All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: clarshack on September 02, 2021, 10:46:57 AM
is it the clubs allocating the tickets? or is it the same process as the previous 2 games in Croke park where you will have to download/print the tickets from a GAA ticketmaster account?

Same as previous in Mayo anyway. In pods of two so I'm hoping the other fella doesn't make a balls of mine,!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lone Shark

Lads, anyone who thinks sending two tickets to a club in Wicklow or Carlow is the wrong thing to do badly needs to spend a year actively involved in their club's administration, so they can get a feel for quite how much is involved in being a club secretary, treasurer or chairperson. All-Ireland final tickets is the GAA's way of recognising that effort, which goes way above and beyond what any supporter does for any county. Even at that, nine times out of ten those people won't even use the ticket - it'll get given to the U-12 coach who has a first cousin playing in the game, or the Mayo lad who moved into the parish and now sells 20 lotto tickets a week in his workplace, or it'll be put up for raffle as part of a fundraiser. Even if they do go, then yeah, they probably weren't at a game all year - because every other day, the county game clashes with the club U-13 fixture, or a county board meeting, or some other official duty.

The happy-go-lucky, doesn't-go-to-a-game-all-year attendee is almost certainly there through sponsorship in one way or another, either at a county or a national level, and is probably high up in marketing in Centra, or Allianz, or Kelloggs, or some company like that. And again - if you don't understand the importance of keeping sponsors happy, you don't understand the GAA either.

larryin89

Shur you just proved the point for the other side of the argument "9 times out of 10 they wont use them "
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

clarshack

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 02, 2021, 11:11:20 AM
is it the clubs allocating the tickets? or is it the same process as the previous 2 games in Croke park where you will have to download/print the tickets from a GAA ticketmaster account?

Same as previous in Mayo anyway. In pods of two so I'm hoping the other fella doesn't make a balls of mine,!

surely if you've been (Tyrone or Mayo) to the provincial final and all-ireland semi-final in Croke Park you should get preference for the final?, and they should be able to tell then who was went previously or not.

Rossfan

Genuine question
Who contributes the more money to the GAA (in normal times) - Sponsors or the great unwashed who pay into games at all levels?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mayo4Sam14

If the allocation is only 2000 less than usual, then how have season ticket holders only ended up with 500?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

"This year, Mayo and Tyrone are getting 11,450. The difference is in the quality of the tickets - they're getting much more stand tickets this time because we're not using the terraces."

He's hardly saying the hill is closed?? I feel like I'm about to go into Kevin Keegan mode. How in the name of f*** are they justifying closing the hill, opening it for Dublin (non reduced capacity on the hill) and then closing it again for a game with a bigger capacity

rosnarun

Quote from: clarshack on September 02, 2021, 11:57:57 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 02, 2021, 11:11:20 AM

surely if you've been (Tyrone or Mayo) to the provincial final and all-ireland semi-final in Croke Park you should get preference for the final?, and they should be able to tell then who was went previously or not.
i dont get that logic at all ,
Despite my every effort i did not get a ticket for the Dublin game. why should that rule me out of the Final ??? i could well make the opposite  argument . that those  lucky   to see that match  should sit this one out . im not going to start whinging about all the matches i do go to as though it was some kinda penance (though Ennis isnt far off but its better than Kilmichael) as there are just not enough tickets to go Around , and there will be far more without than within
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

trueblue1234

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2021, 12:17:46 PM
"This year, Mayo and Tyrone are getting 11,450. The difference is in the quality of the tickets - they're getting much more stand tickets this time because we're not using the terraces."

He's hardly saying the hill is closed?? I feel like I'm about to go into Kevin Keegan mode. How in the name of f*** are they justifying closing the hill, opening it for Dublin (non reduced capacity on the hill) and then closing it again for a game with a bigger capacity

The hill is definitely open, but very limited allocations.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 02, 2021, 12:22:47 PM

According to who? He just said there that they're not being used, and there was absolutely no limited allocation in the semi final

rosnarun

Quote from: Rossfan on September 02, 2021, 11:58:19 AM
Genuine question
Who contributes the more money to the GAA (in normal times) - Sponsors or the great unwashed who pay into games at all levels?
Apparently have of Croke park- the stadium -  income is derived from non sporting  activities. which would never even include what we normaly think of as sponsors
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Mayo4Sam14

So half the allocation to the two counties actually f**cking playing, where does the other half go

trueblue1234

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2021, 12:25:33 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 02, 2021, 12:22:47 PM

According to who? He just said there that they're not being used, and there was absolutely no limited allocation in the semi final

Our club were told they are getting 14 hill tickets. Maybe that's incorrect but they were quoting prices for hill tickets as well 50 Eur.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

City Dweller

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2021, 12:37:04 PM
So half the allocation to the two counties actually f**cking playing, where does the other half go

The 30 other Counties?

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: City Dweller on September 02, 2021, 12:40:10 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2021, 12:37:04 PM

The 30 other Counties?

Surely a very low priority in a half capacity stadium