All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 15, 2016, 03:41:01 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 14, 2016, 11:53:27 PM
Would ye ever go away with yer draws and competitions , its fokin sickening at this stage . Never will i attend a county game again if i dont get one. Its painfully unfair and stfu with all the usual tripe thats thrown at people in my situation. I could write a friggin book on my years following mayo and nothing to do with this fashionable era since horan . Times when youd nearly know the cars pulling into league games up in cavan /ferm/w meath etc.

Why did you not get the Season/Cairde Ticket?
The season ticket might not suit a lot of people, who can't make it to every single match for various reasons, but they still deserve a ticket for the final if they're going when they can and getting to most of the games. It would be easy for the GAA in this technological age to reward the fans who have been going to most of the games with an option to buy a ticket for the final. Every time Galway get there, it sickens me to see who gets the best tickets(Usually with the hurling, you'll get one anyway but you might be up in the rafters, while some pr!ck who hasn't been to a GAA match in years has perfect seats for himself and his family). I feel your pain Larry. Hope ya get sorted.

macdanger2

Quote from: highorlow on September 15, 2016, 06:14:33 PM
QuoteThis made me laugh, the arrogance of this one know no bounds.

She was on drivetime this evening.

She is some piece of work alright. Trying to dress it up as something other then herself as seemingly entitled to a ticket.

Heard that alright, sounds like she hasn't been to too many matches this year

Tubberman

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 15, 2016, 06:39:32 PM
Would ye ever go away with yer draws and competitions , its fokin sickening at this stage . Never will i attend a county game again if i dont get one. Its painfully unfair and stfu with all the usual tripe thats thrown at people in my situation. I could write a friggin book on my years following mayo and nothing to do with this fashionable era since horan . Times when youd nearly know the cars pulling into league games up in cavan /ferm/w meath etc.

The season ticket might not suit a lot of people, who can't make it to every single match for various reasons, but they still deserve a ticket for the final if they're going when they can and getting to most of the games. It would be easy for the GAA in this technological age to reward the fans who have been going to most of the games with an option to buy a ticket for the final. Every time Galway get there, it sickens me to see who gets the best tickets(Usually with the hurling, you'll get one anyway but you might be up in the rafters, while some pr!ck who hasn't been to a GAA match in years has perfect seats for himself and his family). I feel your pain Larry. Hope ya get sorted.

With the Croke Park season ticket, you only have to go to 60% of games to qualify for a ticket for the final.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

From the Bunker

The thing is - you don't have to make it to every single match - just 60% of them.

So lets say you look at this year

7 league games and 6 championship games = 13 games

The magic number you have to get to is 8!

3 League games at home.
3 Championship games at home.

That's 6 handy ones to start with.

You then have to pick 2 from

Roscommon away in league.
Monaghan away league.
Westmeath Croker.
Tyrone Croker
Tipp Croker.

God even the most average supporter could manage that?

larryin89

I missed my renewal deadline this year. You cant  just buy Mayo season tickets there is a waiting list.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on September 15, 2016, 08:30:28 PM
I missed my renewal deadline this year. You cant  just buy Mayo season tickets there is a waiting list.

You can with the chairde?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 15, 2016, 10:03:15 PM

So can anyone buy Cairde? Say if I get a Cairde ticket next year...and don't attend any game, would I get a final ticket then?

Obviously I hope to go to as much games as possible, but events can take over.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Chimley

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 15, 2016, 10:18:40 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 15, 2016, 10:03:15 PM

So can anyone buy Cairde? Say if I get a Cairde ticket next year...and don't attend any game, would I get a final ticket then?

Obviously I hope to go to as much games as possible, but events can take over.

If we win on Sunday we won't be seeing another final for a while I'd say.

Beffs

Oh, come off it. Sure, we all have lives and jobs and family and financial commitments that impact our ability to attend games. We all have our own "various reasons" for not attending games. Other than the season ticket, there is no way the GAA could come up with an easy way to reward fans who have been going to "most" games. By your very vague criteria, there would be a over million people entitled to buy a ticket for the final & Croker only holds 82,000. How do you differentiate whether or not my various reason, is any more valid than your various reason? The season ticket is by far the best way to go about it. Add in the  low 60% attendance criteria and the ease with which people can get other people to scan their card for them, it makes having one even more of a no brainer.

Asal Mor

That's all well and good Beffs, if you can afford to be paying for tickets for games that you can't attend, just so you'll be guaranteed a ticket on the off-chance your county gets there. I'd like to see a season ticket that charges you only for the games you attend, with the same 60% requirement for your final ticket. It's expensive enough already to attend games, and plenty of genuine fans only have modest incomes.

Jinxy

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 15, 2016, 03:37:00 PM
Quote from: Mayoffs on September 15, 2016, 08:26:49 AM
http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/what-about-my-allireland-ticket-complains-senator-35050679.html

This made me laugh, the arrogance of this one know no bounds. She has the neck to call it discrimination by the GAA. She should be grateful she got the golden Senate ticket after being rejected by the electorate.

Unbelievable sense of entitlement

Sickening arrogance.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

armaghniac

However there is a point here.  How many TDs in Dublin get tickets? Why should Dublin politicians get more tickets than Mayo ones.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mayoffs

Quote from: armaghniac on September 16, 2016, 11:18:42 AM
However there is a point here.  How many TDs in Dublin get tickets? Why should Dublin politicians get more tickets than Mayo ones.

Simple maths, they have more TD's - population.  Mulhern is not a TD, she got a cushy Senate number because of her loyalty to Kenny and to stop her whinging
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

westbound

Quote from: Mayoffs on September 16, 2016, 11:25:16 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 16, 2016, 11:18:42 AM

Simple maths, they have more TD's - population.  Mulhern is not a TD, she got a cushy Senate number because of her loyalty to Kenny and to stop her whinging

It didn't work!!!  ;) ;)

Beffs

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 16, 2016, 05:24:02 AM
That's all well and good Beffs, if you can afford to be paying for tickets for games that you can't attend, just so you'll be guaranteed a ticket on the off-chance your county gets there. I'd like to see a season ticket that charges you only for the games you attend, with the same 60% requirement for your final ticket. It's expensive enough already to attend games, and plenty of genuine fans only have modest incomes.

If you are the kind of died in the wool, dedicated fan, that you think should be getting final tickets, (even though they don't attend all the games,) you should have no problem off loading your ticket onto someone else, who will pay you good money for it. Season tickets seats are usually the best in the ground. You'll have no trouble off loading them. In the league, you don't even need to get paid, as ST holders get in for free. You just need to get your card scanned, which is very easy to do. The whole thing is a no brainer.

Yes, different people have different income levels, but how are the GAA supposed to differentiate between them? Instigate means testing, show your dole card @ the ticket window, send your bank statement into your county board, along with your ticket stubbs? They can't process any of that kind of stuff, so the season ticket is the only fair way to do it.