Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: johnnycool on November 03, 2021, 09:07:43 AM
I think I could beat Maguire in a sprint at the minute and my hamstrings are in tatters...

Bailly done OK but with Maguire beside him he needs to keep a lot closer to Maguire than he did at times last night. Mahrez will cut through that side of the Utd defence at will if he starts at the weekend.

Pogpa is dung/done/disinterested, take your pick but as bad as McFred are along with a ponderous Matic, it's the best options in there for the weekend.

This is where Utd are at their weakest, in midfield. They should be signing that lad from Brighton, Bissouma come January if they've any sense.

Ronaldo is untouchable in this team, he does very little other than put the ball in the net which I suppose is a big thing in this game.  ;D

Bissouma would be some signing.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Is Bissouma not in bother?

J70

gallsman

Sure Ronaldo can take him under his wing on that front too.

johnnycool

Quote from: gallsman on November 03, 2021, 01:11:06 PM
Sure Ronaldo can take him under his wing on that front too.

Only a bit of high jinks fisticuffs in a nightclub...

Fergie would get him off that in a heartbeat..

The lad was bursting for a shíte and the assaulted party wouldn't get out of his way your honour...

mouview

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 03, 2021, 08:23:43 AM
Big issue is that United have missed the boat now with regard replacing Solskjaer.  Conte was the best option out there and now he's gone.

United could be like the lonely bachelor at the end of his nightclub days who spent his time forlornly waiting for the 'right one' to come along, and in the process missed plenty of available dates.

Saffronaldo

Quote from: Boycey on November 03, 2021, 09:53:40 AM
Its funny how Ronaldo was his biggest problem not that long back

Still is his biggest problem in my book, although Maguire and McTominay aren't good enough either.

Ronaldo is too lazy and selfish to build the team around these days. You could get away with it if the rest of the side was brilliant but central midfield is weak and the defence is a mixed bag.

Boycey

From the Bunker

Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 04, 2021, 12:53:08 PM

Still is his biggest problem in my book, although Maguire and McTominay aren't good enough either.

Ronaldo is too lazy and selfish and too old to build the team around these days. You could get away with it if the rest of the side was brilliant but central midfield is weak and the defence is a mixed bag.

mouview

Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 04, 2021, 12:53:08 PM

Ronaldo is too lazy and selfish to build the team around these days. You could get away with it if the rest of the side was brilliant but central midfield is weak and the defence is a mixed bag.

Christ, how many problems more would OGS have had he not had Ronaldo? Probably saved his CL bacon until the knockout stages at least. The attack is the least of MU's worries. Varane, now injured for a month, is his only world-class defender. Shaw, Maguire, Lindelof, AWB are hopelessly overrated while his midfield, with McFred and a time-punching Pogba are bang average. Very easy to dislike CR7 but he's doing properly what he's paid to do.

Hound

Ronaldo is frickin awesome.

Recent evidence would suggest that him alongside Cavani, with Bruno just behind them is their best set-up, with the 3 English lads on the bench (and the French lad out the door!).

It would be interesting to see how a front 3 of Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho would get on (not sure who'd go central), but in big games like City coming up, you'd think they'd be best as benchwarmers (not sure about Sancho, but the other 2 are both class players).

Saffronaldo

I don't rate Rashford at all. My front 3 would probably be Cavani, Greenwood and Sancho, with Ronaldo and Martial coming off the bench.

Can't understand the hatred for Pogba. He is one of the few world class players Utd have. It's not his fault he has to work with crap like McTominay and Fred. He showed for France that he is a brilliant footballer when he has good players around him.

Armagh18

Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 04, 2021, 05:41:37 PM
I don't rate Rashford at all. My front 3 would probably be Cavani, Greenwood and Sancho, with Ronaldo and Martial coming off the bench.

Can't understand the hatred for Pogba. He is one of the few world class players Utd have. It's not his fault he has to work with crap like McTominay and Fred. He showed for France that he is a brilliant footballer when he can be arsed which isn't too often
Fixed that

Nanderson

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 04, 2021, 07:03:25 PM

Can't understand the hatred for Pogba. He is one of the few world class players Utd have. It's not his fault he has to work with crap like McTominay and Fred. He showed for France that he is a brilliant footballer when he can be arsed which isn't too often
Fixed that
Don't even see the fascination with Pogba playing amazing for France. 56 competitive games with 7 goals and 4 assists is a pretty poor return in a star studded team

BennyCake

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 04, 2021, 07:03:25 PM

Fixed that

Yes , I agree. First game v Leeds he set up 3 or 4 and scored,  and looked like he was finally going to be the player people thought he was capable of. But what else has he done until now? I think even Europe s big teams don't want to touch him as they can clearly see he is a huge liability