All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: armaghniac on September 16, 2016, 11:18:42 AM
Why should Dublin politicians get more tickets than Mayo ones.

How can the Mayo politicians compete with that?

muppet

Quote from: heffo on September 16, 2016, 01:02:42 PM

And the feckers play at home all the time! :)
MWWSI 2017

Crete Boom

Quote from: muppet on September 16, 2016, 02:55:35 PM
Quote from: heffo on September 16, 2016, 01:02:42 PM

And don't forget where Leinster house is in? Yes you guessed it Dublin!! ;D ;D Where is Don't Matter? I am sure he would have some table to show the advantage Dublin TD's have? ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: muppet on September 16, 2016, 02:55:35 PM

except for Ivor Callely, whose home was in Bantry.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

heffo

Ticket situation in Dublin is dire - I've never seen it as bad

muppet

Quote from: heffo on September 16, 2016, 06:50:48 PM

There is a funny text which has gone viral.

(I won't say what it was).

I forwarded it to a mate who is badly stuck and he replied 'f*ck off, I already rang that c***!'.
MWWSI 2017

winghalfback

It might have been stated on here before but £72 a ticket not much thought for austerity here. Just proves this is our greatest footballing Sunday of the year and it's turning into a corporate event more and more each year. I was offered a ticket needless to say I turned it down couldn't afford it and all that goes along with it.

From the Bunker

Quote from: winghalfback on September 16, 2016, 09:12:02 PM
It might have been stated on here before but £72 a ticket not much thought for austerity here. Just proves this is our greatest footballing Sunday of the year and it's turning into a corporate event more and more each year. I was offered a ticket needless to say I turned it down couldn't afford it and all that goes along with it.

The Gas thing is that most clubs got 80 tickets and a chance to buy 20 more if they raised €2,000. To get around this with less work, a lot of clubs have decided to charge €100 per ticket! This raises the €2000 straight off (€20 x 100).

Cunny Funt

2015 All Ireland final ticket allocation 2014 final is in brackets.

County allocations: 59,516 (57,553)

Provinces: 355 (355)

Overseas: 472 (472)

Central Council and former Presidents: 792 (788)

Camogie: 140 (140)

Ladies Football: 100 (100)

Rounders and Handball: 212 (212)

Sponsors: 994 (947)

Press: 254 (254)

TV and Radio: 74 (74)

Schools and Educational Bodies: 2229 (2229)

Third Level: 240 (240)

Croke Park Residents: 200 (200)

Match Officials and National Referees Panel: 148 (128)

Health Bodies and Irish Sports Council: 60 (60)

Match Day/Vertigo/Minor teams: 148 (148)

Staff and Sub Committees: 708 (698)

Jubilee Teams: 70 (70)

Mini Games: 230 (230)

Term Tickets: 2703 (4144)

Season Tickets: 1833 (2436)

Number available for distribution: 71,478 (71,478)

Premium and Corporate: 10,528 (10, 528)

Asal Mor

Quote from: Beffs on September 16, 2016, 12:49:01 PM
If you are the kind of died in the wool, dedicated fan, that you think should be getting final tickets, (even though they don't attend all the games,) you should have no problem off loading your ticket onto someone else, who will pay you good money for it. Season tickets seats are usually the best in the ground. You'll have no trouble off loading them. In the league, you don't even need to get paid, as ST holders get in for free. You just need to get your card scanned, which is very easy to do. The whole thing is a no brainer.

Yes, different people have different income levels, but how are the GAA supposed to differentiate between them? Instigate means testing, show your dole card @ the ticket window, send your bank statement into your county board, along with your ticket stubbs? They can't process any of that kind of stuff, so the season ticket is the only fair way to do it.
I was always under the impression that season ticket holders were charged for every game including the league. If they are free as part of the season ticket package, that's fair enough.

magpie seanie

Same all over. I've done an unprecedented amount of digging and have nothing, not even a good lead. Only missed one including replays since 1993....not looking good.

heffo

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 17, 2016, 01:20:03 PM

Same all over. I've done an unprecedented amount of digging and have nothing, not even a good lead. Only missed one including replays since 1993....not looking good.

It hasnt improved either

Rossfan

Can never understand why people from  30 Counties  would pay €80 to see two other teams. ???
If ye want to be neutral at a big game in Croker go to a Semi Final - half the price and tickets usually available.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Avondhu star

What annoys me is watching the final on TV and seeing young kids there who spend the time counting the seagulls landing on the roof of the stands. How do families of five and six get these tickets anyway?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

straightred

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 17, 2016, 11:45:22 AM
Quote from: Beffs on September 16, 2016, 12:49:01 PM
If you are the kind of died in the wool, dedicated fan, that you think should be getting final tickets, (even though they don't attend all the games,) you should have no problem off loading your ticket onto someone else, who will pay you good money for it. Season tickets seats are usually the best in the ground. You'll have no trouble off loading them. In the league, you don't even need to get paid, as ST holders get in for free. You just need to get your card scanned, which is very easy to do. The whole thing is a no brainer.

Yes, different people have different income levels, but how are the GAA supposed to differentiate between them? Instigate means testing, show your dole card @ the ticket window, send your bank statement into your county board, along with your ticket stubbs? They can't process any of that kind of stuff, so the season ticket is the only fair way to do it.
I was always under the impression that season ticket holders were charged for every game including the league. If they are free as part of the season ticket package, that's fair enough.

Season tix are 100 for adults and 20 for kids. For that you get the 7 leagues matches, league semi's and finals plus first round of the championship. After that it is pay as you go with 5 euro discount off every ticket. From a money point of view it is barely worth it but if you get to an AI then it takes away all the stress. I got the league semi and final and the club final out of it so it probably did save me a few bob. Final tickets are generally good as well (i'm in 707 tomorrow)