All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffronandblue

By buying kids season tickets for 20 Euro and then drive those same kids to Cork, Kerry and Donegal etc. in February and March for league games, while others sit at home by nice warm fires having their Sunday roast etc.

straightred

Quote from: Avondhu star on September 17, 2016, 02:30:57 PM
What annoys me is watching the final on TV and seeing young kids there who spend the time counting the seagulls landing on the roof of the stands. How do families of five and six get these tickets anyway?

Probably season tickets and if they have gone to 60% of the games then good luck to them !

Asal Mor

Quote from: straightred on September 17, 2016, 02:40:07 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on September 17, 2016, 11:45:22 AM
Quote from: Beffs on September 16, 2016, 12:49:01 PM
If you are the kind of died in the wool, dedicated fan, that you think should be getting final tickets, (even though they don't attend all the games,) you should have no problem off loading your ticket onto someone else, who will pay you good money for it. Season tickets seats are usually the best in the ground. You'll have no trouble off loading them. In the league, you don't even need to get paid, as ST holders get in for free. You just need to get your card scanned, which is very easy to do. The whole thing is a no brainer.

Yes, different people have different income levels, but how are the GAA supposed to differentiate between them? Instigate means testing, show your dole card @ the ticket window, send your bank statement into your county board, along with your ticket stubbs? They can't process any of that kind of stuff, so the season ticket is the only fair way to do it.
I was always under the impression that season ticket holders were charged for every game including the league. If they are free as part of the season ticket package, that's fair enough.

Season tix are 100 for adults and 20 for kids. For that you get the 7 leagues matches, league semi's and finals plus first round of the championship. After that it is pay as you go with 5 euro discount off every ticket. From a money point of view it is barely worth it but if you get to an AI then it takes away all the stress. I got the league semi and final and the club final out of it so it probably did save me a few bob. Final tickets are generally good as well (i'm in 707 tomorrow)
So the league isn't free then. I might get one next year as the guarantee of good seats for every championship game is a big attraction. On the downside it charges you for not attending games in an utterly meaningless competition(anyone who says the League is otherwise, look how popular Davy is now with Clare fans).

straightred

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 17, 2016, 03:12:59 PM
Quote from: straightred on September 17, 2016, 02:40:07 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on September 17, 2016, 11:45:22 AM
Quote from: Beffs on September 16, 2016, 12:49:01 PM
If you are the kind of died in the wool, dedicated fan, that you think should be getting final tickets, (even though they don't attend all the games,) you should have no problem off loading your ticket onto someone else, who will pay you good money for it. Season tickets seats are usually the best in the ground. You'll have no trouble off loading them. In the league, you don't even need to get paid, as ST holders get in for free. You just need to get your card scanned, which is very easy to do. The whole thing is a no brainer.

Yes, different people have different income levels, but how are the GAA supposed to differentiate between them? Instigate means testing, show your dole card @ the ticket window, send your bank statement into your county board, along with your ticket stubbs? They can't process any of that kind of stuff, so the season ticket is the only fair way to do it.
I was always under the impression that season ticket holders were charged for every game including the league. If they are free as part of the season ticket package, that's fair enough.

Season tix are 100 for adults and 20 for kids. For that you get the 7 leagues matches, league semi's and finals plus first round of the championship. After that it is pay as you go with 5 euro discount off every ticket. From a money point of view it is barely worth it but if you get to an AI then it takes away all the stress. I got the league semi and final and the club final out of it so it probably did save me a few bob. Final tickets are generally good as well (i'm in 707 tomorrow)
So the league isn't free then. I might get one next year as the guarantee of good seats for every championship game is a big attraction. On the downside it charges you for not attending games in an utterly meaningless competition(anyone who says the League is otherwise, look how popular Davy is now with Clare fans).

I would argue that the dublin games in the league were far more competitive and entertaining than the leinster championship. I even opted out of the Leinster final (you are allowed one free opt out). You'll get into a league game for 10 euro if you buy the ticket in advance so the season ticket isn't good value as such. Unless your county has a genuine chance of an AI final then I don't think its worth it.

heffo

That Senator from Mayo was given two tickets on Tuesday last by the Mayo county board - this has been reported hasnt it?

straightred

Quote from: heffo on September 17, 2016, 05:29:49 PM
That Senator from Mayo was given two tickets on Tuesday last by the Mayo county board - this has been reported hasnt it?

if that's true then every mayo fan who hasn't a ticket should scream blue murder.

heffo

Quote from: straightred on September 17, 2016, 05:48:32 PM

if that's true then every mayo fan who hasn't a ticket should scream blue murder.

Do I post inaccurate information? (aside my my ridiculous opinions)

straightred

Quote from: heffo on September 17, 2016, 05:50:12 PM
Quote from: straightred on September 17, 2016, 05:48:32 PM

Do I post inaccurate information? (aside my my ridiculous opinions)

I don't doubt you but I'm stunned. This is the same county board that are forcing clubs to raise 2K to get extra tickets but yet they see fit to give that clown 2 tickets. You couldn't make it up.

Farrandeelin

Didn't know that. An absolute disgrace
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Beffs

That is an absolute disgrace.

Jinxy

Don't mind Heffo, he's only winding ye up.  ;)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Mayo4Sam

I've two Nally that I'm looking to swap for two hill
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

muppet

Senator Jim McGuinness?
MWWSI 2017

never kickt a ball

Oh no............ here we go again......

Will they be cheaper for the replay?