All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

Quote from: never kickt a ball on September 18, 2016, 08:36:52 PM
Oh no............ here we go again......

Will they be cheaper for the replay?
They were reduced for the hurling replays of recent years so I would imagine so.

orangeman

Quote from: never kickt a ball on September 18, 2016, 08:36:52 PM
Oh no............ here we go again......

Will they be cheaper for the replay?

The final whistle had just sounded and a friend texted me looking for tickets for the replay. The early bird gets the worm.

blanketattack

Hurling were reduced to €50 and €25 and 5000 €10 juvenile tickets were available.

straightred

Quote from: blanketattack on September 19, 2016, 10:25:52 AM
Hurling were reduced to €50 and €25 and 5000 €10 juvenile tickets were available.

Announced as 60 and 30 with a limited number of tickets for 10euro for U16s. Have to say that this smacks of pure greed. 50 would have more than enough.

T Toatler

Got de email tonight. 60 for me and a tenner for the little lad. Very happy with that.

blanketattack

Quote from: straightred on September 19, 2016, 12:45:27 PM

Announced as 60 and 30 with a limited number of tickets for 10euro for U16s. Have to say that this smacks of pure greed. 50 would have more than enough.

Had to pay full whack in 2000 but I didn't mind  :)
Recent hurling replays wouldn't have been full houses if prices were kept the same but football replay would be different.
One thing I like about replays is all the people who fly home for the one big game are gone so makes it much easier for the rest to get tickets

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

stiffler

Did anyone pick up a ticket outside the ground on Sunday ?

Seen plenty of people looking tickets , but no one selling.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ziggy90

Quote from: blanketattack on September 20, 2016, 12:12:30 PM

Recent hurling replays wouldn't have been full houses if prices were kept the same but football replay would be different.
One thing I like about replays is all the people who fly home for the one big game are gone so makes it much easier for the rest to get tickets

I know plenty who are going back again for "the one big match".
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

The Aristocrat

Quote from: ziggy90 on September 20, 2016, 01:28:22 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on September 20, 2016, 12:12:30 PM

Yeah All Mayo, loads and loads of Mayo people in Dublin, tis crazy. All the neutrals crying out for a Dublin defeat will be out if force again too.

I know plenty who are going back again for "the one big match".

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Farrandeelin

Saw that yesterday all right. He's basically saying what we all know about the 'general' Dublin mindset that CP is their home ground and how dare the culchies from that backwater of a place out West have as many fans in CP as them.

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

heffo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 21, 2016, 09:18:11 AM
Saw that yesterday all right. He's basically saying what we all know about the 'general' Dublin mindset that CP is their home ground and how dare the culchies from that backwater of a place out West have as many fans in CP as them.

While I don't agree with them, the general issue is that returns from all other counties went mostly to Mayo - if the shoe were on the other foot, there would be hand wringing for weeks.

intoDwest

I would imagine that because Mayo were in the final a week before Dublin it gave a better chance for mayo people to put the speak in with other people for tickets. I know thats what we did the moment the semi final was over, any contact that we had was rang and asked for tickets and any spares that we had would only be passed on to Mayo people