All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westbound

Does anyone know if a davin stand ticket holder will be allowed access through a cusack stand turnstile?

guy crouchback

sid waddell

Quote from: Hound on September 30, 2016, 09:59:28 AM

Plenty of mysterious ways tickets get distributed...
Johnny have a talk
With your sister real soon
Tell her she won't be there
Unless she stands out from noon
You were looking all around
Saying you're a fan
You've been asking away
For just one Hogan Stand

Look
There's nothing
They let you down
Make sure you'll be there, just
Get in the ground

It's alright, it's alright, it's alright
They move in mysterious ways

Johnny stands at Quinn's
With his sister in the rain
Let her talk about the tickets
You can't obtain
As fans wheel and deal
Beg, borrow and steal
If you want to get a ticket
Better learn how to kneel (on your knees boy!)

She's afraid
She's gonna cry
That promised ticket was a lie...

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

maigheo

almost as bad as giving Michelle 2 comp tickets for the drawn game,tho it was the Mayo co. board responsible for that deed

Fuzzman

Has anyone ever bought a ticket on AI final day to realise it had been cancelled?

A friend of a friend bought a premium ticket on Sat for €80 and when he tried to go in they told him it had been cancelled and re-issued.

muppet

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 05, 2016, 12:22:25 PM
Has anyone ever bought a ticket on AI final day to realise it had been cancelled?

A friend of a friend bought a premium ticket on Sat for €80 and when he tried to go in they told him it had been cancelled and re-issued.

The seat number on the ticket would correspond to a name. He may have been the subject of a deliberate fraud, but not a very smart one given the previous sentence. I would definitely pursue it with Croke Park and maybe the cops, if it was me.

BTW the face value for a Premium is €150.
MWWSI 2017

rosnarun

Quote from: muppet on October 05, 2016, 02:54:20 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on October 05, 2016, 12:22:25 PM

are they available one a once off basis? i though they were all on a multi year basis
The seat number on the ticket would correspond to a name. He may have been the subject of a deliberate fraud, but not a very smart one given the previous sentence. I would definitely pursue it with Croke Park and maybe the cops, if it was me.

BTW the face value for a Premium is €150.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Fuzzman

Yeah I was wondering had the ticket owner reported it stolen and got a new one re-issued but went and sold it anyway.

How do you mean Ros? At the start of the year you are given a booklet with all the tickets for the year and you tear them off and use them for whatever games you go to.
Yeah I recommended that he bring it up with the premium people.

guy crouchback

did he buy it off a tout? why would anyone thing that a premium level ticket being sold for substantially less then its face value on AIF day be legit?
if he still has it and if it ever existed he would still have it i suppose then it can easily be traced to the person who originally purchased it, I'm sure Priomh will be interested in finding out if one of its members is touting tickets.

muppet

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 06, 2016, 10:31:42 AM
Yeah I was wondering had the ticket owner reported it stolen and got a new one re-issued but went and sold it anyway.

How do you mean Ros? At the start of the year you are given a booklet with all the tickets for the year and you tear them off and use them for whatever games you go to.
Yeah I recommended that he bring it up with the premium people.

There is also the possibility that it was a copy or photoshop job.
MWWSI 2017

larryin89

Willing to pay over the odds if anyone knows anybody ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: westbound on September 30, 2016, 11:25:28 AM
Does anyone know if a davin stand ticket holder will be allowed access through a cusack stand turnstile?

Definitely no.
Had a Cusack ticket for Dublin match, would usually be allowed through davin entrance. Weren't the last day
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!