Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

The Antrim Championship is very similar to the English Premier League

Creggan/ Man City - Spent a fortune eventually got over the line
Cargin / Liverpool - Nice team to watch have won some big cups
Arsenal / Portglenone - New young manager, started strong but will they fade away
Tottenham / St Johns - Nice new ground can cause any team a shock
Chelsea / Lamh Dhearg - Always a contender
Man Utd / St Galls - Used to have a good team, now in relegation zone,  facilities could do with an upgrade

seanyb

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 18, 2022, 12:37:03 PM

Arsenal / Portglenone - New young manager, started strong but will they fade away
Man Utd / St Galls - Used to have a good team, now in relegation zone,  facilities could do with an upgrade

Cargin not pay Cassidy £30k a year?

Milltown Row2

Cargin / Liverpool - Nice team to watch have won one big cup
Tottenham / St Johns - Nice new ground can cause any team a shock, record winners
Chelsea / Lamh Dhearg - recently a contender
Man Utd / St Galls - Used to have an All Ireland winning team, below top 6 ,  facilities are rubbish needs a upgrade

Fixed that ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

breakingball

What a load of bollocks

seanyb

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2022, 01:04:54 PM

Tottenham / St Johns - Nice new ground can cause any team a shock, record winners
Man Utd / St Galls - Used to have an All Ireland winning team, below top 6 ,  facilities are rubbish needs a upgrade

Fixed that ;)

Miltown maybe you can enlighten me, whats Cargins record in the Ulster Club? Have they ever managed to get by the 1st round...ever?

EOC1923

Quote from: seanyb on August 18, 2022, 01:02:05 PM

Cargin not pay Cassidy £30k a year?
The above was just a bit of craic, but the answer is no they didn't.

EOC1923

Quote from: seanyb on August 18, 2022, 02:02:03 PM

Fixed that ;)

Miltown maybe you can enlighten me, whats Cargins record in the Ulster Club? Have they ever managed to get by the 1st round...ever?
Yeah they have, bounce yourself on back to the Derry board there mate

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 18, 2022, 02:23:48 PM

Fixed that ;)

Cargin in fairness have been very unlucky over the years at Ulster level, its a tough gig and luck plays a lot into the draw and how you start the game...

Creggan really unlucky last year also in Corrigan.  Its the bounce of the ball or the rub of the green

Cargin have the right personnel to progress in Ulster, that I have no doubt, Derry champions whoever they are each year will always be strong and Kilcoo regardless of their win last year (and their league game the other night) will still be there or thereabouts come Ulster.

Is RD the man to connect the dots? I really hope so, and I'll be cheering them on if they do
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Fixed that ;)

Bit exclusionist. Tell me are we allowed to read the thread, just not contribute? Or neither?

paddyjohn

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 18, 2022, 04:51:50 PM

Fixed that ;)

Bit exclusionist. Tell me are we allowed to read the thread, just not contribute? Or neither?

Neither. Keep them over the bann where they belong

Belfast GAA man

Are the might creggan 1 away loss from being out in group stage? Or do my eyes deceive me on county site

Would ye whist

Nope you are quite right there Belfast GAA man, seems like something is just not right there, could be the worst defence of a title since Tir Eoghain this year

quote author=Belfast GAA man link=topic=21.msg2145619#msg2145619 date=1660915383]
Are the might creggan 1 away loss from being out in group stage? Or do my eyes deceive me on county site
[/quote]

123Bigball

But sure had they won the first day and the results went the same way last week they would still have to draw or win last game.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Would ye whist on August 19, 2022, 02:32:29 PM
Nope you are quite right there Belfast GAA man, seems like something is just not right there, could be the worst defence of a title since Tir Eoghain this year

quote author=Belfast GAA man link=topic=21.msg2145619#msg2145619 date=1660915383]
[/quote]

Creggan do have a tough test next week in their trip.to Corrigan but such underlines the worst seeding system that was employed in our county

Can we do nothing right....?

bannside

Top 4 in last year's cship seeded, one in each pot, open draw for the rest. Seems fair enough in principle - what would you do different next year?