All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

I think the actual allocation for both counties is roughly what it normally is but the trickle down of tickets from other sources to the competing counties will be badly hit.

In other years each club in my county (circa 35) received 4 tickets for both hurling and football finals. This year for hurling (and presumably football) the clubs were placed in a hat with 16 clubs drawn out to be allocated 2 tickets each. That's a fall from 140 to 32.

These are the tickets that feed back to the competing counties and where the shortfall will come....

Cunny Funt

Quote from: clarshack on August 30, 2021, 10:05:29 AM
In previous years anyone who deserved a final ticket got one in the end. will it be the same this year? were there any stories coming out of Limerick or Cork about people who should have got a ticket not getting one?

Bit of a myth. And this year plenty that "deserve" tickets will not be in attendance. The double whammy is no homecoming for the winner and the Sam Maguire Cup kept in Croke Park. Many that didn't get tickets in previous years at least had the latter to look forward to/attend.

Rossfan

As someone said there's no right answer but those "trickle down" tickets ...... are obviously not wanted by those getting them in the first place.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

clarshack

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 30, 2021, 11:39:27 AM
In previous years anyone who deserved a final ticket got one in the end. will it be the same this year? were there any stories coming out of Limerick or Cork about people who should have got a ticket not getting one?

Bit of a myth. And this year plenty that "deserve" tickets will not be in attendance. The double whammy is no homecoming for the winner and the Sam Maguire Cup kept in Croke Park. Many that didn't get tickets in previous years at least had the latter to look forward to/attend.

Is the Sam Maguire Cup kept by Croke Park until next season then?

larryin89

Quote from: clarshack on August 30, 2021, 12:09:38 PM

I doubt that ,govt says all restrictions will be lifted before xmas , October weekend I'd I'd hazard a guess the cup will be brought to its rightful home in omagh or castlebar. 
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Quote from: larryin89 on August 30, 2021, 12:15:17 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 30, 2021, 12:09:38 PM

I doubt that ,govt says all restrictions will be lifted before xmas , October weekend I'd I'd hazard a guess the cup will be brought to its rightful home in omagh or castlebar.

Home coming with Sam Maguire on board on the evening or day after the All-Ireland final is a huge loss to any All Ireland success with the scenes/memories of raw emotions it can create. Waiting until October will not be the same and I doubt HQ will allow that to happen in October.

Rossfan

As long as it's kept out of Ballagh.......

larryin89

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on August 30, 2021, 07:01:41 PM

Well the bye-pass is there to keep us all out.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 30, 2021, 08:49:58 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 30, 2021, 07:01:41 PM

Well the bye-pass is there to keep us all out.

I dunno, i might go through the town on the way down for the craic. beeping the horn to let them know we're home
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

Ya'll have another few mile to go to get home to Mayo.
If ye have no Ros men in the 26 ye'll win it ;)

rrhf

Aye thats the real curse...  ;)
Honestly, if they hand a mayo man that cup, you would imagine they will have to wrestle it back off him.. Has Biden sent his best wishes yet... 

armaghniac

As per the discussion after the Government announcement today, the GAA could have 60,000 at the final if they check vaccinations.
I expect they won't do this, but they are foregoing €1m and the opportunity for 20,000 fans to attend.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

larryin89

Quote from: armaghniac on August 31, 2021, 06:30:00 PM
As per the discussion after the Government announcement today, the GAA could have 60,000 at the final if they check vaccinations.
I expect they won't do this, but they are foregoing €1m and the opportunity for 20,000 fans to attend.

Not happening unfortunately.  There was whispers on sundsy evening about such a scenario but my understanding is  GAA are not that concerned and have settled for an extra 1000 tickets only .

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose