tyrone).

But that would nearly be the guts of your whole allocation,  mayo only gave 5000 to clubs
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 06, 2021, 07:58:29 AM

How many paid up members are there in the clubs? the biggest clubs get with the bigger membership get more tickets based on that. so If a club has 300 members then it will get a percentage and that will filter right down, the thing is even if there was 80,000 allowed you'll still get people not getting tickets..

Would not feel happy about getting an 'emailed' ticket that's for sure

Boycey

Quote from: clarshack on September 05, 2021, 10:26:10 PM

It is very confusing. The way I've taken it is that some clubs have possibly handed in a list of names of club members to ticketmaster to sort therefore washing their hands of it all, whereas some clubs have decided to not risk that scenario in case a club member that deserves a ticket doesn't get one? You only have to look at different clubs Facebook pages to see that not all clubs are reading off the same script on this.

At the Ulster final stage each Monaghan club (and presumably Tyrone?) handled applications from club members by holding their own draw but submitting the winners names and email addresses to Ticketmaster and the tickets were paid for and downloaded via ticketmasters online portal... A lot less messy for clubs i'm sure?

I know this cause I had to print out about 5 different sets of tickets for less 'technical' friends of mine  :)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on September 06, 2021, 10:09:08 AM

At the Ulster final stage each Monaghan club (and presumably Tyrone?) handled applications from club members by holding their own draw but submitting the winners names and email addresses to Ticketmaster and the tickets were paid for and downloaded via ticketmasters online portal... A lot less messy for clubs i'm sure?

I know this cause I had to print out about 5 different sets of tickets for less 'technical' friends of mine  :)

Less difficult than heading to your club have a few pints/juice and get the tickets?

Personally I'd prefer to get a physical ticket, I've all mine in a tin box with all the programs from over the years

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2021, 10:18:31 AM

Less difficult than heading to your club have a few pints/juice and get the tickets?

Personally I'd prefer to get a physical ticket, I've all mine in a tin box with all the programs from over the years

Easier for the club. No money changing hands, no people all meeting up to collect tickets, no people deciding not to take tickets last minute. Just less crap for a club to do.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Cobra

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 06, 2021, 10:34:59 AM

Easier for the club. No money changing hands, no people all meeting up to collect tickets, no people deciding not to take tickets last minute. Just less crap for a club to do.

I love the new way. It's straight forward and efficient. As you say takes a load of stress out of it for the clubs.

Boycey

I too lament the day of the physical ticket, I have stubs going back over 40 years and the memories attached to them flood back every time I come across them in the drawer they are in. I've threatened loads of times to get them mounted in a couple of frames....

But jaysus the online/phone way is the future... The amount of admin it reduces is savage

Milltown Row2

I bought the house off a Tyrone man, in the the garage there is a stub for the 1986 football final.. Kerry won handy that day

clarshack

Prefer to get a physical ticket also. I still have all my final tickets going back to the 1986 final and a computer printout would look stupid beside them.

Rossfan

Ahhh we should never have moved from the quill.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

PMG1

Quote from: Cobra on September 06, 2021, 10:36:21 AM

I love the new way. It's straight forward and efficient. As you say takes a load of stress out of it for the clubs.

As someone deeply involved in the distribution of the tickets I can wholeheartedly say this is definitely not less stress on the clubs and in addition not fair on our members, would be strongly pushing the county boards to lobby the GAA to go back to the old system