Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on May 19, 2011, 05:26:35 PM
After last weekends disappointment, I heard some good news for Antrim football today.

Conor Murray, Andrew McLean and CJ McGourty will all be studying next year in UUJ.

I thought he worked there, Will this improve UUJ or Antrim? CJ is struggling with his injury, be a while before he thinks about playing competitively
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Murray's already there and CJ has had a good bit of sigerson with st marys. McLean I'm not sure of.

I don't think it'll do much for Antrim. 2 of the 3 would get it tough to get on the team anyway.

When is the minor game against Cavan - next weekend?

saffron sam2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 17, 2011, 08:27:37 PM
8.05 Every full forward and full back must have a beer belly  ;D

Not much talk on here about sunday.

Less said about the seniors the better however great win for the minors. Donegal did well in the minor league so this was a victory against a good team. I saw highlights on TG4 (didn't make the game) and some real good football was played - even the 97/98 and 2005(?) teams that made ulster finals didn't play like that. (thought it's early yet) Hopefully we can get some kind of a run together here.

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on May 19, 2011, 05:26:35 PM
After last weekends disappointment, I heard some good news for Antrim football today.

Conor Murray, Andrew McLean and CJ McGourty will all be studying next year in UUJ.

Can't see how that's good news. Maybe if they work hard enough they'll eventually make it to Queen's.

Besides two of them boys will be injured and the third bench warming.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

CentreHalfBack

When I say good news for Antrim football, I mean, at least these boys will be studying at home and not across the water. So therefore they should be availablefor Antrim.
New season - new reason

AQMP

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 19, 2011, 08:35:27 PM
Murray's already there and CJ has had a good bit of sigerson with st marys. McLean I'm not sure of.

I don't think it'll do much for Antrim. 2 of the 3 would get it tough to get on the team anyway.

When is the minor game against Cavan - next weekend?

According to the County Board website, it's next Sunday 29th at Pairc Esler, Newry @ 7:00pm

aontroim

pebble-dasher

Cargin  2-15 1-10 St Galls 
Rasharkin  0-12 1-6 St Brigids
Lamh Dhearg  2-14 0-7 Aghagallon
St Johns  0-10 1-11 Ahoghill St. Marys 

Shock results there, big win for ahoghill up in corrigan, first win of the league? johnnies must of felt bad for beating ahoghill after a reply in championship last year!

Big win for Rasharkin,

Were creggan and moneyglass playing?

Any craic

See the Cargin goals from a big win over St Brigid's  - http://bit.ly/m8Ppf8

Pat Mustard

One of our main players leaves the county panel and not a single mention of it on here.

Minder

Quote from: Pat Mustard on June 01, 2011, 09:01:58 PM
One of our main players leaves the county panel and not a single mention of it on here.

Who left?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Minder on June 01, 2011, 09:04:33 PM

Who left?

Locky McCurdy
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 01, 2011, 09:16:12 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 01, 2011, 09:04:33 PM

Who left?

Locky McCurdy

He tried to stay on but Baker refused to allow carry outs on the bus ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Simon Says

Paddy Cunningham has left the panel due to being substituted against donegal. Chris Kerr, Sean Finch, Colm Fleming and Michael Armstrong have also left.

I hear also that james loughrey and sean kelly are set to return.

Simon Says

My only worry is, if bakers tactic for the last 3 years is to work the ball into the forward line and to win frees for paddy to kick over. Who will score for us? with no cj either.