All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: intoDwest on September 21, 2016, 09:41:47 AM
I would imagine that because Mayo were in the final a week before Dublin it gave a better chance for mayo people to put the speak in with other people for tickets. I know thats what we did the moment the semi final was over, any contact that we had was rang and asked for tickets and any spares that we had would only be passed on to Mayo people

I'm not referring to Paddy Joe texting his friend - I'm talking about the redistribution of tickets from Counties and Provincial councils.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: heffo on September 21, 2016, 09:44:01 AM
I would imagine that because Mayo were in the final a week before Dublin it gave a better chance for mayo people to put the speak in with other people for tickets. I know thats what we did the moment the semi final was over, any contact that we had was rang and asked for tickets and any spares that we had would only be passed on to Mayo people

I'm not referring to Paddy Joe texting his friend - I'm talking about the redistribution of tickets from Counties and Provincial councils.
How were they redistributed to disadvantage Dublin?

heffo

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 21, 2016, 09:54:46 AM

Was there something unclear about my first post?

Or do you mean specifically how were they physically distributed?

The Aristocrat

Mayo definitely outnumbered Dublin, how did they get more tickets? I thought Dublin had the largest season ticket numbers?

Dublin outnumbered 2/1, where did all the blow ins come from, who are these people?

intoDwest

"paddy joe" might have friends who are involved with county boards and clubs all over the country. Every club gets tickets, every senior county footballer gets 2 tickets if they want them and they can distribute them to anyone they want. Mayo just had a weeks head start in the asking

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: heffo on September 21, 2016, 09:56:56 AM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 21, 2016, 09:54:46 AM

Was there something unclear about my first post?

Or do you mean specifically how were they physically distributed?
What sort of tickets numbers are you talking about? Provincial councils and counties don't get a massive allocation. Most of the neutral tickets go directly to clubs and other units.

straightred

Do tickets really get sent back. I find that hard to believe given that you can hardly walk down the street without someone asking you for a ticket. I think its much more likely that mayo fans got their act together earlier and better regarding tickets. I know a few dubs who simply got caught out. They thought they'd rock into town on Sunday morning and get sorted out.

I also think Dublin fans need to let it go regarding their so called rights on the hill. Country counties are every bit as entitled to cheaper tickets. In fact you could argue that they are more entitled as a day out in Croker is much more expensive for them (but that's worthy of a separate thread).

Finally - I think (but could stand corrected) that season tickets come out of that counties allocations. That means for example significantly less tickets for the Dublin clubs

heffo

Quote from: intoDwest on September 21, 2016, 10:07:20 AM
"paddy joe" might have friends who are involved with county boards and clubs all over the country. Every club gets tickets, every senior county footballer gets 2 tickets if they want them and they can distribute them to anyone they want. Mayo just had a weeks head start in the asking

Again, I'm not referring to local arrangements between fellas knowing each other, I'm talking about the redistribution from county boards and provincial councils

heffo

Quote from: straightred on September 21, 2016, 10:12:55 AM

Do tickets really get sent back. I find that hard to believe given that you can hardly walk down the street without someone asking you for a ticket. I think its much more likely that mayo fans got their act together earlier and better regarding tickets. I know a few dubs who simply got caught out. They thought they'd rock into town on Sunday morning and get sorted out.

I also think Dublin fans need to let it go regarding their so called rights on the hill. Country counties are every bit as entitled to cheaper tickets. In fact you could argue that they are more entitled as a day out in Croker is much more expensive for them (but that's worthy of a separate thread).

Finally - I think (but could stand corrected) that season tickets come out of that counties allocations. That means for example significantly less tickets for the Dublin clubs

Tickets do get sent back - how do you think clubs in competing counties get an allocation on say the Thursday before the game and then additional tranches? It's absolutely standard practice.

I don't feel Dublin should have any exclusive access to the Hill, some Mayo clubs however were trying to swap their Hill allocation for Stand with Dublin clubs.

guy crouchback

Quote from: heffo on September 21, 2016, 10:14:49 AM

Again, I'm not referring to local arrangements between fellas knowing each other, I'm talking about the redistribution from county boards and provincial councils

even if that were true and there is no evidence that it is don't think those allocations would amount to any significant amount.
when we played donegal in 2012 we were well out numbered mainly because they had the extra week plus i think we thought we would source them easy enough due to mayo peoples natural networking abilities!! we were caught out but i think we all made sure it didn't happen again. plus the more finals you are in the better you get at it.
perhaps the Dublin fans much like their team were just a bit complacent this year.

heffo

Quote from: guy crouchback on September 21, 2016, 10:32:01 AM

even if that were true and there is no evidence that it is don't think those allocations would amount to any significant amount.
when we played donegal in 2012 we were well out numbered mainly because they had the extra week plus i think we thought we would source them easy enough due to mayo peoples natural networking abilities!! we were caught out but i think we all made sure it didn't happen again. plus the more finals you are in the better you get at it.
perhaps the Dublin fans much like their team were just a bit complacent this year.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: heffo on September 21, 2016, 10:36:25 AM

Again, what sort of numbers are you talking about here?

guy crouchback

you keep saying that but it seems to be something you have picked out of the air what county board allocations?  my understanding is that clubs all over the country get an allocation, these tickets are then  either returned to central council or used by the club ( more often then not these find there way to the competing counties on ''contacts'' basis) i found a breakdown of the 2011 final distribution and provincial councils got a total of 355 tickets.  if each county board gets a separate allocation there is no mention of it.

heffo

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 21, 2016, 10:38:17 AM

Again, what sort of numbers are you talking about here?

As I'm not a Provincial or county Secretary I can't give you an exact figure but going on what I know - it would be approximately 7,500-10,000 depending on the teams involved

AZOffaly

7,500-10,000 what? Returns? I can't see that heffo. Jaysus tickets for the football were like hens teeth, and I'd say everyone took their allocation and they were flying all over the country. I'd be amazed if there was a significant return of tickets for re-distribution.