All Ireland final tickets thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on September 09, 2021, 02:38:54 PM
Where would this group stand in Gaaboards estimations :)

A group of us (7/8) attend both All Irelands every year, we're from Monaghan so never as a competing county  :). A good share of us would attend semis/quarters and all our own county fixtures. All involved up to our throats in our own club in management, admin, coaching, refereeing, volunteering. Its not certain yet but I'd hope we will all get this Saturday. none of the tickets through the club as we didn't come out in the club draw but from a network of contacts built up over many years.

This isn't a Billy big bollix "look at me I'm going to the match" post but a reflection of the type of people that go to the final as I'm sure we'll see/meet other groups that we see every year.

Should we be giving it a miss this year?

Answers on a postcard please..................

Boycey if you get one and you are doing what your are doing for the club then fair play, I was never phoning anyone from Limerick or Cork when I was lucky enough to get a hurling ticket, Those tickets were allocated out to the county and i was lucky enough to have it.

By the same token, if you've built up a network of ticket providers then that problem is not with you but the ticket provider not allocating that ticket for someone inside his own county.

So enjoy the match ya lucky git, I never put my name in the hat this time or any time for the football, their are better men for it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cobra

A group of us (7/8) attend both All Irelands every year, we're from Monaghan so never as a competing county  :). A good share of us would attend semis/quarters and all our own county fixtures. All involved up to our throats in our own club in management, admin, coaching, refereeing, volunteering. Its not certain yet but I'd hope we will all get this Saturday. none of the tickets through the club as we didn't come out in the club draw but from a network of contacts built up over many years.

This isn't a Billy big bollix "look at me I'm going to the match" post but a reflection of the type of people that go to the final as I'm sure we'll see/meet other groups that we see every year.

Absolutely not. If you're lucky enough to get a ticket by being immersed in the GAA then good luck to you.

whitey

I'll take a contrary opinion and say you shouldn't go

There are people from the competing counties that have followed their teams through thick and thin-sometimes for decades, who've spent thousands of Euros supporting their counties at the same time putting in serious hours at their home clubs

For a lot of these people, their counties winning may very well be the best day of their lives.

Why would you deny them the opportunity to be present on the big day when you really don't care who wins one way or the other

I'd give them up to a deserving soul and bank some serious karma

RedHand88

Quote from: Cobra on September 09, 2021, 02:47:46 PM

Absolutely not. If you're lucky enough to get a ticket by being immersed in the GAA then good luck to you.

So the crowd will be full of lotto sellers from 32 counties whilst most of the competing County fans sit at home. Not for me, sorry.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: whitey on September 09, 2021, 02:57:04 PM

There are people from the competing counties that have followed their teams through thick and thin-sometimes for decades, who've spent thousands of Euros supporting their counties at the same time putting in serious hours at their home clubs

For a lot of these people, their counties winning may very well be the best day of their lives.

Why would you deny them the opportunity to be present on the big day when you really don't care who wins one way or the other

If they didn't get sorted its because clubs have messed up. Tyrone got over 11,000 tickets. They played Donegal in an Ulster semi final earlier this year with a capacity of something like 2,500 and didn't sell the full allocation (they went on general sale on the Friday evening). For the Ulster final again their was no huge demand for the allocation of tickets with a 16,000 capacity. Even for the semi final I don't believe they were going back begging for extra tickets and everyone in the clubs was easily sorted. The issue for the final in the competing counties is people jumping on the bandwagon.

Boycey

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 09, 2021, 03:19:13 PM

If they didn't get sorted its because clubs have messed up. Tyrone got over 11,000 tickets. They played Donegal in an Ulster semi final earlier this year with a capacity of something like 2,500 and didn't sell the full allocation (they went on general sale on the Friday evening). For the Ulster final again their was no huge demand for the allocation of tickets with a 16,000 capacity. Even for the semi final I don't believe they were going back begging for extra tickets and everyone in the clubs was easily sorted. The issue for the final in the competing counties is people jumping on the bandwagon.

Our tickets won't have come from either county boards allocations both of which are broadly the same in other years. As has been said on here by numerous people the allocation received by both counties will exceed the GAA diehards within their county?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Boycey on September 09, 2021, 03:33:48 PM

I’ll take a contrary opinion and say you shouldn’t go

There are people from the competing counties that have followed their teams through thick and thin-sometimes for decades, who’ve spent thousands of Euros supporting their counties at the same time putting in serious hours at their home clubs

Why would you deny them the opportunity to be present on the big day when you really don’t care who wins one way or the other

I’d give them up to a deserving soul and bank some serious karma

Our tickets won't have come from either county boards allocations both of which are broadly the same in other years. As has been said on here by numerous people the allocation received by both counties will exceed the GAA diehards within their county?
Go and enjoy the game Boycey, I don't think there is anything to be 'guilty' about.
In my experience, these people not getting tickets are very few and far between. -

"There are people from the competing counties that have followed their teams through thick and thin-sometimes for decades, who’ve spent thousands of Euros supporting their counties at the same time putting in serious hours at their home clubs"

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

macdanger2

Ye're a bunch of c*nts. If you're any sort, you'll meet me outside Gills on Saturday and hand over the 7/8 tickets; in return; ye can all have bed & board for the week's celebrations in Mayo!! ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 09, 2021, 03:45:21 PM

Ye're a bunch of c*nts. If you're any sort, you'll meet me outside Gills on Saturday and hand over the 7/8 tickets; in return; ye can all have bed & board for the week's celebrations in Mayo!! ;D

brilliant
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

naka

Quote from: square_ball on September 09, 2021, 01:40:10 PM
Said it in another thread players at a club should be at the top of any list when they're handing out tickets.
bullocks,
managers, committee.
layers come and go, but the above are the life blood
some clubs find it hard to get their players to take the monthly club payment.

TwoUpTwoDown

I see your point but complete contradiction to this is our own situation. We applied for tickets for all above mentioned games and the three of us got no problem. Yet we can't get the sniff of a ticket here after missing out in our clubs allocation.

Boycey

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 09, 2021, 03:45:21 PM

Lol, we're more Meaghers than Gills :). In other years you could have done worse than meeting us. A Mayo woman befriended us one time and got a couple of spare tickets over a couple of different years.

BennyCake

At most, each county would have a few thousand die hard supporters, who follow their county all year, all around Ireland. In the depths of winter, McKenna cup etc, they'll be there. So they'd be more deserving of an AI ticket, and you'd hope they'd get them. As for the rest who get to attend an AI final, they're probably a mixture of going to a few games a year, to those going to the big summer days out provincial/league finals to those who were never at a match in their lives.

So giving up your ticket so a bandwagoner (likely) pockets it?

Rois

Anyone know how to transfer a mobile ticket?

tyrone86

Quote from: Rois on September 09, 2021, 11:14:11 PM
Anyone know how to transfer a mobile ticket?

As far as I know you have to do it from a desktop/laptop and download it as a PDF to send it - the transfer functionality doesn't appear to be activated on gaa Ticketmaster accounts