Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveherlong

I hear O'Neills former clubmate Mickey Rea (now Glenavy) showed up well at the Antrim trials over the weekend

aontroim abu

Quote from: giveherlong on November 13, 2006, 02:46:35 PM
I hear O'Neills former clubmate Mickey Rea (now Glenavy) showed up well at the Antrim trials over the weekend

Mickey is now a clubmate of mine and is definitely worth a shout for the county team. quick, thinks ahead, good off both feet and deadly from fees

giveherlong

Yeah, very dangerous forward but he can fairly go through the clubs!
Derrytresk, Brackaville, Derrytresk, Glenavy

By the way, his younger brother Eoin is a useful forward for the Hill

ziggysego

Pictures of Greencastle's win over Ardoyne yesterday in the Ulster Junior Championship are now posted on the Greencastle website.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

A total of fifty players will be in the running for Tyrone GAA All-Star awards at the third annual Teamtalk Magazine Gala Banquet in the Great Northern Hotel in Bundoran on Friday 8th December.

Following weeks of voting, the list of contenders for places on the 2006 All-Star club football team has been whittled down to fifty names representing 22 different clubs.

The players shortlisted will be present at the banquet for the announcement of the 2006 Tyrone All-Star team as well as the senior, intermediate and junior footballer of the year award winners.

A selection of the nominees will also be in contention for the 'young club footballer of the year' and 'young achiever of the year' awards.

County champions Errigal Ciaran have seven players included on the shortlist for the All-Star team, while county finalists Carrickmore and newly crowned league champions Dromore each have five nominees.

Senior championship semi-finalists Coalisland and league runners-up Donaghmore both have three representatives on the nominees list, as do intermediate champions Stewartstown.

Ardboe, Omagh, Strabane and five clubs who earned promotion in 2006 - Galbally, Killeeshil, Derrylaughan, Greencastle and Brocagh – all have two names in contention for All-Star awards. And a further eight clubs have one player in the running for an award.

The list of fifty nominees includes five players who won an All-Star award for the first time last year – Ciaran McAleer, Cormac McGinley, Paul Quinn, Des Tracey and Justin McMahon – and three players who were members of the inaugural team two years ago, namely Ronan McGarrity, Gabriel McCallan and Fabian O'Neill.

Carrickmore goalkeeper Plunkett McCallan has actually made the team in each of the last two years and is in contention for a third successive All-Star award.

The latest list of All-Star nominees has been compiled from the huge number of votes submitted by clubs, journalists and the general public over the last six weeks. Another round of voting for both the team and individual awards is now underway and the final deadline is Friday 1st December.

Votes can be e-mailed to editor@teamtalkmag.com, posted to Teamtalk Magazine (51 Gortin Road, Omagh, BT79 7HZ), or phoned in to 02882251590.

There is a limited number of tickets still available for the All-Star Gala Banquet on 8th December. To apply for tickets please contact Edele as soon as possible by telephone or e-mail (edele@thegame.ie)

2006 Teamtalk All-Star Football Nominees...

John McConville (Ardboe)
Tommy McGuigan (Ardboe)
Aidan Cassidy (Augher)
Barry Donnelly (Brocagh)
Ciaran Donnelly (Brocagh)
Ciaran McAleer (Carrickmore)
Gabriel McCallan (Carrickmore)
Plunkett McCallan (Carrickmore)
Ronan McGarrity (Carrickmore)
Ronan McNally (Carrickmore)
Gareth McDermott (Clann na nGael)
Emmett Teague (Clonoe)
Johnny Curran (Coalisland)
Brian Toner (Coalisland)
Philip Toner (Coalisland)
Paul McGurk (Cookstown)
Paddy Quinn (Derrylaughan)
Kevin Coary (Derrylaughan)
Kelvin Hughes (Donaghmore)
Damian McCaul (Donaghmore)
Niall McGinn (Donaghmore)
Mickey Garry (Dromore)
Cathal McCarron (Dromore)
Eoin McCusker (Dromore)
Fabian O'Neill (Dromore)
Sean O'Neill (Dromore)
Peter Canavan (Errigal Ciaran)
John Devine (Errigal Ciaran)
Davy Harte (Errigal Ciaran)
Cormac McGinley (Errigal Ciaran)
Enda McGinley (Errigal Ciaran)
Paul Quinn (Errigal Ciaran)
Caolan Tierney (Errigal Ciaran)
Kieran McCrory (Galbally)
Paul Rafferty (Galbally)
Enda Clarke (Greencastle)
Martin Conway (Greencastle)
Des Tracey (Kildress)
Kevin Hughes (Killeeshil)
Shane Mallon (Killeeshil)
Dermot Carlin (Killyclogher)
Shane Hackett (Omagh)
Justin McMahon (Omagh)
Christopher Colhoun (Pomeroy)
C P Devlin (Stewartstown)
Gareth Devlin (Stewartstown)
John Devlin (Stewartstown)
Ciaran Friel (Strabane)
Danny McBride (Strabane)
Chris McCarroll (Tattyreagh)

Testing Accessibility

DuperDee

Whats the latest with the Tyrone Trails/ Are they finished or have any sort of a panel been drawn up

Fuzzman

Its all gone very quiet in here of late?

Looks like we're getting our big day out in Croker early next year with the NFL game on the Sat nite under floodlights.

Will we get revenge for last year's beatin in Omagh?
When does Mickey hope to have his new batch hatched from these trials?

Is Mugsy back playing for Cookstown and will he line out this weekend v the Clanns?
Is this game on in Carrickmore on Sat?

chuck hughes

Think final trial is tonight. Heard Philip Toner, Crico Colhone (Pomeroy) Colm Cavanagah and Tommy Mc Gugian have shown up well in recent ones.

snappiered

Enniskillen have appealed to the Ulster Council about Damain Mc Dermott getting two yellow cards and not being sent off. But the same thing happened there No.17 on Sunday Matthew Keenan. He got two yellow cards and wasnt sent off either. So they have no grounds for appealing.

lordylordy

To be honest I can't see the Gaels getting anywhere with their appeal - I'm not saying they're wrong to try it but these things have happened before, and I don't recall there ever having been any joy from appealing. Maybe I'm wrong, has any1 heard of appeals like this ever being successful? Does it not come down to the referees decision being final on the day - whether correctly or incorrectly. Given, though, in this case it was an oversight rather than a judgement call.
Not identical I know, but with disallowed/allowed scores that were later shown by video evidence to have been wrongly called, never stand-up to appeal. It'll be interesting to see how it pans-out. 

youbetterbelieveit

snappiered

Two Wrongs dont make a right, regarding the failure to send off two players.

Star Spangler

There's no Fintona men (oxymoron) on that All Star list?? 

hows she cutting

would be great to see Paul Mc Gurk get an all-star

had a very bad injury a few years ago, would have been part of the 03 & 05 AI winning teams only for that I'm sure.

Star Spangler

sam03/05

Think Paul McGurk got an all star last year. He is in great form for his club and must be very close to a Tyrone call up again.
Mugsy played the final 5 mins against Kildress last week. He should be fit for the Clann game - I dont think it is on this weekend - think it is the following week.