Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

50% capacity confirmed.  an extra 1150 tickets... :(
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Blowitupref

Quote from: Tubberman on September 01, 2021, 03:11:17 PM
50% capacity confirmed.  an extra 1150 tickets... :(
Could have went with the 75% but not surprised they didn't. The government simply didn't give them enough time.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

thebackbar1

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 01, 2021, 12:07:48 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 01, 2021, 10:45:37 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 01, 2021, 10:30:40 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 01, 2021, 09:07:20 AM
Just get the feeling for some reason GAA are not bothered about pushing crowd out to 60k for some reason .

If I were a Mayo or Tyrone person who had been going along to games and supporting the GAA over the years, I'd be pissed off if the GAA has the opportunity to take my money and let me see my county in the final, but couldn't be bothered making the effort.

I'm at the age where I accept organizations like the GAA dont give two fooks how I feel . I could write ya an essay on my dedication in following the county team but shur what use is it , nobody gives a fook , they only laugh at ya . Every raffle in the country at the moment has two tickets to giveaway.  Clubs in kilkenny ffs have four tickets for a football final with a 50% reduction in capacity , how does that come about ?

Exactly, yes I know there are people from all over Ireland that want to see the showpiece of the football calendar, but there should be an exception made this year and give the two competing counties 20,000 or so each.

Do you want to rephrase that ?

Exactly, yes I know there are gaa volunteers up and down the country who have kept our clubs going in exceedingly difficult times over the past 18 months who would like to see the all Ireland, but gaa should screw them and give the two competing counties 20,000 tickets or so each.

If you were an officer of a gaa club over the past 18 months you would think twice about this. From my experience 99% of the gaa members didn't bother with gaa activity until training resumed in june 2020, whilst club officers were left stuck wondering how on earth they were going to pay back the clubs loan in March/April/May 2020 

Rossfan

Club officers in the other 30 Counties don't don't do it for All Ireland tickets.
Most of them wouldn't be so childish as to say "fck this I didn't get an AI ticket in the pandemic year, that's me finished with he GAA"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

If I'm totally honest I find it bizarre youd go to the bother of attending a game your own county isnt involved in .if you paid me to go to watch dub v kerry I wouldn't go and it wouldnt sit right thinking I'd be taking a ticket off some unfortunate soul who travels round the country supporting his/her county
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

thebackbar1

Quote from: larryin89 on September 01, 2021, 04:24:01 PM
If I'm totally honest I find it bizarre youd go to the bother of attending a game your own county isnt involved in .if you paid me to go to watch dub v kerry I wouldn't go and it wouldnt sit right thinking I'd be taking a ticket off some unfortunate soul who travels round the country supporting his/her county
There is that, but this is a long standing policy within the GAA, This isn't the year to change it. There are plenty of Mayo and Tyrone people involved in GAA clubs throughout the country who are expecting tickets. Nearly every GAA club in Galway has a Mayo person on the executive.

Tubberman

Quote from: thebackbar1 on September 01, 2021, 04:35:18 PM
There is that, but this is a long standing policy within the GAA, This isn't the year to change it. There are plenty of Mayo and Tyrone people involved in GAA clubs throughout the country who are expecting tickets. Nearly every GAA club in Galway has a Mayo person on the executive.

This is EXACTLY the year to change it ffs
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Redhand Santa

Do you really think Mayo or Tyrone have 20,000 fans who travel around the country supporting them?

larryin89

Not really arguing about this and I understand all views , I'm a tad disappointed so perhaps emotion is getting the better me , wouldnt be the first time haha. Look the crux of my point is I know of three different people who got their hands on tickets and quite frankly they are just event junkies , it's mostly that type of stuff that gets to me but it will never change so that's the way it is . Am I bitter , yes I am if I'm honest,  when you think back to only a couple of months ago in McHale park v leitrim , getting up early sunday morning into town to get the train down to castlebar , it pissing rain and they couldn't even sell 3600 tickets for it ,2k is all that showed up . That drives me mental . That's the end of my rants ,uye will be glad to hear I'm sure . Mayo for sam but this time it's happening for real .Hup
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Wildweasel74

Same old crap come final time , getting Tyrone people texting look out for a ticket if I come across one for the final. 1. I ain't a club sec any more or not been for yrs. 2. I detest persons who never went near a game all f**king year or year before and get a ticket in front of supporters who attended league games and are genuine supporters. Just to say I was at the final.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 01, 2021, 10:00:07 PM
Same old crap come final time , getting Tyrone people texting look out for a ticket if I come across one for the final. 1. I ain't a club sec any more or not been for yrs. 2. I detest persons who never went near a game all f**king year or year before and get a ticket in front of supporters who attended league games and are genuine supporters. Just to say I was at the final.
Do you have one spare?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Wildweasel74

Redhand Santa

Quote from: larryin89 on September 01, 2021, 05:18:12 PM
Not really arguing about this and I understand all views , I'm a tad disappointed so perhaps emotion is getting the better me , wouldnt be the first time haha. Look the crux of my point is I know of three different people who got their hands on tickets and quite frankly they are just event junkies , it's mostly that type of stuff that gets to me but it will never change so that's the way it is . Am I bitter , yes I am if I'm honest,  when you think back to only a couple of months ago in McHale park v leitrim , getting up early sunday morning into town to get the train down to castlebar , it pissing rain and they couldn't even sell 3600 tickets for it ,2k is all that showed up . That drives me mental . That's the end of my rants ,uye will be glad to hear I'm sure . Mayo for sam but this time it's happening for real .Hup

The distribution of tickets is the biggest issue. 11,000 tickets is more than enough to satisfy the genuine Mayo or Tyrone fans. Tyrone didn't have demand near that for the ulster final and I'd imagine didn't sell more than that for the semi final. So the issue is the people looking to attend 1 game in the year because it's a final who wouldn't be seen at a club or county game all year. I'd rather a hard working club person in another county who goes to matches all year got a ticket for the biggest day of the year than that type of fan.

The problem is that because of the scramble in counties some genuine fans will miss out and that is the only reason I can see for increasing the allocation. The season ticket was great for rewarding genuine fans of the county who struggled to get decent tickets through their club or who were in a club that allocated them randomly through draws.

Milltown Row2

Why supporters are angry at other counties getting the absolute bare minimum of final tickets when bandwagon jumpers who'll only turn out at a 'final' is beyond me, if you are going to be angry and annoyed, then that's the cohort to be ensuring they don't get a ticket and be vocal about it.

I can see why people from those counties who won't get a ticket this year, of all years, will be pissed off, but its a shared association and while we were all chasing a ticket its counties that don't ever get to Croke or its very limited for them, to go and watch the showpiece, hopefully a cracking game makes up for that missing out with your own county. Some begrudgers about
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

is it the clubs allocating the tickets? or is it the same process as the previous 2 games in Croke park where you will have to download/print the tickets from a GAA ticketmaster account?