All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashman

Mayo folk are involved in Dublin clubs and I assume many were lucky in lottery.  Also there are a lot of Mayo people scattered all over the country who are involved in clubs.  The same applies in the Uk and the US .

Also a lot of neutrals were cheering for the underdog.  Finally the Dublin support seemed muted and probably expectant .

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Lookit, Heffo was the authorised retailer and I was just minding the 14,000 tickets that he sold me, for a tenner.

Nothing to see here.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

I heard the Brazilian police sent back 12000.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

macdanger2

Quote from: highorlow on September 21, 2016, 09:02:12 AM
http://www.joe.ie/sport/influential-dublin-gaa-fan-page-threaten-boycott-over-distribution-of-all-ireland-final-tickets/560967

This is like reading something from waterford whispers.  Is this Fennell lad for real?

Jesus, yer man is some clown  ;D ;D ;D ;D Although about what you'd expect on joe.ie

For a start

QuoteHe said he knew of individuals and families that went to all of Dublin's games this year and couldn't get a ticket to the final on Sunday. Fennell called for the GAA to introduce a "rewards system" so that the most loyal fans don't miss out on the biggest game of the year.

A rewards system, good idea. Oh, what's this.....

QuoteThe GAA Season Ticket rewards supporters who attend 60% or more of the total number of matches their county plays in the National League and All-Ireland Championship in a season with a ticket for the All-Ireland Final, but Fennell said that many supporters he knew weren't able to afford it.

I think he needs to check up on how the ST works - all these fans he knows of that went to all of Dublin's games would actually save money by buying the ST works.

Anyway, if any GAABoarders have spare tickets knocking about, be sure to post it on the Mayo page first  :)

Mayo4Sam

I laughed at that too, these lads that were at all the games but couldn't get a final ticket and simultaneously couldn't afford to buy a season ticket.
Maybe it was the tenner they paid from Roscommon to Carrick that put them over the edge.

Its a good job they don't say for water, or health, or travel or rent
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Asal Mor

Obviously if someone's going to all the games they should get a season ticket but it's a system could be improved too. If you go to 60% of the games you'll get your final ticket but you'll be charged for 95% of the games including the 35% you can't attend. That might be an insignificant cost to some, but would rule out the season ticket as an option for others. It's becoming more exclusively middle class to follow your team all the way through the season. You have to fork out for Sky Sports too if you want to follow all the games, and listen to commentary/analysis that doesn't give you brain damage. A day at the Galway races is a cheaper option than going to a  Galway hurling match, even if you never picked a winner.

The Aristocrat

Is there is a limit on the GAA ticket, thought Dublins was maxed out with the PP pass and GAA ticket is around 10k or so?

Crete Boom

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 22, 2016, 08:21:59 AM
Is there is a limit on the GAA ticket, thought Dublins was maxed out with the PP pass and GAA ticket is around 10k or so?

Mayo and Dublin are the only two counties to have reached the limit on the GAA season ticket and there is a waiting list for both. The Parnell Pass and Cairde Maigh Eo schemes are controlled by the County Boards so I don't know what is the story with them!

Jinxy

You have to understand that there are people in Dublin who think the first round of the Leinster championship is the start of their season.

Canalman

Quote from: Jinxy on September 22, 2016, 11:04:51 AM
You have to understand that there are people in Dublin who think the first round of the Leinster championship is the start of their season.

And people in Meath  who think it is the end of their own season. 

Sorry , couldn't resist.

Jinxy

Our goal at the start of the year was to win the O'Byrne Cup.

Maroon Manc

Heard it all now, 14000 returns.

About 26,000 tickets go around the country to the non competing Counties so I'm fairly sure clubs are getting a lot more than 2 tickets each. From what I know there's a lot more Mayo people involved around the Country then Dubs and there's certainly a lot Mayo people involved in clubs around the world then Dubs, this is one reason why they might have got their hands on more tickets then the Dubs.

Some delegates have access to far too many tickets which leads to tickets been handed out the wrong type of people. I have no idea why someone thinks it fair for a delegate to have somewhere between 15-20 tickets.

Tubberman

Season tickets out today, and can be printed this time which is handier.
Moved from 311 to 308 as well, so that's an improvement!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

mayo.mick

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 22, 2016, 08:28:32 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 22, 2016, 08:21:59 AM

Mayo and Dublin are the only two counties to have reached the limit on the GAA season ticket and there is a waiting list for both. The Parnell Pass and Cairde Maigh Eo schemes are controlled by the County Boards so I don't know what is the story with them!

Cairde was taken over by Croke PArk last year, used to be run by Mayo CB when it came out in 2012. Hill 16 and the lower & upper Cusack season tickets are also run by Croke Park. Not sure about the Parnell Pass, is that run by DCB?
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick