All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

You don't need legislation, you can scan vaccination certs as quickly as you can scan tickets, a double scan would slow things down but not so much. Set up a booth well away from the ticket stiles where people with paper certs and excuses can come along and get something done.
It would require restricting to over 12s. Perhaps the government could agree to a small family zone for player's families etc where this could be relaxed.
Make clear that anyone producing fraudulent documents would be banned from all GAA premises for life.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

MayoBuck

Quote from: armaghniac on August 31, 2021, 07:05:58 PM
You don't need legislation, you can scan vaccination certs as quickly as you can scan tickets, a double scan would slow things down but not so much. Set up a booth well away from the ticket stiles where people with paper certs and excuses can come along and get something done.
It would require restricting to over 12s. Perhaps the government could agree to a small family zone for player's families etc where this could be relaxed.
Make clear that anyone producing fraudulent documents would be banned from all GAA premises for life.

Unvaccinated minors can still attend with adults.

CK_Redhand

Quote from: MayoBuck on August 31, 2021, 07:43:44 PM

Unvaccinated minors can still attend with adults.
Tyrone minors played last week though.

armaghniac

Quote from: clarshack on August 31, 2021, 08:35:10 PM

Vaccinated folk can still transmit the virus, if they were to go down the road of a much bigger capacity then ask all attendees for proof of a negative test instead.

You could do this, but it is much more complex. Vaccinated people are much less likely to have Covid and so infect anyone, it is a reasonable measure to restrict access to such people who have acted to end this pandemic.

larryin89

Just get the feeling for some reason GAA are not bothered about pushing crowd out to 60k for some reason .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

armaghniac

Quote from: larryin89 on September 01, 2021, 09:07:20 AM
Just get the feeling for some reason GAA are not bothered about pushing crowd out to 60k for some reason .

If I were a Mayo or Tyrone person who had been going along to games and supporting the GAA over the years, I'd be pissed off if the GAA has the opportunity to take my money and let me see my county in the final, but couldn't be bothered making the effort. 

larryin89

Quote from: armaghniac on September 01, 2021, 10:30:40 AM

If I were a Mayo or Tyrone person who had been going along to games and supporting the GAA over the years, I'd be pissed off if the GAA has the opportunity to take my money and let me see my county in the final, but couldn't be bothered making the effort.

I'm at the age where I accept organizations like the GAA dont give two fooks how I feel . I could write ya an essay on my dedication in following the county team but shur what use is it , nobody gives a fook , they only laugh at ya . Every raffle in the country at the moment has two tickets to giveaway.  Clubs in kilkenny ffs have four tickets for a football final with a 50% reduction in capacity , how does that come about ?

larryin89

Donnelly rules out extra attendance for football final . And goes on to say that no data suggests these event have been super spreaders and very well ran , it's in the pubs in the participating counties the problem lies .

Jesus wept I'm now convinced they are genuinely thick.  How does that make sense ?

Rossfan

I'd suspect the GAA didn't want the hassle of checking 60,000 vaccination certs and turning away anyone that hadn't one?
Also they're probably happy enough to have got 24k x4 for the Semis and 80k at the 2 Finals.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on September 01, 2021, 11:34:58 AM
I'd suspect the GAA didn't want the hassle of checking 60,000 vaccination certs and turning away anyone that hadn't one?
Also they're probably happy enough to have got 24k x4 for the Semis and 80k at the 2 Finals.

Possibly I dunno,  Donnelly s words were this morning "its highley unlikely " but connacht telegraph just put up a post saying "gaa to meet govt today to discuss extra attendance for football final "

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on September 01, 2021, 10:45:37 AM

I'm at the age where I accept organizations like the GAA dont give two fooks how I feel . I could write ya an essay on my dedication in following the county team but shur what use is it , nobody gives a fook , they only laugh at ya . Every raffle in the country at the moment has two tickets to giveaway.  Clubs in kilkenny ffs have four tickets for a football final with a 50% reduction in capacity , how does that come about ?

Exactly, yes I know there are people from all over Ireland that want to see the showpiece of the football calendar, but there should be an exception made this year and give the two competing counties 20,000 or so each.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Maybe the Minister is telling the GAA "we'll be cutting Government  subvention by the equivalent € of 20k tickets".
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hound

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 01, 2021, 12:07:48 PM

Exactly, yes I know there are people from all over Ireland that want to see the showpiece of the football calendar, but there should be an exception made this year and give the two competing counties 20,000 or so each.
100% agree.

JoG2

Quote from: Hound on September 01, 2021, 01:01:50 PM

100% agree.

Absolutely agree

hoynevalley

100%