GAA Discussion > Hurling Discussion

Ash dieback

<< < (2/6) > >>

doodaa:
I thought a good portion of the ash was already coming from China. Is ash dieback an issue in Asia? Perhaps I heard wrong though (about where the ash is coming from).

Is there no other type of timber that has similar properties to that of ash that could be used?

keep her low this half:
I read this myself the other day and first thought was bloody hell what does this mean for hurling sticks, only getting dearer by the look of things. Sad sad situation.

AZOffaly:

--- Quote from: doodaa on March 24, 2016, 02:47:10 PM ---I thought a good portion of the ash was already coming from China. Is ash dieback an issue in Asia? Perhaps I heard wrong though (about where the ash is coming from).

Is there no other type of timber that has similar properties to that of ash that could be used?

--- End quote ---

The clash of the yew doesn't sound as good :)

doodaa:

--- Quote from: AZOffaly on March 25, 2016, 08:12:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: doodaa on March 24, 2016, 02:47:10 PM ---I thought a good portion of the ash was already coming from China. Is ash dieback an issue in Asia? Perhaps I heard wrong though (about where the ash is coming from).

--- End quote ---

The clash of the yew doesn't sound as good :)

--- End quote ---

The clash of a the plastic hurl sounds even worse  :P

AZOffaly:
Cultec aren't plastic :) The clash of the carbon fibre sounds no better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version