All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: larryin89 on August 28, 2021, 09:33:30 PM
Willing to pay over the odds if anyone knows anybody ?

Likewise! Long time going with season ticket but that's out the window now
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

An Watcher

Captain Obvious

Quote from: An Watcher on August 28, 2021, 10:58:19 PM
How many will be allowed in?
40,000. County allocations 12,000 each the rest going to sponsors and corporate partners.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 28, 2021, 11:30:48 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on August 28, 2021, 10:58:19 PM
How many will be allowed in?
40,000. County allocations 12,000 each the rest going to sponsors and corporate partners.

Mayo have over 10,000. Just over 5,000 distributed to clubs.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Whispers there will be a meeting this morning to discuss the possibility of adding 10k to the attendance .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Milltown Row2

Be very careful with the tickets and where you get them, seen at least 4 people on hurling final day at my line alone being turned away at the turnstile with either a ticket that was already used, or a fake...

Some where going up with a print out page, where tickets sent via email?

Also they had ran out out of the programs, I mean wtf! They were only needing 40,000 to be printed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Redhand Santa

Quote from: larryin89 on August 30, 2021, 07:19:04 AM
Whispers there will be a meeting this morning to discuss the possibility of adding 10k to the attendance .

Have Mayo not already been allocated tickets? Given the way they try to space everyone out it's hard to see how they could do it at this stage. Plus after the complaints around the hurling final it would be highly unlikely.

larryin89

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 30, 2021, 09:25:37 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 30, 2021, 07:19:04 AM

Have Mayo not already been allocated tickets? Given the way they try to space everyone out it's hard to see how they could do it at this stage. Plus after the complaints around the hurling final it would be highly unlikely.

I would of thought that but I'm only posting what a few people have said late last night but shur I've no way of knowing if there is any truth to it

Rossfan

It should be 17,500 to each of the Counties and  leave 5,000 to be divided among the "sacred cows".
It would be more than enough for them in the unusual circumstances of this pandemic year!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on August 30, 2021, 09:39:26 AM
It should be 17,500 to each of the Counties and  leave 5,000 to be divided among the "sacred cows".
It would be more than enough for them in the unusual circumstances of this pandemic year!

100%

clarshack

In previous years anyone who deserved a final ticket got one in the end. will it be the same this year? were there any stories coming out of Limerick or Cork about people who should have got a ticket not getting one?

thewobbler

Quote from: Rossfan on August 30, 2021, 09:39:26 AM
Mayo and Tyrone are two of the best supported teams in Ireland. Maybe numbers 2 and 3.

Yet neither has 17,500 fans that follow them around. Their hardcore support is half that.

And at the same time there are vastly more than 5,000 dedicated referees, administrators and sponsors who enable the games across the country, every single day of the year.

Rossfan

Those Refs, admins, etc don't do it to get an AI Final ticket for a match involving 2 other Counties.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thebackbar1

Quote from: Rossfan on August 30, 2021, 11:01:17 AM
Those Refs, admins, etc don't do it to get an AI Final ticket for a match involving 2 other Counties.
Possibly not, but I really don't see a good reason why they should not be granted tickets when they have always received them. It hasn't been an easy ride for the past 18 months for the chairpersons and secretaries of GAA clubs throughout the country, all-Ireland final tickets are a small token of gratitude to these people who are the lifeblood of our association.

larryin89

Yeah there is no right answer imo , everytime we get to a final we see the same valid points on both sides of the argument . I'm just not sure there are people in attendance who are there on merit in either side of the argument.  Personally I'm a lost cause because I forgot to renew my st in 2016 in time but I've always managed to source a ticket somewhere be it from england, USA or through someone else , I even got one from a lad in here on two occasions . But this year it's obviously tighter than ever and at this stage I'm kind of accepting I wont be there but I won't totally give in till 5pm 11th sept .  Theres an all Ireland to be won and me not getting a ticket is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things lol